Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehearsals were alright, it was run by a different lady who's a lot nicer.

After my nap I went and sat with my Nan for a few hours, she's feeling a lot better now but still has no appetite.

Tonight I just feel so depressed and upset though.. I feel like my life revolves around nothing but school and any test I do well in or any time I get a good grade, people just assume it's 'because i'm clever' and they can't begin to understand how much effort and time I actually put into my work :/ I feel as though nothing I do is appreciated and I spent so much time doing nothing but talking to my ex (long distance) which I regret so much now, right now I feel as if I just wasted 3 years of my life :/ Was triggered mainly by a comment from Mum "It's not my fault you chose to do nothing but sit at your PC" - I didn't spend so much time in my room doing homework because I wanted to, but because A*s don't just come from luck :/

Oh hunnie. Wish I was close enough to giv u a big squeeze. To be fair u do lotz around the house n ur mam needs to realise ur young n need to enjoy ur life n not do all u do. Uv lotz goin on with the panto n exams n ur granda hurting his foot n now ur nan... U need a few days of Libby time.
Ps I don't mean to be nasty towards ur mam. So pls don't take offence. Xxxx

Ah god girly - all that sounds like you really need to look after yourself. All your hard work will pay off so much but i know that doesn't make it easier when you're doing it. You are doing a fabulous job and it's very easy to let yourself be the worker/organiser. You should try to talk to your mam about how you're feeling. One person can only do so much. Mind yourself girl xxx

Talking to her is useless Sorcha, she doesn't listen! :(

Thank you ladies! Think I may just get away and go and stay with a friend for a few days just for a break after Christmas tbh ^^ *hugs* Means a lot :) I won't take any offence, don't worry!

I turned to comfort food this evening though, grr! Had a kitkat and a cookie, wasn't as if it was 'binge eating' or anything though as i took the time to enjoy them and still have the other 2 fingers of the kitkat in the fridge to eat tomorrow :)

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day hey? :) Have a lovely week ladies!

I'm not sure what 'snax' are, sorry hun :/

but from a quick google, if you're referring to the crisps, it's 4pp for all flavours of 'bobby's, 2pp for 'Tayto' and 1pp for 'Happy Snax' :)

In a much better mood this morning thank god :) A few of my lessons are cancelled today due to teachers being in meetings which means that I have to sit around school from 10 - 1:40, thinking I might just come home despite the fact it's a 30min walk tbh! Will see how cold it is, hehe.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what 'snax' are, sorry hun :/

but from a quick google, if you're referring to the crisps, it's 4pp for all flavours of 'bobby's, 2pp for 'Tayto' and 1pp for 'Happy Snax' :)

In a much better mood this morning thank god :) A few of my lessons are cancelled today due to teachers being in meetings which means that I have to sit around school from 10 - 1:40, thinking I might just come home despite the fact it's a 30min walk tbh! Will see how cold it is, hehe.

Oh yea just realised they're Tayto Snax n u don't have Tayto in the uk... Thanks doll xx

Rehearsals were alright, it was run by a different lady who's a lot nicer.

After my nap I went and sat with my Nan for a few hours, she's feeling a lot better now but still has no appetite.

Tonight I just feel so depressed and upset though.. I feel like my life revolves around nothing but school and any test I do well in or any time I get a good grade, people just assume it's 'because i'm clever' and they can't begin to understand how much effort and time I actually put into my work :/ I feel as though nothing I do is appreciated and I spent so much time doing nothing but talking to my ex (long distance) which I regret so much now, right now I feel as if I just wasted 3 years of my life :/ Was triggered mainly by a comment from Mum "It's not my fault you chose to do nothing but sit at your PC" - I didn't spend so much time in my room doing homework because I wanted to, but because A*s don't just come from luck :/

Awwwwww sweetie. What's this? I have a couple of days away from the forum and come back to find my little ray of sunshine is feeling sad! Seriously, I know it's nothing to do with me not being on here. :cool: There are many others on this forum who think an awful lot of you too, I know.

Putting my serious head on for a few minutes - not really advice - but some observations you can choose to ignore if you want...

It really sucks when you are one of the ones who work hard to achieve what you can, and others think it's 'luck' or because you're 'clever.' I see it all the time at work - the 'under performers' get the help and support and the ones who do well... well it almost becomes expected of them, and perhaps doesn't get commented on as much as it deserves....... however....

What you are doing is establishing a work and life ethic for yourself which will be invaluable in your future. By that I don't mean 'you'll have A levels and/or a degree and so will walk into a job.' I mean that you have already instilled in yourself (some of it 'natural' and some of it by self-awareness and bloody hard work) qualities that future employers will recognise and value, and that friends love and appreciate.

