Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atomic pink said:
Very true moonwalker.

I find the best solution to the washing/ clearing up problem is to find a partner who is just as interested in the eating exciting things but is useless at cooking ;)

Haha..I like it ;0)

Haha, sure Mrs G! And thanks Daisy! :)

Day 7 (19/90)weeklies remaining!

Breakfast: Apple, 1/2 tin spaghetti in tomato sauce (embracing the student lifestyle already, lol!)
Morning: Slice of ham (was quick and easy to grab while busy making lunch :p)
Lunch: Chicken/Salmon filo pastry parcels (3) (was full after one but wanted to try one of each :p) filled with garlic cheese (2) served with asparagus, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and cheese sauce (3) (also made a thousand isles dressing with the new potatoes but didn't fancy any potatoes at the time :p)
Dessert: Banana, Kiwi, Strawberries, Grapes, Pineapple, Pear with a coconut macaroon (2) (delish!)
Dinner: Frube yog (1), 1 slice wholemeal seeded bread, Crumpet (not had one in aaages!), Clementine
Supper: Soya yoghurt, mixed nuts/sultanas
Drinks: Water, 2 cans coke zero

Exercise: Done some basic strength exercises, not much at all though, been lazy! :p

Last edited:
They're pretty versatile so you can put pretty much anything you want in them :)

Filo Purses or Parcels*Pastry - Pastry Techniques I brushed mine with egg white instead of melted butter though and it worked just as well :)

I used salmon fillets/chicken breasts with some soft-cheese and added some salt/pepper to season and some herbs, cut the pastry into squares, brushed with egg white, layered as shown above, put the filling in and gathered the edges then glazed with egg white before baking for 25mins but as I said, anything would work well in them! Tomorrow I'm going to use the leftover pastry and make cheesy mash parcel things, yum :p

Basically, anything you'd put in a pie work work well in them :)

Cheese/ham/proteins/potatoes

I want to try spinach + ricotta parcels, brie + cranberry parcels, tomato + feta parcels, minced beef parcels!

Ohh the Dili pastry parcels sounds lovely and something that could be made up
In batch. Just checked and 1pp per sheet or 7pp for 100g so not scarily high in points x

Haha, sure Mrs G! And thanks Daisy! :)

Day 7 (19/90)weeklies remaining!

Breakfast: Apple, 1/2 tin spaghetti in tomato sauce (embracing the student lifestyle already, lol!)
Morning: Slice of ham (was quick and easy to grab while busy making lunch :p)
Lunch: Chicken/Salmon filo pastry parcels (3) (was full after one but wanted to try one of each :p) filled with garlic cheese (2) served with asparagus, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and cheese sauce (3) (also made a thousand isles dressing with the new potatoes but didn't fancy any potatoes at the time :p)
Dessert: Banana, Kiwi, Strawberries, Grapes, Pineapple, Pear with a coconut macaroon (2) (delish!)
Dinner: Frube yog (1), 1 slice wholemeal seeded bread, Crumpet (not had one in aaages!), Clementine
Supper: Soya yoghurt, mixed nuts/sultanas (4)
Drinks: Water, 2 cans coke zero

Exercise: Done some basic strength exercises, not much at all though, been lazy! :p

Ate supper although I wasn't too hungry, had nuts to use up some weeklies as today is the last day of the week and I didn't wanna eat junk just for the sake of it :) didn't WI today, completely forgot, oopsie! Want to try and get back to around 8stone though so going to aim to use all of my weeklies next week! That being said, a lot of my weeklies were used on things like dried fruit/nuts/cheese which is probably a good thing ^^

Last edited:
Ate supper although I wasn't too hungry, had nuts to use up some weeklies as today is the last day of the week and I didn't wanna eat junk just for the sake of it :) didn't WI today, completely forgot, oopsie! Want to try and get back to around 8stone though so going to aim to use all of my weeklies next week! That being said, a lot of my weeklies were used on things like dried fruit/nuts/cheese which is probably a good thing ^^
That's the way they are intended to be used chic so very well done.. xx

Hey Libby just catching up on diaries.

LOVING the London theme table plan for the wedding you have done a great job it looks brilliant.
That meal you cooked sounds great and so delicious we'll done.

Mega proud of you for the amount of weeklies you have used this week great effort well done chick xxx

Hi Libby,

I'm just catching up with your diary now, hadn't kept on top of my own, but that's sorted now.

Wow, haven't you been a busy little lady?? I LOVE the table plans, fantastic idea & well thought out. Never mind about missing exercise, I'm sure with your studies & running around doing wedding tasks, those alone will more than occupy your time.
I'm glad to see you have produced some amazing dishes. well done! I love to cook, I find it very therapeutic. I get a great deal of satisfaction when I have produced a dish & everyone enjoys it. It's escapism for me. I can throw myself into cooking & forget about everything else.
I'm glad to see you are eating more, not only is it healthier, but gives you more energy to deal with everything that's going on in your life right now.
I'm proud of you & what you have achieved, big hugs (((()))) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back