I've turned into DIETZILLA

Soraya

Silver Member
OK so I lost the weight, went on my hols, put some on and have struggled to lose it. Have found out today that a lot of the blame lies at the door of Coke Zero. I didn't know it could cause cravings - no wonder I never felt the ketosis comfort blanket!

I'm sharing an office for a bit with someone while we wait to move into open plan. I came in yesterday and there was an open packet of chocolate digestive biscuits in my office!!! I vput them somewhere else and asked him to eat them there. He gave me a funny look but agreed. At lunch time he ate elsewhere too.

Was telling my DH about the torture last night when he said it wasn't the other guy, it was ME!!

I apologised today and said it was only for a few weeks more if he wouldn't mind bearing with me. Thought I was OK until he asked if that meant he could bring the biccies back into the office in a few weeks and I said NO!!

Is this irrational behaviour?:) He's new poor soul, I think he's decided to humour me on the grounds that I'm insane!

Oh dear, I often have Coke Zero but I can't say that it feels like I have come off any worse by having it. It is my only little treat so the thought of not having it is not a pleasant one :(

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking colleagues for support, mine are always quite considerate BUT I think it depends on who you work for. I have worked in places where that would be seen as bullying and would get you in strife ! So as long as you don't work in one of those places !:D But if its more laid back then people are more likely to try to help you even if they think you have gone bonkers !:)

You could always check back with the new colleague and explain how hard you are trying and does he still feel ok about it ?

But you are right to enlist support, this is hard enough isn't it ?

LOL!! you poor thing!! I'm sure he has had girlfiends or his mum dieting, so he SHOULD understand. If you were packing in smoking only a total git would leave fags about & smoke in front of you. WTG on not giving in!!xxxx
xxxsharon

Why should it be any different with food....

Because everyone has to eat. And sure, they don't have to eat chocolate biscuits, but it's not up to us to tell them that.

I'm sorry to be the voice of dissent here, but it's not his responsibility to keep food away from you. Yes, it's nice if he doesn't mind being supportive but there are limits.

Obviously it's cool, he seems okay with it, but I'm a bit concerned at the responses you've had. It's certainly okay to ask if he minds not eating the biccies in front of you, but then the ball is in his court - it's his place of work too. If he eats chocolate biscuits in his own office that does not make him a 'total git'.

Curious about your references to Coke Zero. Is it ok to drink whilst on a VLCD? Does it affect ketosis at all?

I really miss my fizz!

Sorry Soraya but I agree with Kate. Its not fair to other people to tell them they can't eat where they want to just because we're on a diet! I know how hard it is because the girl I sit next to has been scoffing crisps and chocolate all day but thats fine its up to her what she eats

Have to say that I agree, too. Work colleagues must be free to eat whatever they choose to. Makes dieting tougher but then dieting is a personal choice.

Hi Everyone, It wasn't meant to be taken seriously! The blokes at my work think I'm mad (they don't know I'm on CD) for my not eating and make a point of leaving crisps etc lying about to tempt me and I usually just call them names.

I double checked with him that he didn't think I was insane and that obviously he can eat what he wants! He says it's obvious that I'm quite mad and not to worry about it!

I thought I was just sharing the funny side of how obsessed you can get.

Ah!

Thank you for clarifying - lol.

Choc digestives... mmmmm.

Hey Soraya, no worries. My post was directed more towards some of the comments you've had from other posters rather than your OP.

I did find the OP amusing - we do take leave of our senses a little when we're on a diet! It's probably partly what keeps us on track :D

Back