I've been such an idiot

Dreamer

Gold Member
I had a difficult time, and because I was struggling, I ran away and hid (buried my head in the sand). I've had an abusive ex (emotionally), work problems, colds, flu, chicken pox. The chicken pox really put a spanner in the works with weight loss (I got itchy if I moved, let alone walked or gym), as did the emotionally eating after the ex. Also with money worries, I couldn't pay for CD and had stopped that.

I'm now wanting to start fresh from my new 208.4lbs start weight. I hope to get to 194lbs (i.e. lose a stone) by Sat 22nd Aug, when I go on holiday. I think it's a hard medium-term goal...not far enough in the future for me to lose interest, but enough time for me to make real progress. It's hard because of the amount to lose in 3 weeks, but I think it's doable. And after that I reckon I'll set monthly goals or so, at maybe 8 to 10lbs per new goal.

Anyone who is looking to lose about a stone in 3 weeks? I'd be happy to have someone on the journey with me. I'm doing the weight loss by a combination of meal replacement, healthy low carb high protein meals, plenty of gym and walking, and good old determination. I have Lipobind pills but unlikely to use them as I doubt they work, and they shouldn't be necessary if I eat low fat.

That's two days before I start college, I'm so up for this!

I want to lose a stone before I start college, and then I can take it from there and see how the weight loss goes during the year. If it slows down, that's alright, as long as I don't throw in the towel.

I'm doing a little bit of everything right now: calorie counting, using protein shakes some days, reducing carbs (mostly just bread), and trying to be more active. (Ha! This makes it sound too easy, I do find my hand wandering into the biscuit tin occasionally though!)

I haven't actually ever set myself a concrete goal like this, so I think having the same goal as someone would probably go a long way in keeping my hand off the biscuits. No promises on how I'll do, but best of luck for you!;)

Great! It looks from your ticker you've done great so far :) Good luck with this goal...I'm sure we'll both manage it! Out of interest, your screen name....do you have ties to Canada?

V

Haha, it may look like I've done well, but lord knows I've hit the biscuits more than once! Look at my join date through; that's when I first decided that I was really going to lose some weight; it's been a while. As long as I slowly keep plodding along though, I'm happy.

I'm actually canadian; I was in ireland and the uk for the last two years on gap years, and now i'm heading back to the uk as a student (in canada visiting my folks at the mo.)

I've never had symptoms of chicken pox (apparently have the antibodies though, so can't get it again,) it must have been horrible! One of my high school teachers had it as an adult and he had to go to the hospital, so I was terrified that I would get them as an adult too!

Good luck. I would like to do this with you as well a stone in 3 weeks is perfectly doable and to be honest I need all the motivation I can get.

Ah well as long as you're less than your max weight, you're better than you were at some point :) I've done the same though, hit the biscuits many a time! You can prob tell that by my join date too!

You're Canadian hey? Cool, that's my fave place in the world. I've spent since I was 16 knowing I wanna live there someday. I just am so in love with the place :) How have you found Ireland and the UK?

And yeah, the chicken pox was dire, and the scars dont heal the same. Although I notice them more than other people do, so maybe it's not so bad.

This challenge I've set hasn't started great as I've been eatin crap to finish the leftover fatty carby food in the house but on the plus side, I've actually gone back to the gym (about time!). I went on Fri and Sat for 40min each, and today I'm resting. How are things for you?

Good luck. I would like to do this with you as well a stone in 3 weeks is perfectly doable and to be honest I need all the motivation I can get.

Hi Seasons, glad to have you along for the journey...we can all do this! You're right, it's definitely doable..just a bit of intense dedication :)

Hi Id love to join in too! My baby is getting christened at the end of August and Id love to be a stone lighter. Im going to try to avoid bad carbs and junk food and exercise more!

Hey everyone,
Not been on this for a while, i sooo need to join in if its not to late guys... need motivation and a stone loss sounds good to me... good luck everyone and we can do it (i hope lol):eek:

sa, shrinking, precious, good to see you here, great to have you onboard! More the merrier!

How's everyone doing? I seem to be putting on weight on vlcd, but not going to panic till end of the week, when I'd expect to see a weight loss by. Hope you're all doing well and on track!

V

I had a difficult time, and because I was struggling, I ran away and hid (buried my head in the sand). I've had an abusive ex (emotionally), work problems, colds, flu, chicken pox. The chicken pox really put a spanner in the works with weight loss (I got itchy if I moved, let alone walked or gym), as did the emotionally eating after the ex. Also with money worries, I couldn't pay for CD and had stopped that.

I'm now wanting to start fresh from my new 208.4lbs start weight. I hope to get to 194lbs (i.e. lose a stone) by Sat 22nd Aug, when I go on holiday. I think it's a hard medium-term goal...not far enough in the future for me to lose interest, but enough time for me to make real progress. It's hard because of the amount to lose in 3 weeks, but I think it's doable. And after that I reckon I'll set monthly goals or so, at maybe 8 to 10lbs per new goal.

