Jade's Christmas Countdown . .

jadelois

Have been on slimming world on and off for about 6 weeks, don't seem to be able to eat without restriction and remain focused so one little bit has spiralled into a binge etc etc etc so I have decided to try Atkins. Had some success with low carb 7 years ago now but left the lifestyle and it all went back on.
Decided with a little over 8 weeks before Christmas that I would try to pick back up where I left off back in 2004 before it all went downhill!

Today I have eaten:
Breakfast: Protein Shake
Lunch: Turkey with lettuce, cucumber and red cabbage
Dinner: Half a Doner Kebabs worth of meat with salad and garlic mayonaise
Snacks: Red Pepper with FF Cream Cheese and a "meat" sausage.

I know the Kebab meat isnt the greatest idea but I certainly won't do it often, my friends went out for tea and it seemed like the safest meat option at the takeaway.

One question I have though is are Protein Shakes ok for breakfast? I work early shifts 4 days a week and I struggle to find the time to cook before work, cold eggs just dont do it for me. The other days of the week when I am in late though it will be most likely egg based breakfasts.

Hey hun, am only on day 2 so can't really answer your question about protien shakes although would love an answer on that too as I'm already struggling with breakfast and appetite! Goodluck tho hunny!!! Do you have much to lose? Xxx

Hey, Im on the same day :)
Yeah got a fair whack to lose, prob be content with 6 stone off (84lb) but ideally looking to get to 150lb. Anythings a bonus though to be honest! You?

I think atkins would be good for you then, as you drop lots of weight quick with atkins, just make sure you do all the stages!
It won't be long hun and you will be seeing results !! :D
Iv gone from 14st4 to 12st8 on weight watchers and then got bored!
I weighed myself tonight and iv lost 4lbs, after only 2days on atkins(mostly water I think,can't stop weeing) lol
I'd say I probably have another stone to go but before I got to 14.4st I'd never really weighed myself, so whenever I feel I look right ill stop trying to lose I guess :)
Goodluck!! Xx

Good luck Jade, Atkins is a fab diet/way of eating im sure you wont be disappointed!

Hi Jade good luck I am sure you will do well I'm fairly new so not sure re the shakes but am sure the more experienced losers will be able to help you.

Have been on slimming world on and off for about 6 weeks, don't seem to be able to eat without restriction and remain focused so one little bit has spiralled into a binge etc etc etc so I have decided to try Atkins. Had some success with low carb 7 years ago now but left the lifestyle and it all went back on.
Decided with a little over 8 weeks before Christmas that I would try to pick back up where I left off back in 2004 before it all went downhill!

Today I have eaten:
Breakfast: Protein Shake
Lunch: Turkey with lettuce, cucumber and red cabbage
Dinner: Half a Doner Kebabs worth of meat with salad and garlic mayonaise
Snacks: Red Pepper with FF Cream Cheese and a "meat" sausage.

I know the Kebab meat isnt the greatest idea but I certainly won't do it often, my friends went out for tea and it seemed like the safest meat option at the takeaway.

One question I have though is are Protein Shakes ok for breakfast? I work early shifts 4 days a week and I struggle to find the time to cook before work, cold eggs just dont do it for me. The other days of the week when I am in late though it will be most likely egg based breakfasts.

I'd say be careful of the carbs in the garlic mayonnaise, particularly if it was from a takeaway and you can't check the bottle.

for breakfast I have mainly had one of the following: Bacon, Eggs, Sausages, Cheese selection, Salami...tried my first Atkins 'Daybreak' 'cereal' bar today and it was really nice, but some people find it stalls them, and they aren't cheap.

Thanks everyone =)

Yeah ideally im going to stay away from the shakes where possible but they do seem to tide me over till lunch so if I don't have the time then I guess its better than the biscuit tin in a mad state of hunger at work :p

Today I had:

B: Protein Shake
L: Tuna Mayo Salad (but could check the package on this, 0.3g per tablespoon of Mayo)
D: Pork Steak, Wilted Spinach and Broccoli with melted cream cheese and Mushrooms in garlic oil
Snacks: Mini Pepperami and a cheesestring

Looking forward to the works for breakfast tommo, got some low carb sausages, bacon, fried egg and mushrooms =)

Well day 4 is over. Feel like I'm not getting enough fibre so had ago at the MIMs today, had that for tea since i got in so late. Went for a power walk after work though so thats been good!

