Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food looks good, nice & healthy. I hope you have a good week xx

Thanks Hazel! You too! :)

Em, the portion thing is something I sort of just made up - it's just a way of ensuring that a) i eat enough and b) my diet is balanced without having to weigh food/count points/calories (ensuring I stick to realistic portion sizes which I'm usually pretty good at), so it's customisable (made up word!) tbh, for weight loss I'd probably just remove one of the portions of dairy, one of the portions of carbs and one of the healthy snacks but my current guidelines seem like a good amount for maintenance and I don't feel like I'm denying myself anything :)

Morning! :) Hope the Monday morning blues don't last too long (had the worst night's sleep ever and feeling absolutely rubbish now because of it... grrrr!)

Same here hun! only ended up getting just over 5 hours and shattered before the day even bloody starts *yawn*

7 lesson day as I had extra philosophy after school.. urgh :( Ready for bed already! Hope everyone else has a slightly more interesting day x Mum's making steak pie (really not too keen on sainsburys frozen pies tho), potatoes and veg for tea.. (edit: just stole some of the potatoes/veg with a soft boiled egg for tea, sorted :p)

Anyway:

Fruit/veg: 6/5
Carbs: 4/4
Protein: 2/2
Dairy: 2/2
Fats/oils: 1/1
Treats: 2/2
Healthy snacks: 2/2

B: Apple
M: Go ahead cherry slices
L: Carrot and coriander soup, Ham sandwich with margarine on brown bread
A: Satsuma
D: Soft boiled egg, new potatoes, giant serving of peas/mixed veg
P: Yogurt
E: Golden syrup porridge, Funsize milkyway
T: Plain yog with handful of nuts, cookies and cream kitkat

Last edited:
Jaly said:
7 lesson day as I had extra philosophy after school.. urgh :( Ready for bed already! Hope everyone else has a slightly more interesting day x Mum's making steak pie (really not too keen on sainsburys frozen pies tho), potatoes and veg for tea.. (edit: just stole some of the potatoes/veg with a soft boiled egg for tea, sorted :p)

Anyway:

Fruit/veg: 6/5
Carbs: 3/4
Protein: 2/2
Dairy: 1/2
Fats/oils: 1/1
Treats: 0/2
Healthy snacks: 1/2

B: Apple
M: Go ahead cherry slices
L: Carrot and coriander soup, Ham sandwich with margarine on brown bread
A: Satsuma
D: Soft boiled egg, new potatoes, giant serving of peas/mixed veg
P: Yogurt

Is an early night on the cards? It is for me, I was up at 5.30 this morning for work, same again tomorrow :-( I think the dark nights don't help either. I hope you get a better sleep tonight and wake up nice and refreshed raring to go. Sleep well xxx

Must have been a night for bad sleep as we went to bed early but I couldn't sleep and it was gone midnight when I did sleep and then I was awake at 5!!! Hope you sleep better tonight xxx

Yuk - a seven lesson day????? I had 5 lessons and that was enough for me today. Mind you three of them were Maths, so I was pretty 'math'd out' by 3.30! It may be controversial, but Yegads, why don't they 'do' the times table learning by repetition any more? I know it's boring and repetitive, but practically everyone I know who learnt them at school can instantly respond with the correct answer to any multiplication sum up to the 12s. Now we seem to have a generation where many of them don't even know their 10 times table. Rant over, and sorry for high-jacking your diary Libby!

7 lessons sounds like a lot!!!!!!

really like your colour coded thing, good idea!

Why had I not discovered cookies and cream kitkats sooner?! Mmm! Delicious!

Is an early night on the cards? It is for me, I was up at 5.30 this morning for work, same again tomorrow :-( I think the dark nights don't help either. I hope you get a better sleep tonight and wake up nice and refreshed raring to go. Sleep well xxx

Agreed! I had to walk home in the dark and it was raining :( Not so much an early night - was busy writing Christmas cards! :p Fresh sheets after a warm shower so, here's to a perfect night's sleep! Sorry to hear about such an early start though :(

Must have been a night for bad sleep as we went to bed early but I couldn't sleep and it was gone midnight when I did sleep and then I was awake at 5!!! Hope you sleep better tonight xxx

I know what you mean! I just couldn't fall asleep then kept waking up throughout the night :( hope you sleep better too!

Yuk - a seven lesson day????? I had 5 lessons and that was enough for me today. Mind you three of them were Maths, so I was pretty 'math'd out' by 3.30! It may be controversial, but Yegads, why don't they 'do' the times table learning by repetition any more? I know it's boring and repetitive, but practically everyone I know who learnt them at school can instantly respond with the correct answer to any multiplication sum up to the 12s. Now we seem to have a generation where many of them don't even know their 10 times table. Rant over, and sorry for high-jacking your diary Libby!

Haha, don't worry MW :) I learnt my times tables through board games if I'm honest, I had a multiplication dominoes which I insisted on playing all the time! Usually it wouldn't be 7 lessons, but I had an extra philosophy lesson after school!

Maths - Global (which ran into the whole of break, grr!) - Psych - Maths - Lunch - English - Philosophy x 2, *cry* - Monday's schedule.. do not like!

Wish I'd come up with this portion idea sooner - it's so stress-free and I know that if i havent used up all my portions then I probably haven't eaten enough without having to count cals/weigh anything :)

Night night ladies! xx

Last edited:
Haha, don't worry MW :) I learnt my times tables through board games if I'm honest, I had a multiplication dominoes which I insisted on playing all the time! Usually it wouldn't be 7 lessons, but I had an extra philosophy lesson after school!

Maths - Global (which ran into the whole of break, grr!) - Psych - Maths - Lunch - English - Philosophy x 2, *cry* - Monday's schedule.. do not like!

Wish I'd come up with this portion idea sooner - it's so stress-free and I know that if i havent used up all my portions then I probably haven't eaten enough without having to count cals/weigh anything :)

Night night ladies! xx

That really does seem a heavy day - especially on a Monday! :( Sorry if it seemed like I was having a 'go' at school/college pupils. I somehow assumed that you *would* know your tables! :) I just find it frustrating that they aren't used any more as a tool to give a basic maths grounding. It just seems to me that all the other stuff in Maths (technical term there!) is easier to tackle when you can instantly recall them! Oh well... apparently they stopped using them in the old fashioned way because it was demeaning to pupils to have to repeat them in a group... one 2 is 2, two 2s are 4, three 2s are 6 etc!

That really does seem a heavy day - especially on a Monday! :( Sorry if it seemed like I was having a 'go' at school/college pupils. I somehow assumed that you *would* know your tables! :) I just find it frustrating that they aren't used any more as a tool to give a basic maths grounding. It just seems to me that all the other stuff in Maths (technical term there!) is easier to tackle when you can instantly recall them! Oh well... apparently they stopped using them in the old fashioned way because it was demeaning to pupils to have to repeat them in a group... one 2 is 2, two 2s are 4, three 2s are 6 etc!

Haha, I didn't read it in that way, don't worry ;) I do know my tables (ish!) though for some reason I keep writing 3 cubed as being 9.. oopsie! My sister learnt her tables at school through having to sing an awful 'times table' song at the start and end of every Maths lesson, lol :p

My Mum has to go in hospital tomorrow to have some injections in her back as her op was unsuccessful :( Quite nervous for her though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back