Anyone who is looking to lose about a stone in 3 weeks? I'd be happy to have someone on the journey with me. I'm doing the weight loss by a combination of meal replacement, healthy low carb high protein meals, plenty of gym and walking, and good old determination. I have Lipobind pills but unlikely to use them as I doubt they work, and they shouldn't be necessary if I eat low fat.
hey there, i'm going on a girls night out on the 22nd aug, so that's my mini target at the moment, (although I think I'll go for 6lbs ish rather than a stone in 3 weeks) but we can help each other along if you like?

Hiya Doing good thanks my weight loss diet started this morning im doing ok but we will see end of the week.. so guys how are we doing this, are u doin weigh ins at home and how are you all finding it... the key is stayin motivated something that i really need so am relying on u girls.... fingers crossed hey.

Alex - yes please we definately can help each other thats what we need. Hope ur all doing well. Im finding it a tad hard but it is 1st time in ages so in a few days im sure ill feel abit more positive :)

sa, shrinking, precious, good to see you here, great to have you onboard! More the merrier!

How's everyone doing? I seem to be putting on weight on vlcd, but not going to panic till end of the week, when I'd expect to see a weight loss by. Hope you're all doing well and on track!

V

Hi dreamer, don't panic keep at it :D. It's actually day 2 for me and I'm sticking to it so am ecstatic.

Hope everyone else is doing well too!;)

Hiya Doing good thanks my weight loss diet started this morning im doing ok but we will see end of the week.. so guys how are we doing this, are u doin weigh ins at home and how are you all finding it... the key is stayin motivated something that i really need so am relying on u girls.... fingers crossed hey.

Alex - yes please we definately can help each other thats what we need. Hope ur all doing well. Im finding it a tad hard but it is 1st time in ages so in a few days im sure ill feel abit more positive :)

i'm having a bad day today, got weighed (-1.5) this morning and for some reason since then have been on a complete binge, - i'm not even hungry. i do this all the time ~ yo-yo, goes on, comes off, goes on,comes off, last march i was 11 4 and now I'm a stone away and have been trying to shift it for the last year, so annoying! why can't lettuce be fattening and chocolate thinning?

i'm having a bad day today, got weighed (-1.5) this morning and for some reason since then have been on a complete binge, - i'm not even hungry. i do this all the time ~ yo-yo, goes on, comes off, goes on,comes off, last march i was 11 4 and now I'm a stone away and have been trying to shift it for the last year, so annoying! why can't lettuce be fattening and chocolate thinning?

Hiya Alex,

Don't let the loss bring you down. I'm sure it will even out in the coming weeks. Just stay strong and get back on track. I know how you feel though, I've been trying to lose weight forever, but this time it IS for real. What I think to myself is that if I had lost even half a pound a week for the last 2 years, I'd be in better shape than my goal weight right now! So please don't feel disheartened! You have done well in the previous weeks so keep at it :). Stay strong!

I'm not doing very well food-wise right now; just making a lot of really silly choices and eating things just because they're there. (That's the joy of staying at my parents house - biscuits and refined carbs EVERYWHERE!)

My weight's gone back up a bit, so I decided drastic action was necessary: I'm doing an incredibly stupid fad diet! (just for one day) The Apple Diet. Apparently it's pretty popular in Japan with all the schoolgirls (no, I'm not kidding), and if it's drastic enough for them, with their usual no-fat diet, it's drastic enough for me! All I'll be eating today is apples and two protein shakes. The diet is supposed to be just apples and no shakes, but I'm not quite that hardcore...

See, I've found that, with myself, if I really restrict my diet for one day I make better choices for a while after that. And while it's not the goal, if I drop a pound or two, it defo motivation to keep going.

(On a side note, my visa letter just arrived!!! I get to go get my new uk visa now!!):D

If only things were that simple Alex. I have been there to on weigh in days I think oh i am doing well and have a day when I eat what I like. But I am determined to lose the weight once and for all this time so that is now a thing of the past.
I am on day 3 and it is going well.

Hiya everyone, I hope you're all doing well today! The apple diet was a success: I'm feeling better about myself today and thinking more carefully about my food choices. The only downside is that I really don't want to see another apple for a while!

How is everyone else doing?

Hiya everyone, I hope you're all doing well today! The apple diet was a success: I'm feeling better about myself today and thinking more carefully about my food choices. The only downside is that I really don't want to see another apple for a while!

How is everyone else doing?

Well done on picking yourself back up canadatogo! That's the most important thing we all need to focus on, rather than thinking 'well may as well go all out now...' lol. I think I might try this apple thing next time too but hopefully it will not come to that!

Back