I've done it..From 27st to 12st in 13 months

it's like the weight is just melting away you're an inspiration

Well I've reached my 25th week on CD and lost 5lbs this week. I now weigh 17st 4lbs :D and my overall loss to date is 9st 10lbs..double :D:D.

I might also be weighing in a day early week because it's my birthday next Wednesday and I'm supposed to be away that night (no eating or drinking involved..booooo) and won't be able to weigh in Thursday morning - although they aren't definite plans.

Has anyone been extra cold these last couple of weeks? I've had my heating on constantly and I had an extra blanket in bed last night. I know I'm lacking some padding now :p but I am freeeeeeeeezing.

5lbs is fabulous. Keep up the good work your doing so well. Hope i do half as well on Exante :)

another fabby week!!

Oh yes, the feeling cold. I've been cold all through my CD journey but particularly so the last couple of weeks. I think it's a mix of CD and the shedding of the pounds!! :D

OMG!!!!

Well done huni, 5lbs is great!! Ive been cold to and havent even started my cd yet uh oh lol

you really are unstopable :) and i know where you are coming from on the weather frot didnt not used to really feel the cold been walking around with two coats on of late till my body thermomiter catches up with its self x

well done thats fab!!!

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, I’ve lost 10st, Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeeeee :D

I’ve weighed in a day early as I’m away tonight and won’t be able to weigh in tomorrow, so my 4lb loss tips me into the 10st gone category. So there we have it I’m 36 today and I have lost a whopping 10st in 6 months – what a present eh!

When I started CD I hoped that this would be the time that I did it but I had that nagging voice in the back of my head that this time would be like every other time and would end in failure. But I made it through one week, then two, then four (which was the longest I’d ever managed) and the weeks became months and still they went on to month six and somewhere along the way I mustered up strength and control that I never knew I had.

With another birthday upon me I’ve been doing some thinking this week and it feels like after such a long time in a dark, dark place the light has been switched on. I keep trying to describe how I feel – ecstatic, proud, elated and overwhelmed. I’m overwhelmed by the changes in me physically and emotionally, I smile more, I look people in the eye and I’m more willing to engage in conversation. I’m overwhelmed with the support and lovely comments I’ve received and with thoughts of what I want to do and how excited I am about my life and future again.

Getting my head around the fact that I’m a size 18/20 (I bought a wrap dress from Wallis in a size 16 :eek: and it is very snug but I can get it on :D) when six months ago I was a size 34 is strange but I am getting there. I love clothes and I can’t stop looking at them. I want to buy everything but I resist because I am going to get smaller still. I keep buying shoes and boots – beautiful boots with killer heels just because I can :p. I’ve booked nights out to the theatre, concerts and comedy gigs. I’ve got invites to parties and nights out over the next couple of months and I find myself saying yes to everything instead of no.

On the whole I have found CD pretty easy but the demons are still there sometimes and I struggle with ‘I want to binge’ feelings :( but I haven’t and I won’t so maybe I have learned something.

Oh and another thing that I’ve done recently is tell my Daughter and Sister how much I weighed which is a biggie for me because I never thought that I would tell anyone in a million years, but it just felt ok to say it. It has helped me really because I can now talk about how I felt and how it still makes me feel. Stuff I’ve kept locked away for many years hidden under a ‘fat and jolly’ persona.

Sorry for the ramble Folks. I just wanted to get it down on paper so to speak.

Blimey I really have lost 10st :D and have 5st 7lbs to go :D. CD has changed my life..end of!!

Firstly Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Secondly i've been following your diary for a while and you've done incredible well!!!! truly inspiring. :)

Happy birthday Awaken Me, and well done!!!! I'm sure you must feel and look fantastic and you totally deserve it :D

The best birthday present ever and all down to your hard work and determination. Well done, won't be long till you reach your goal and just think of that new summer wardbrobe you'll have to buy :)

You are truly inspirational :talk017:

And Happy Birthday, hope you have an amazing day you deserve it :)

Last edited:
That is fantastic! Happy Birthday!! What a change in six months- makes it all worth it! You are such an inspiration to everyone on here, I just wish i'd stuck to the diet last year. Enjoy your birthday- bet you won't be able to stop grinning today.

Happy birthday - bet none of your presents compared to the feeling you had looking at the scales! Enjoy your birthday and all the compliments coming your way :)

Happy Birthday - just had to post, you really are amazing you know, you've done amazingly well and you really are an inspiration.

Hope you have had the happiest birthday ever.

Back