I've had a bad bad week...

jemimarobin

Oh dear me. well all was going well, I lost 12lb by sunday (11 days on lipotrim) and then I had very small roast chicken meal on sunday and then tuesday I wasnt feeling so well with a sore throat and felt sorry for myself so thought right thats it I'm going to scoff myself silly and I blimmin well did, it was like it was inevitable and I had no control over it. stupid thing to say I know as its obviously just me in control of my body and mind.... anyway I ate a mountain of cheese and biscuits and a whole pack of marshmallows and 2 fried eggs in a roll. the eggs made me feel sick so i stopped but I dont know what was wrong with me i just wanted to eat and eat and I thought bugger it.

well now I have probably put on about 5lb properly... great. I've just been ss'ing the last 2 days so I hope I will get back up but I dont expect to lose any this week in fact I'll be lucky if I stay the same and dont put any on.

really annoyed with myself as I have a night out on friday saturday and wanted to look and feel good about myself and now I have ruined it- what an idiot. I know I thought ooh I've lost a bit I'm alright now but I'm blummin well not and I obviously havent even got close to having a handle on my eating habits otherwise I wouldn't be bingeing like that. I'm disgusted with myself and am determined not to veer from now on. I suppose I need to get my head around the fact that I cant just eat anything I want whenever I want again even when the diet is over as such there will then be maintenance. Everything needs to be thought out so that I am not falling into comfort/bored eating again.

Anyway if anyone wants to take anything fom this its that if you just cheat a little bit even if you tell yourself it wont- it will inevitably snowball into more 'bits' of food and it will show on your body and at your weigh in and seriously who are you really cheating anyway? just yourself...well thats what I think anyway.

lesson learned. :sigh:

uve only been on the diet 5 minutes mate, dont be so hard on urself. u r doing fab and to get back on track so fast is great.

draw a line under feeling cr*p. fresh start already underway. u can do this. dont forget, if u dont stay on track now, me and sonkie will come round and take turns sitting on u...THEN u'll be sorry :D

Jem there is no doubt that this kind of diet is bloody hard , ive been the same this week really , little bits here and there , i have now just had my last bit of food ! im not going to let it touch my lips now !!!! you can do it to hun , u hav done so well dont be hard on your self cos in the next 2 weeks u will loose it all over again !!!
Be with me on this one Jem ok xxx
We can do this and we will look fantastic !!!!!

AAAW mate we have all been there, my hubby keeps saying that I might as well eat over the weekend.....but nope im not gonna, I need to think about what I want.....what is my goal....!

thanks girls, I'm up for it it you are sam! I know I can do it I just need to keep the end goal in sight except I'm rubbish when it comes to big goals and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel if you know what I mean.

I'm going to play some music and try to relax a bit and try not to beat myself up anymore about it and try to think of getting through the next few days with a more positive attitude knowing that the weight will come off if I keep at it.

night girls! thanks again for your advice and encouragement, i reckon I would have given up by now if it wasnt for you guys :) xxx

This is what we r here for jem , new goal for us both ok ... weigh in on sunday no food till then for defo , then sunday night we shall see what the damage is and set a new goal !
Night hun

Yeah Jem I know how you feel.
Ive had a bad week too. Had to work late on Wedesday and was so hungry ended up eating piece of cheese. Since then have been nibbling at food whenever i get the chance. Today I had two biscuits and a spring roll. Hate myself for doing it. Not even sure why i did cause ive been a lot hungrier and had bigger cravings over the last 5 weeks. Im dreadin getting on the scales on Tuesday and finding out ive put on weight. Even as im sitting here im tempted to order takeaway cause ive broke it now anyway.
How do you know if you are out of ketosis? On the days I cheated I only had two soups instead of three though that probably didnt help. Is there anyway to get back into ketosis quicker?
Lisa :cry:

aww lisa big hugs! I'm sorry you've had a bad week too, it sucks doesnt it and you've obviously been doing it for 5 weeks or so so it must be annoying to have eaten when you're cravings werent even that big- that was exactly the same as me! I'd had much bigger cravings as well but just wanted to eat at that time and it just makes you feel like oh well I've eaten now I might as well eat what I want and thats the killer thing about it you cant just have a little bit of something because you're going to want more.

about the ketosis thing- do you have any ketostix? thats how I test although it has shown me to be in ketosis when I've checked this week although I dont check every day. I think physically the way I know is that I dont feel hungry at all really and even when you do get hungry before a meal its not that all consuming kind of hunger that you used to get before ss'ing. I feel quite light and not weighed down by food if you know what I mean (if I've stuck to it!) and usually have baaaad breath!... thats how I feel anyway I guess there are proper symptoms but the best way is to check with the ketostix and they should be in the middle range of 'pinks' to show you're body is buring fat but some people do not show themselves to be in ketosis and they still lose weight so I think its mostly if you feel you are losing it (even ifit doesnt show on the scales).

that was a bit of a ramble but hope it made a bit of sense!!

