Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubchick81 said:
Erm.. I need to know more about Kola Kube Vodka???

Put kola Kubes into a bottle, fill with vodka and shake morning and night until dissolved. Easy peasy!!

Hazykay said:
Put kola Kubes into a bottle, fill with vodka and shake morning and night until dissolved. Easy peasy!!

Yum, I didn't even realise you could still buy cola cubes. Must be getting old.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Baking presents for christmas sounds like an excellent idea. I did all my family an assortment of brownies one year when I had got a box of different flavoured green and blacks chocolate as a free gift with something and they were very very popular. I have never actually made shortbread but always end up ideas of ideas for flavouring it so I reckon I should probably give it a go. I will think that a jammy dodger-type thing made with shortbread and blackcurrant jam would be a thing of culinary beauty!

Kola cube vodka sounds very intriguing, although I orginally read it as "Koala cube vodka" which sounded even more interesting! I don't have a good record with flavoured vodkas. One of my friends makes jelly baby vodka, he made a totally green one a few years ago and I drank jelly bean vodka and absinthe cocktails for most of the night... I was not well. It is now named "The Night Of The Green Death".

That's very good of you. To make presents. I would love to but not very creative although am thinking I could make a hamper for each of the parents but would g even know where to start with buying a hamper let alone anything else!!!

Mrsm79 said:
Yum, I didn't even realise you could still buy cola cubes. Must be getting old.

Haha, they are still around, we have an old fashioned sweetie shop near us that has everything I remember from my childhood

Atomic pink said:
Baking presents for christmas sounds like an excellent idea. I did all my family an assortment of brownies one year when I had got a box of different flavoured green and blacks chocolate as a free gift with something and they were very very popular. I have never actually made shortbread but always end up ideas of ideas for flavouring it so I reckon I should probably give it a go. I will think that a jammy dodger-type thing made with shortbread and blackcurrant jam would be a thing of culinary beauty!

Kola cube vodka sounds very intriguing, although I orginally read it as "Koala cube vodka" which sounded even more interesting! I don't have a good record with flavoured vodkas. One of my friends makes jelly baby vodka, he made a totally green one a few years ago and I drank jelly bean vodka and absinthe cocktails for most of the night... I was not well. It is now named "The Night Of The Green Death".

In Scotland we have a biscuit called an Empire biscuit. It's like 2 shortbread/shortcake rounds, one on top of the other with jam in the middle, and a white icing on top. A jelly tot or sprinkles finishes it off and they are lovely x

mrsgosling3 said:
That's very good of you. To make presents. I would love to but not very creative although am thinking I could make a hamper for each of the parents but would g even know where to start with buying a hamper let alone anything else!!!

Ikea is ideal for kilner jars, biscuit jars, bottles with stoppers and baskets etc. it's where I got all my stuff :)

Dubchick81 said:
Am so making that...
OK onto vodka jelly shots... Do I just use vodka instead of water or how do I make that???????

Once you have melted the jelly with hot water, let it cool but not set and add vodka.
One of my favourites is Jack Daniels & cola. You can use gelatine & diet cola, the only points in it is from the Jack Daniels :-D

Sorry Libby, we've taken over your diary with alcohol recipes!!

Hazykay said:
Haha, they are still around, we have an old fashioned sweetie shop near us that has everything I remember from my childhood

I want to open an old fashioned sweet shop. I love sweets. :)

Hazykay - I am liking the sound of those biscuits. Minus the icing though for me.

Libby - I must have missed where you explained the new "portion" idea rather than counting, but glad its working well for you so far :)

Last edited:
Atomic pink said:
Hazykay - I am liking the sound of those biscuits. Minus the icing though for me.

Libby - I must have missed where you explained the new "portion" idea rather than counting, but glad its working well for you so far :)

Replace filling with chocolate spread & top with melted chocolate :-D

I made a choc chip shortbread dough last night so will roll that out and bake it later :) Succumbed to the temptation of a cake bar in philosophy, don't regret it though, was delicious! and the 'portion idea' is pretty self-explanatory tbh :)

Fruit/veg: 4/5
Dairy: 2/2
Fats/Oils: 1/1
Protein: 2/2
Carbs: 4/4
Treats: 2/2
Healthy Snacks: 2/2

Today:

Golden syrup porridge, Apple, Ryvita fruit crunch
Cheese and ham panini
Galaxy mistletoe kiss cake bar
Orange
Yoghurt
Shepherd's pie: Lean mince, Gravy, Mashed potatoes,Cheese, Mixed veg
Frosties cereal bar
Cranberry porridge

Last edited:
Ah, didn't know if it was maybe more complicated than it sounds but I think even on a friday I can probably get my head around that ;)

Chocolate filled, chocolated coated shortbread??? Are we sure this is a weight loss forum??? :)

Atomic pink said:
Ah, didn't know if it was maybe more complicated than it sounds but I think even on a friday I can probably get my head around that ;)

Chocolate filled, chocolated coated shortbread??? Are we sure this is a weight loss forum??? :)

Hahaha, that's probably why I'm in this mess!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back