iveabigask's Diary

When do you go on hols? I'm having the same quandary - can't decide between LL Lite or just kind of going it alone Atkins style... or if I sort myself out there's a slim chance I might be starting RTM but whatever I decide I'm terrified of getting it wrong. I don't want to be 100% abstinent on my holiday - I've decided that much at least :s

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know how you feel Zak! If I thought I could stick to Atkins then I'd do it! But I'm still not responsible enough yet.
I think I will have 3 food packs per day and one meal in the evening.
I was away last weekend and made a pig of myself!!

Well done Ivea, I'm so glad you're in a better place mentally :) Just go and read over the last week's of journal entries though, to remind yourself the type of thinking that got you into a little blip in the first place. Maybe you can assess and approach a similar situation with a little more caution in the future, though from what I gathered, it was both a bit of a deprivation combined with a little peer pressure from your friend and perhaps her lasagne! Other people influence our behaviour in more ways that we can perceive - I've heard of stories where people felt pressure to break abstinence because their mums guilted them, or friends whined, or some such nonsense.

As for food on holiday, I would suggest Lite. Atkins would be too difficult to get your head around in such a short amount of time - plus you can't eat much salad/vegetables... or at least you couldn't on the old plan.
Having 3 packs and a small protein based salad would still keep you in the right mental place (hopefully), plus it's easier to follow than worrying about 3 seperate meals instead of just 1.

But, I can't say I enjoyed my holiday when I followed Lite 100%. It was extremely difficult, because I was outside of my comfortable 'home' space in which I had set routines and habits. When we're elsewhere, there are no habits and routines we can reflect on as we're in a foreign setting, so all rituals of the diet are essentially gone. There are no boundaries that exist back home (i.e. we may have put a mental block not to look in a certain cupboard because our OH stores his 'goodies' in there) - so all foods are essentially up for grabs and we feel MORE deprived when we can't have them!
In this way, I'd say, go enjoy your holiday, don't go overboard (i.e. no cake/chocolate), but make sensible decisions, and set a date when you get back to get back on plan, call your LLC and dive back in. Many have done this and so can you! :D

Aw min , you always give such great advice!!!
So I'm feeling great!! All going well I should have another 4 lbs gone this week!!
My clothes are all starting to fit me again and the others are so big I can't wear them hurrray!!
The main aim is to be 11 stone for my birthday at the end of august, and at this rate I will easily do it. I guess my blip wasn't too catastrophic but I wouldn't risk it again. I felt so bad afterwards.
You're right about the hols min, I should still to lite when I'm away. I may not drink either. From being off it for the last 2 months I don't miss it at all!!!

I hope you all have an amazing day

Love

Ask xxxxxx

Good morning darlings!!

Well it's way in Day and I'm feeling surprisingly confident!! Need to stop weighing myself but it hasn't been wrong yet!! Yet again I'm wearing clothes that never fit before!! A lovely new cream suit that's been sitting in the wardrobe for over a year just waiting to get a day out lol

This is defo the best thing I've ever done. The only difficulty is that I feel dreadfully narky in the evenings and it takes me hours to relax and get asleep. Has anyone else found this!?

Anyway I better run off to work.

Laterzzz

Ask xxxx

Hi there, Ask. Sounds like you're doing really well! I can't advise re holiday eating as I found it easier to stick to 100% abstinence when I was on LLT - didn't even eat over Christmas, which was tough but the right choice for me at the time. I know others have been able to get back on track though. It all depends on your frame of mind!

Your cream suit sounds lovely btw. I recently splashed out on a gorgeous seventies white suit but haven't dared wear it yet because the sales assistant asked me if it was for a wedding! I was a bit embarrassed to admit it was just for every day. I think it's fab so why do I still worry about other people's opinions? Doh!

Good luck on getting to 11 stone! This diet is fab!!

Down 7lbs yippee!!!!

Amazing, well done you must be so pleased xx

Lovely! Well done xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

I'm delighted!! I could feel it though!
It's all worh it when you feel it in your clothes. Can't believe its 7lbs off!!!
So that's 33 gone 46 to go!!!

Iveabigask said:
I'm delighted!! I could feel it though!
It's all worh it when you feel it in your clothes. Can't believe its 7lbs off!!!
So that's 33 gone 46 to go!!!

Fabulous, soon be at the half way point, it flies after that' xx

:clap::clap::clap::clap::happy096::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Oh well done that woman ! Get in there with bells on!

Can you believe it Clara!!!! I just hope I don't slow down now. Would love to be 13.7 going away and I've got 4 weeks to do it!!! I'm 14.5 now??? You never know, a miracle might happen and I'll do it lol!!!!!

Amazing loss Ask!! 7lbs!!

Stay in the zone you can easily reach that target in 4 weeks before your holiday. xx

Miracles do happen, its only the impossible that takes longer lol

Hoping for that when I weigh this week x

Evening all,

Feeling a bit wobbly in myself this evening for some reason? Kinda tired and sick!?? My sense of smell has developed and strong smells are making me sick? There's a girl sitting beside me with a suede bag and Jesus the smell of it is killing me!!!!!!

So hoping to just take it easy tonight and relax, still excited over my loss yesterday wooooohooooo just need to make sure I don't fall off the wagon now!!

You've done really well this week Hun. Keep strong. Xxxxx

well done on ur weightloss this week hun.... fantastic!!! u must be chuffed x

Back