dont worry put this week behind you and try to abstain til tuesday because it wont help if you just keep eating and you'll have more to lose next week if you do. I stopped eating food on tuesday night and have ss'ed since then and I'm hoping this will help me get down to last weeks weight rather than have put any on but we'll have to see! :rolleyes:

anyway, I hope you keep going as doing it for 5 weeks even though you've had really bad cravings is a real achievement and I hope you realise that!! good luck! ps. hope you didnt order that takeaway! :eek:

Hi Jem
Nice to know you have done well the last couple of days !!! Me too hun woo hoo
Sunday tomoro one more day to go , we will be on track and im sure with you doing that 'ssssssing; thingy majic you should be fine !!!
Yes Sam has no idea what it is lol
My builder should be here in a mo so i better get my backside in gear !!!
Speak to you later mate x

hey sam- ss'ing is sole sourcing ie. just eating shakes or soups or whatever rather than fooding it up!!! (it took me a while to work it out mind!)

good luck with the builder guy and well done on being good too and ss'ing the last few days lol :D

aww lisa big hugs! I'm sorry you've had a bad week too, it sucks doesnt it and you've obviously been doing it for 5 weeks or so so it must be annoying to have eaten when you're cravings werent even that big- that was exactly the same as me! I'd had much bigger cravings as well but just wanted to eat at that time and it just makes you feel like oh well I've eaten now I might as well eat what I want and thats the killer thing about it you cant just have a little bit of something because you're going to want more.

about the ketosis thing- do you have any ketostix? thats how I test although it has shown me to be in ketosis when I've checked this week although I dont check every day. I think physically the way I know is that I dont feel hungry at all really and even when you do get hungry before a meal its not that all consuming kind of hunger that you used to get before ss'ing. I feel quite light and not weighed down by food if you know what I mean (if I've stuck to it!) and usually have baaaad breath!... thats how I feel anyway I guess there are proper symptoms but the best way is to check with the ketostix and they should be in the middle range of 'pinks' to show you're body is buring fat but some people do not show themselves to be in ketosis and they still lose weight so I think its mostly if you feel you are losing it (even ifit doesnt show on the scales).

that was a bit of a ramble but hope it made a bit of sense!!

dont worry put this week behind you and try to abstain til tuesday because it wont help if you just keep eating and you'll have more to lose next week if you do. I stopped eating food on tuesday night and have ss'ed since then and I'm hoping this will help me get down to last weeks weight rather than have put any on but we'll have to see! :rolleyes:

anyway, I hope you keep going as doing it for 5 weeks even though you've had really bad cravings is a real achievement and I hope you realise that!! good luck! ps. hope you didnt order that takeaway! :eek:

Cheers Jem
Never heard of ketostix but just went and looked them up to c what they were. Will def be geting me some of those. Not sure how bad my breath is. My mouth is horrible every morning though like ive a really bad hangover.

Have managed not to eat today but ive caught a bit of a bug so it was easy to keep away from the cupboards. Never so happy to be sick in my whole life lol. Hopefully will be back on track tomorrow.

Anyway i hope your doing better now too.
Thanks again
Lisa
By de way i didnt order a takeaway. Me and my roommate were both out of credit on our phones. Obviously wasnt meant to happen

Hi Lisa,

Well done on not having a take away!

You do feel your tongue a bit furry and you might have a smell on your breath and this usually goes away. Be sure to drink water as you must drink at least four pints in addition to what you use to mix your packets.

Normally you should be in ketosis by the fourth day.

Hope your feeling better soon:)

Love Mini xxx

Hi sam sorry I wasnt at the chemist earlier but was hungover at 10.30 and needed to sleep! I'm amazed I lost a 1lb at my weigh in- I know its not much but I expected to have put on about 5lb so I'm quite pleased really. Will be extra good this week to see if I can reach my mini goal by the 24th :eek: not looking too likely right now as will have to lose 13lb in 13 days so we'll have to see!

well done on your loss sam! xxx:D

well done on your 2lb missy! :D

I am going to be 100% committed this week and make sure I do some proper exercise too which I didnt do last week and I'm sure it made a difference (that and the stupid amounts of food I ate...:rolleyes: )

hope you're well!!!

Jem x

Hi guys I am back...hope you missed me...!
Well I did well all day saturday, then blew it by having a pizza at the premier travel inn....and same goes for the rest of the wk end..!
Still I am back to it tomo so will probably be hard but I have to get back on track.

hi sonkie hope you're ok and you're brother is doing ok too. we did miss you! :D xxx

hi sonkie hope you're ok and you're brother is doing ok too. we did miss you! :D xxx

Thanx Jem I have missed my daily input on minimins, but I am back and also back to ss`ing.
I did eat but from today Im back on track .....I have to stick to it 100% so Im feeling very strong and positive !

How are you getting on ?
Did you see Sam on sunday ?

hi son I was terrible over the weekend as well what with various nights out and all that and I've been knocked out of ketosis but sticking to ss now so hope i get back to keto land soon and hope it doesnt pile back on!

I didnt see sam on sun cos I went a bit later due to hangover! well its 3 weeks since the day before starting lipotrim and I've lost 15lbs which seems slow compared to the results others seem to get on this diet but its pretty amazing just in terms of weight loss- there's no other diet you could lose over a stone on in 3 weeks I dont think! so just gonna keep plodding along with it.

lets keep up the good(ish!) work! xxx

Back