I've just had a healthcheck at work!

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Really interesting!

There's this 'know your numbers' roashow' thing and I had to fill out a bit of a questionnaire, have a cholesterol test, weight, height etc.

I've never had a cholesterol test before so I found that one the most interesting. It's all perfectly normal! Woohoo! However, my good cholesterol (HDL) is a teeeny bit on the low side. To boost this, I need more good fats - olive oil, avocado, nuts etc...and red wine! Hahaha! Guess what I'll be spending my syns on from now on?

Also interesting was my waist measurement, which I thought would be way, way off, seeing as my bmi is 26.2, according to the chappie. But it's actually 84cm and they recommend women to be under 80 for reducing the risk of heart problems.

So...I am actually more normal than I thought I was!!! :D

What I am not too happy about is being 162cm...which means I am not 5'4" as I always claim. I am a snifter under it at 5'3 ¾ :cry:I am a shortarse!!!

It's nice to know I am healthy generally and low risk of cardiac disease!

aw sweets come and stand next to me you will tower over me at 5.2

The both of you would be giants compared to me lol. Well done on your health check Hellie and how awful for you having to drink red wine!! xx

I know...red wine and nuts...torture!

your lucky im 5'1 lol

You can come and tower over me if you like, I am only 4'11" LOL.....my family called me 'The Pygmy' or 'The Hobbit'.

Well done on your health check, it's nice to know that you are healthly.

Well done Hellie :D Should we be expecting an influx of red wine fuelled random posts from you now? Mind not over syn on it though....you have a size 12 to get into!! *nod* :D:D

Thats great about your results.... my OH got a phone call from the GP to say that his cholesterol is 7.5. Thats grim. Boo Hoo. But he is so skinny and eats what I eat (ie SW). But he does smoke and he does drink too much (never drunk tho).... but he wont believe me that its the ciggies and drink. The GP said its either his diet or its hereditory (sp.?)... he never mentioned the ciggies and the cider. ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Sorry to hijack your thread sweetie. lol

That's good news. You must be really pleased to see the results in the flesh, so to speak!

I'm 5.3 and wish I was taller!

Well done Hellie :D Should we be expecting an influx of red wine fuelled random posts from you now? Mind not over syn on it though....you have a size 12 to get into!! *nod* :D:D

Perhaps! I will have to save the syns for it though, but OH won't complain. We love red wine in our house :)

Yes, I think I will leave the red wine treatment for good cholesterol until after I've gotten into that 12, thank you for the not-so-subtle reminder! LOL! :D

Thats great about your results.... my OH got a phone call from the GP to say that his cholesterol is 7.5. Thats grim. Boo Hoo. But he is so skinny and eats what I eat (ie SW). But he does smoke and he does drink too much (never drunk tho).... but he wont believe me that its the ciggies and drink. The GP said its either his diet or its hereditory (sp.?)... he never mentioned the ciggies and the cider. ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Sorry to hijack your thread sweetie. lol

That's not a hijack :)
Sorry to hear about your OH. It's not that high, but he could do with getting it down. If he's eating what you eat then he needs to cut down the booze and fags, definitely....and start getting some exercise. I've been reading on tinternet this afternoon about what to do! Print him some stuff out and give him a health scare - tell him he's heading for a heart attack if he's not careful!!!

What sites have you found your info on.? I need a really good one. lol

That's not a hijack :)
Sorry to hear about your OH. It's not that high, but he could do with getting it down. If he's eating what you eat then he needs to cut down the booze and fags, definitely....and start getting some exercise. I've been reading on tinternet this afternoon about what to do! Print him some stuff out and give him a health scare - tell him he's heading for a heart attack if he's not careful!!!

Back