Jacket potato fillings

Mine is actually really simple, and free on a green day and enhanced for an EE day! Passed down the generations in my family...

1.Microwave a baking potato until cooked.
2.Grate 28g of cheese (or more if you're doing low fat cheese) as a HexA
3. Cut the potato in half and scoop out the potato from the skins
4. Mix the potato in with the cheese, so the cheese melts into the potato.
5. Add worcester sauce if you like to flavour (best bit IMO).
6. If doing an EE day, also add a few slices of wafer thin ham (chopped up small), if not, don't add the ham.
7. Spoon the mixture back into the skins and smooth the tops.
8. To help the cheese melt into the potato, zap in the microwave for 30 secs.

xxx

ntil cooked.

i put sainsburys fat free egg mayo in mine.

i love them with chilli con carne in, made with quorn mince & sw tomato sauce then its free, also bolognase made in the same way, baked beans & cheese (HEA), tuna.
tesco cottage cheese with pineapple in or curry made with quorn pieces. x

ooo I just made one, had a HUGE potatoe, scopped out the stuff and mixed it with some roasted courgettes and peppers and put it back in the skins and added some cottage cheese- and had with lettece and cucumber

:eat:

I make egg and mash it up with a laughing cow, it is yum. I also love chillie with it x

Great thread, i am certainly bored with the beans and cheese i tend to always have, so i now have some more ideas! they all sound yummy!

ooo I just made one, had a HUGE potatoe, scopped out the stuff and mixed it with some roasted courgettes and peppers and put it back in the skins and added some cottage cheese- and had with lettece and cucumber

:eat:

hmm delicious, i think i will give that one a go.

hard boiled? Really fancy an egg mayo butty but after the weekend I'm a tad low on syns lol

Yeah i normally hard boil 2 eggs then mix them up with 2 laughing cow light. It is fabby.

Yeah i normally hard boil 2 eggs then mix them up with 2 laughing cow light. It is fabby.

Yummy! My 2 yr old loves hard boiled eggs and cheese so I've just found what I'm putting in her sarnie tomorrow! Thanks!

I chop a hardboiled egg through half of a big tubn of cottage cheese. Lovely...and seems to make the CC very cheesy tasting.

I'm not a great lover of jackets.but I had this one today.
Put potato in microwave until tender,scoop out inside, mash, and mix with HEa grated mozzarella,2 rashers cooked bacon(chopped) and 2 chopped spring onions.Put into the potato skins and put in oven until golden and skin crispy.I'm now a convert.Enjoy

Back