B: 2 Fried Eggs
L: Smoked sausage salad with curly kale and spinach, plus a tablespoon of dressing. SF Jelly.
D: Sweet MIM with butter and a dollop of low carb PB

Snacks: Pepperami and a chunk of Cathedral City

Hey hun, u sound like ur doing fab so far, wouldn't worry about the shakes too much, u should stil lose a decent amount of weight, afterall atkins is one of the strictest low carbs around n people still lose on higher carb amounts, bt ur doing well, I just wondered though, how many carbs are in your shakes? Iv looked everywhere for atkins shakes, and cnt seem to find them! The lowest carb amount in a protien shake was 13g for 330ml! And that's from holland and barrett!I had one for lunch as I knew otherwise I'd cheat! I felt like I couldn't eat another egg though lol so seemed better than a big fat stodgy piece of buttery toast :D so jus wondered the difference in carbs xxx

That seems high but then I guess they make it with milk! The Body Supreme one (from Asda) is 2.2g per 30g serving and then made up with water so thats the total carbs at a guess, doesnt taste fantastic but then i guess Nesquik with water would taste pretty off too, its not horrendous and certainly as stomach-able if not more-so than eggs for me everyday.

Glad to see youre still doing well too! Im over all the headaches etc but prob not in full ketosis yet as my muscles were throbbing after the power walk and when i was eating carbs that wasnt ever a problem =)

That seems high but then I guess they make it with milk! The Body Supreme one (from Asda) is 2.2g per 30g serving and then made up with water so thats the total carbs at a guess, doesnt taste fantastic but then i guess Nesquik with water would taste pretty off too, its not horrendous and certainly as stomach-able if not more-so than eggs for me everyday.

Glad to see youre still doing well too! Im over all the headaches etc but prob not in full ketosis yet as my muscles were throbbing after the power walk and when i was eating carbs that wasnt ever a problem =)

Glad to see you are too!!! Infact I'm realy enjoying it!not hungry,full of energy! And I went out for my meal last night and didn't cheat, I had shrimp (peeled the batter off) lol and griled chicken with lettuce! Never thought I'd be able to not cheat!!! Iv had all the ketosis symptoms since monday evening, my breath just smells so bad lol, glad I'm single!! Constantly chewing gum lol!! I havent done any exercise yet : / naughty I kno but iv been working all day everyday and don't think I could face it yet lol! What you having to eat today?? X

Yeah i'm not finding it as much torture as I thought I would! I think my mini target more than weight loss at this moment in time is to not have eaten chocolate for 21 days (the apparent time it takes to break a habit) so just 16 days to go on that one!
Its nice to have some support too, I was a bit scared that without going to class i wouldnt stick to it but I have plenty of reasons to stay on track and maybe some willpower has decided to surface in me =)

Today for breakfast I think i'm having Sausage and Egg, lunch is going to be some form of meat and salad and not sure about dinner yet, I don't finish work until 8pm so by the time I get home it might be "chucky" egg or something else egg inspired, maybe spinach frittata. What about you?

Glad your not finding it too difficult! I luckily haven't craved anything!!! When are you geting weighed? Today I have eaten pepperomi for breakfast, donner meat for lunch( I no that's rather bad, but its hard to find food at work!and I'm off for my 2nd week of induction so I'm going to be very good!) And I'm having a couple of low carb sausages for tea :) xxx

Hi Jade and Blossom great to hear you're both doing so well and enjoying Atkins. Interesting to read about the shakes as I wondered about them but they seem so expensive so I stick with eggs, eggs and more eggs!
You definitely get over your choccie cravings too so stick with it!
x

Hey Flutter, yeah I guess the price for 1kg is pretty steep although you can get it off the net for about £11. Each serving is only 30g so you get 30 servings which works out at 35p-ish per serving, so probably not much different to the price of eggs and if I know i'm stuck for dinner options then i tend to save eggs for that :)

Blossom, i'm getting weighed on Monday cause thats going to be 7 days, not been on the scales yet so hoping its started to kick in by now!

Todays menu was:

B: 2 LC Sausages and some hard boiled egg, mashed with butter
L: Mountain of spinach and Kale with some spicy cheese and pepperoni, followed by Jelly
D: Some kebab meat again, not having any next week now, thats it for being naughty but went straight to a friends so couldnt make anything proper.

Snacks: Small amount of cheese

So much for being naughty, I feel like a big fat pig after today!

B: None (Got up too late)
L: 2 Double Cheeseburgers (minus bread and gherkins)
D: Egg Foo Young with Chicken

Snacks: 2 pots of Jelly

Sooo no veggies today what-so-ever, I cant say i'm hungry but I feel like i've cheated. Ne'er mind though, back on the wagon tomorrow!

My new body for Christmas

I have set a big target for Christmas and I hope i can maintain it , i'v started very well but i have a long journey . Here's to christmas !!

Good luck Marney! We're all in the same boat and so far this place has been an absolute lifeline!

Had my weigh-in this morning, technically didn't start until Monday so it's only been 6 days and i'm down 8lbs!

Soo soo chuffed with that =) Going to celebrate with a fry-up!

Back