I've hit a plateau- so what do I do next?!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all,
Well I think I've hit a plateau! The last 4 weeks have been slow! STS, gained 1 1/2lb, lost 2 1/2lb, STS, over this period I've basically lost 1lb! My progress has been good so far (34 lb in total) and I've been as 100% on plan as I have since the beginning, if anything doing much more walking than I was in earlier weeks! I know that exercise can slow things down a bit with the building of muscle etc, but I'm beginning to think I've just reached that plateauing point in my weight loss! I've been told that I need to trick my body into doing something different as it may have got used to the same types of food (although I feel that I have a varied diet) and the same kind of exercise (walking) but I would be grateful for some tips from people who have been through this! It's frustrating knowing that I'm being so good and seeing such slow progress at the moment! It would also be great to hear from people who have come accross this during their weight loss journey but have come through it and started seeing regular losses again!! XXX

When this happened to me I got in a bit of a panic, because I thought that the weight would never come off.
There are things that you can try, like watching portion sizes, especially of carbs, superspeed challenge, even success express. You could do alternate days of red/EE (green I suppose but watch the carbs).
Make sure that you aren't eating for the sake of it regarding snacks etc
Most of all you just need to plod on and get through it which takes a lot of courage and I have every confidence in you to keep going.

(By the way, I walked past the church yesterday evening at about 4.45 and again at 5.15 when I was walking, I was hoping to catch a glimpse of you to say hello)

What plan are you doing funcurls? I do original & green & when I hit the plateau I always do success express & I go back to my books & start again, weigh everything, double check syns etc. It just gives me the boost I need & gets me re-focused on the plan again.

If you go to class as well then you could ask for an SAS log, this is something you just do yourself & don't hand it back in but it is fantastic for focusing you again and normally by day 3 you have figured out where you are going wrong

hey honey!! i think try the following

Back to basics - try Red and Green days - and have loads of superspeed foods.

Variety - get some new things into your plan - new fruits, veg, meats - new HEB snacks, vary the HEA you have (milk, babybels, grated cheese)

Exercise - keep a log of how much you do - speak to your C about it all.

Good luck honey - you can do it!!! xxx

I've just gone back to red after plateauing on EE. I deffo think I'm a red girl!!

What plan are you doing funcurls? I do original & green & when I hit the plateau I always do success express & I go back to my books & start again, weigh everything, double check syns etc. It just gives me the boost I need & gets me re-focused on the plan again.

I'm doing EE! Perhaps I'll take your advice and go for orig/green and see if it makes any difference! I'm pretty sure I haven't got into any bad habits- if anything I'm being really obsessive about weighing & measuring because I'm so determined to get to my goals! I haven't let things slip at all! I've been doing a great deal of walking though and it's making me think that this is what's slowing me down a bit because I've definitely lost inches- I can feel it in my clothes and I'm getting far more compliments just in the last few weeks! I'm a fool for not measuring! But I will try orig/green, even if to trick my body a bit and give it a kick up the bum!! Thanks to all you other folks for the tips! I'll try the 2/3 superfree too/cutting down on carbs!X

Back