I've done it now... marathon entered

Guinness_tester

Well who would have thought it, 25 and a half stone in January 2007 now just under 12 and a half stone and maintained for 7 weeks so far!! I have today done a crazy thing.... I have entered the 2008 Reading half marathon, I was born and bred in Reading and always remember my PE teacher calling me a crettin for walking around the running track refusing to run, I was just the fat kid, fat kids dont run!!!
So since losing my weight I have been jogging for fitness, I am currently doing 8.5km in just under 1 hour three morning a week. I thought it would be nice returning "home" to where as a kid I would watch the marathon and never dream of entering. I have now until March 2nd 2008 to be up to full fitness.
How crazy is that!!
Keep your fingers crossed for me for Dec 1st "slimmer of the year" awards announced!!
Best Wishes
Alan
check my pictures on my blog The Big Diet

Wow you ahve done so well! Good luck in the Marathon. I intend to do the london one in 2009 - You are my inspiration of the day! PS the pictures are truly fantastic!

Alan, well done you, what an amazing achievement to lose all that weight!!!, I don't envy all the training you are going to have to do tho, but it will be so worth it on the day, good luck!!!!

Congratulations, a great effort.

My only advice (as someone who used to run a fair bit) is to invest in the right trainers, it can make such a difference to any runner.

Go and have a chat with someone at a running shop, they are a friendly bunch.

Dear god, wow, what a great losss, you'll fly round well done!!!!!!

You're a great reason for others to stick to this, I'd personally have a t shirt printed with your pe teachers name and a rude word on followed by the word OFF. I can't wait to return to my home town and flaunt the new me, should be doing so in the not too distant future, my MIL is my main arch enemy and I can't wait to see her face at christmas hee hee ((evil laughter smog))

I'm sure you've heard this before, but seeing your page got me onto minis got me onto the diet (my friend is on it too but i wanted to research a little myself, your site was the tipping factor) after seeing your pics and reading your blog i thought hell yeah!!

Congratulations! i hope you get SOTY as i think a number of people have been inspired by your site and you have lost an enormous amount of weight... your also taking very positive steps towards yous fitness!!

Good luck in the future and to a whole new chapter in your life! :D

wow, what an achievement! Time to show them you're not that fat kid anymore!

Well Done!

Back