I've lost 50 pounds...and I'm not bothered about fiding it ever again!!

trixiefoofoo

Well, as the title says, today I hit my mini goal of 50lbs off!!

Quite surreal feeling to be honest.

Always been sooo impressed by people who post things like this here and thought it must be amazing but don't really feel like I thought I would?!

Know I've done well and can see a difference now but also feel like I still look big and have so much to go.

Bought a size 18 top today when I was a 22 before and I'm wearing loose 20 trousers and was a 24 - so I am making a difference now.

Thought I'd feel a lot brighter though?!

Anyone else experienced this?x

I did the first time especially when the pharmacist took me off lipotrim before I reached my goal.. Being critical comes with finally being able to be, I know it doesn't make much sense but before you couldn't be critical because you didn't see a way out...now you have your way out you need to give yourself praise for your acheivements so far, and look forward to more...

i know the feeling and im please your feeling the same ,well done :)and good luck:)

My friend and I were having this conversation yesterday - we have both lost 30+ lbs and are not near being happy with our size. Yes we look 'better' but better compared to the disgusting state I had got myself into before I started not better compared to the size I was before having children.
Its such an extremely personal thing, and I am convinced that because the loss is so fast its almost like you dont have time to appreciate it or even realise it is gone. Im still wearing the same clothes even though my work trousers look a bit like I have stolen them from a clown and my jeans fall down when I walk. I just can't convince myself that Im the smaller size. xx

i had to try all my old clothes on, to really realize how much i had lost, and i still thought i was being tricked,lol:)

Strange isn't it!?

I've got rid of 2 clothes sizes and had to buy some new ones etc.

Don't get me wrong, I've stood in the changing rooms grinning that i'm in a smaller size but then sit and home and feel crappy and fatty!!

Anyway....I have to enjoy the new me, only another wk on TFR, then refeeding before Dublin (think I need time to prepare for all the black stuff!).

yep i know this feeling too, ive now lost 72lb come from a 28 to about an 18 but still cant bring myself to look at a slimmer me, yes i know the lbs have gone but my head is still looking at the size 28 i went into Yours (clothes shop) and started at the size 30 end then realised what i was doing, i too have kept something that is a 28 and tried it on and i can get both my arms inside it, which is a good feeling...
strange thing being human isnt it !!!!

I know the feeling too - Even now I am technically OK weight-wise when I look in the mirror I still see a fat bloke. When I look at recent photos I see someone who looks OK, but I don't see me. It's weird, but I think a lot of the problems with food are in our heads, and for years I've been a fat person. It will take time for me to get to know this new slimmer person.

Take the compliments you get, look at photos and try to see the amazing thing you've achieved! You should be very proud of yourself! Don't take your eye off your eventual goal either, and start to think about how you're going to handle food when the time comes. Start to discuss it with your pharmacist and your friends on here, and also read and learn as much as you can about it. Reaching your goal is only the beginning of the rest of your life - not the end of anything.

Try to keep thinking of the positive!! Lots of luck, and well done on your 50lbs off.

Jon
xx

Deflating -
Mike!! Hello you, how are you doing??
Thanks for the congrats - taken a while but getting there!

Dunlop -
Jon, thank you so, so much for your message.
It really struck a chord and I think you are right.
You have done amazingly and such a HUGE difference - truly inspirational.
I am terrified of eating and gaining it all again and I don't help myself by having binge breaks every so often either.

Off to Ireland at the end of the month - Guinness drinking will soon PILE it on!!

But then I'm prepared to accept it and know it's not 'normal'.

Thanks again - appreciate your comments x

Back