I've got shorts on!! and got wolf whistled at!!

MandyJ72

OK, it was by DH but hey still counts!!

Decided this morning that I was gonna brave putting on shorts which is normally reserved for holidays and I wear 3/4 lengths at home but not going out today so why not!

Pulled a pair out the drawer which wouldn't even go on a couple of months ago never mind fasten up and thought, well, I'll see how much I've got to go before I can fasten them - AND THEY FASTEN AND I'VE GOT THEM ON!!

They are denim ones and fairly short (shortest ones I've got) but they are comfortable!

Couldn't believe it! Stomach feels "supported" but not tight that I need to take them off and not so tight round me thighs!

Came downstairs, DS (9) said "Mum you've got legs" and DH wolf whistled and said thought you weren't buying new clothes - said I didn't and last time these fitted me was about 4yrs ago but I really liked them so hadn't chucked them out!!

Am feeling dead chuffed now!!

M
xx

YAY you!!!!!:D:D:D

Good feeling isn't it???

My husband is painting inside my wardrobe today so we have all my clobber out, been going through and am sure I can get into some of these jeans now.

Keep up the good work.
xx

Well done Mandy:D, you are braver than me. The last time I wore shorts was about 9yrs ago:cry: The most I will show of my legs is in cropped trs:sigh:

Mel x

You go girl!! I was actually thinking about shorts today as saw so many people with them on, and have been contemplating going to buy some. Live in 3/4 lengths or light trousers (sometimes a skirt, woo) usually in the summer. Do have a couple pairs of shorts, but haven't worn them for years and doubt they'll fit me just yet.

Im gonna have to go shopping to get new shorts for Florida in 3 weeks and new t-shirts as well (let's just say that DH is calling my baggy ones rent-a-tent on me!) luckily I can get t-shirts thru my wholesaler for cheap so don't have to spend a fortune but am going to see if I can take my 3/4 trousers in a bit for the holiday and just get new shorts (decent length ones) for wearing round the parks!

Who knows, at this rate, I might even need to go down a shoe size!!

M
xx

Back