Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy your weekend, you can relax a bit and forget studying/homework for a few days :)
I know what you mean about the KFC. Its just not the same reheated :-( xxx

Have a fab night n your Christmas night and make sure to let loose, dance and enjoy yourself - well earned!!! x

Thanks Sorcha! :) Not sure it'll be that kind of party, probably just sitting round chatting lol, don't imagine they'll be a big turnout tbh, it's with the people I did national citizen service with in Summer :) xx

So much for a lay in! Was made to get up and do the hoovering and washing up, psshh. Ah well :)

Breakfast: OSS made with water

Lunch: Ham sandwich on best of both bread

Dinner: Minestrone soup

Fruit: Banana, Pear, Clementine, Pineapple

Treats: Kinder hippo, Milkyway, 2 Advent chocs, 2 Jaffa cakes, 2 choc chip biscuits, Choc fudge cake bar, Choc cereal bar

Healthy Snacks: BGTY Rice cake with ex. light philly, Weetabix oat bar, Frube, Strawberry granola with SS milk

Exercise: 45mins aerobics workout on JD

Drinks: Water, NAS Squash

Last edited:
Pppfft, most unfair to get you up on your first day of holiday to do washing up and hoovering!

If you like KFC have you have tried making southern baked chicken yourself? Its scrumptious and really easy and I actually prefer it than the fast food versions as you get the yummy coating on the actual chicken rather than the horrible flabby soft sking (which is horrible).

Enjoy your christmas party and try not to do too much homework and study this weekend :)

I've never tried it, I've tried Iceland's version of southern fried chicken from the freezer and it was horrible! xx Have you got a recipe? :)

I've had quite a chilled weekend, not done much today at all, 1 maths paper and a couple of psych questions :)

My step-dad's sister and her husband are here, always nice to see them, they're all going out for a meal, would rather go out to eat than go this party but ah well :p

I am sure the party will be better than you are expecting it to be.

Don't really need a recipe as much - its pretty adaptable. I usually use skinless, boneless chicken thighs but you can do it with a chicken breast too, it just takes about 20 minutes to cook then rather than 45. Beat an egg and dip the chicken pieces in then coat with some breadcrumbs that you have seasoned with paprika or cajun spice (I use a smoked BBQ blend from sainsburys usually) and bake in the oven at about 190 degrees for about 45 minutes. You can use any breadcrumbs but I tend to use a mixture of polenta and panko breadcrumbs but I have used breadcrumbs made from random pitta breads before.

I've made a lovely chicken dinner before by mixing honey and mustard together, then dipping a chicken breast in it and then coated it in crushed cornflakes. It was lovely.xxx

Morning ladies! My Christmas leggings arrived, woo!

apparently I'm making dinner at my Nan's for everybody today, nice to be asked, haha - not really in the mood so will probably just do cottage pie or something

Breakfast: 1 slice best of both toast

Lunch: Cottage pie (ex. lean mince, cheese, gravy, mashed potatoes made with SS milk), Peas, Green beans, Honey roasted carrots

Dinner: Golden syrup OSS made with water, Ham sandwich on tiger bread with flora light

Healthy Snacks: Activia yog, Apple, Banana, Clementine

IT'S CHRISTMAS!: Party sized ice cream cone, small taste of choc/coffee cake, Advent choc, Kinder hippo, 1/2 cookie

Drinks: Water, Coke zero, Diet lemonade

Exercise: 25mins aerobics on JD, 20mins low-intensity JD, 15mins yoga/str on Wii Fit

Last edited:
What are these christmas leggings of which you speak??

The furthest I have got is two pairs of festive pants! One is rather cute though with sparkly penguins in santa hats.

I have just realised I have described my underwear on a public forum... Ah well ;)

Hope your day goes well and cooking for everyone is well appreciated and quick.

They just have a reindeer print on, the same kind which are on jumpers, I'll take a pic later!

I have polar bear and penguin underwear too :p I forced Mum to buy me a santa hat when she was shopping earlier :p

Everyone gave me a hand with dinner which is always nice, my step-dad mashed the potatoes and my Nan cut up the carrots etc ;) I made my uncle a coffee + chocolate birthday cake too, i wasn't too keen but then I hate coffee ;p Everyone else seemed to enjoy it though! Gonna stay at my Grandad's tonight so I can help my Nan with the housework tomorrow morning tho :)

edit: http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii350/spartik/reindeerleggings_zpsc1b40882.png tadaa :) Just finished sorting out my Grandad's paperwork (3hrs worth, why are men so unorganised, lol!) and my Nan wrap the last few presents =)

Logged onto my Grandad's wii fit to see "You have lost 1st 12lbs since last time" made me feel a bit better about the rubbish i've eaten this week :p

Last edited:
Lol it wasn't me it was Hazel who mentioned it. Im going to make it today too I think - looks amazing :) xx

Haha yep it was me. It doesn't really have a fudge like texture as its more crumblier. Worth making though :)

Thank you all! xx Had a lovely day, agree with the crumbliness of the fudge but was a last-minute life-saver, tastes great too! :) I probably won't be around tomorrow so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you an amazing Christmas and a very happy new year and what a year this one's been! Dropped 4 dress sizes, reached my goal weight and have completely transformed my lifestyle! xx But it wouldn't have been possible without all your fantastic support so I can't thank you all enough xx I couldn't ask for a better present than for all of you to have a great Christmas! May 2013 be full of much success, happiness, good health and for many of us, onwards and downwards, lol! Take care xxxxx

I've eaten enough rubbish today to feed a small country :$ Having tomorrow and boxing day off-plan and will WI afterwards to see what the damage is and decide what to do from there ;)

Last edited:
Well, yesterday I just stuffed myself like mad ;P Today's been a little bit more controlled, i've had an amazing Christmas tho :)

Breakfast: Golden syrup OSS, Activia yog

Fruit: 1 satsuma, Apple, Pear, Banana

Lunch: Jacket potato with flora light, 2 cheesy bites, 1 mozzarella finger, 1 slice roast beef

Dinner: Brown baguette with ham and flora light, 1 slice best of both bread, boiled egg, mixed veg

IT'S CHRISTMAS: 2 quality street, 2 choc fingers, 1/2 christmas tree choc, 1 thorntons choc, 1 celebration choc

and my aunt's amazing gingerbread house :)

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...x403/576329_10151121892751971_794660746_n.jpg

and afterwards.. http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/534427_10151137421491971_708414422_n.jpg :p

I didn't realise just how strong it would be.. LOL :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4s0tiLgOYc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back