I know there are people on this forum (and I'm one of them) who would be honoured to feel that you considered them a friend, because of the life-enhancing, caring, hard-working and self-aware qualities you have. You could no more not put the effort into your college work than you could fly to the moon - because you understand the importance of being the best you can be, which is the most any of us can ever do.

I'm sure your tutors are aware of the work you put in, and if they are not, tell them. Ask for their advice - maybe they can suggest ways you could work 'better, not harder.' That isn't a criticism of you, but A levels are very different to earlier exams and perhaps they can give you some useful advice. That is what they get paid for.

You've had a lot going on lately, and therefore so have your whole family. That means any conversations/interaction between you can be tough, and mother/teenage daughter ones are notoriously difficult at times! It seems as if perhaps your mum doesn't realise how difficult it can be for you to fit everything in. You are very talented in lots of ways, and also so willing - maybe don't be so willing, or so hard on yourself (I think I spot a perfectionist streak in there? :) ) I can understand that with your new-found love of cooking, you enjoy making meals for the family, and want to cook things to please them as well as yourself, but with everything else you have on your plate (hehe - on your plate - see what I did there? :D ) there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying 'Yep, I'll make dinner/help to make dinner, but it will have to something quick and simple, as I have school work to do.' If your quick and simple offering doesn't suit... well they all know the other option!

I've whittled on enough. I'm glad you're feeling better today. Feel free to ignore me if you want. I won't take any offence. ;) xxxxx

yeah, I was going to respond in detail but i will go with "what moonwalker said" because its probably better observations/ advice than I could.

Keep you chin up though, you are utterly fabulous and the world does and will recognise that just like all of us on here do.

Moonwalker - wise words of wisdom and totally agree!

Wow, I couldn't have put that better myself moonwatcher, very well said!!
Libby, every single word is true, you are a fantastic person, but you take too much on and try to please too many people. You need more Libby time xxxx

Awww, ladies! You're all amazing! :) xx

Rehearsals this evening weren't too bad actually (can't believe I'm saying that! but as they're something I have to do I decided I'd look at it as a chance to meet new people/get out of the house/spend some time with Alanna rather than forcing myself to endure lectures from a moaning old bat in a freezing cold studio :p)

Cooking is something I enjoy doing but it's almost 'expected' of me now, my Mum isn't very well and of course my siblings are too young to cook and generally want dinner before my step-dad gets in from work but I do need to relax a little bit. I absolutely hate asking people to do things for me though lol, not sure what it is but I feel like I'm being a burden on them even if it's something as simple as grabbing me a glass of water if they're going to the kitchen or w/e, I know they won't mind but I feel like I'm being lazy by asking for something if I know I can do it myself, hehe :)

My teacher's are all pretty good (well, except one of my English, she's pretty self-centered and doesn't care about anything but getting through the lesson as quickly as possible!) and give great advice etc but at the end of the day, you only get out of life what you put into it and so if I continue to put all the hard work, enthusiasm and dedication into school then I'll get the grades in return (in theory :p) but I agree, a-level is a lot down to answering the question in the way the examiner wants you to as opposed to having the 'right answer' ^^

Your advice is always appreciated! I can't thank you enough!

Planning to take some time to relax this weekend, it's my sis' birthday on Sat and she's having a sleepover so I'm staying at my Grandad's for the weekend and am going to go shopping on Saturday and treat myself to some new clothes I think :) xx

Thank you all again! <3

Foodwise I've been rubbish today! :p Just felt like snacking non-stop! I did walk for 2 hrs though ^^

Brekkie: Apple, Granola muller corner
Morning: Satsuma, OSS + Banana, Fruit Salad
Lunch: Ham + ex. light philly sandwich on brown bread, Caramel snack a jacks
Afternoon: Shape yog, Cup a soup
Dinner: Chicken breast, Mixed veg, Baked beans
Evening: 1 finger kitkat, 1 carrot cake slice (my fav!), 2 go ahead slices

Almost the weekend, yay! I hope all of you have a great day xx

I'm probably going to be offered biscuits/cakes/choc in every lesson today as at school we're celebrating 'Movember' - (Raising money and awareness for a prostate cancer charity) - ah well, so long as I don't accept in every single lesson, it should be alright! :p although I'm more likely to decline if I'm not hungry so 2 breakfasts it is! :p

Breakfast: OSS, Apple, Granola muller corner
Morning: Weetabix oat bar (first cake declined!) :p
Lunch: Slice of bacon/cheese pizza, Banana
Afternoon: Choc finger, 2 Satsumas, Apple, Carrot cake slice
Dinner: 1/2 salmon fillet, Golden vegetable rice, Carrots, Green beans
Evening: Pear, Activia yog
Exercise: 1 hour walk, 25mins Just Dance

Last edited:
Sounds like you managed to resist most of the cakes and biscuits! Well done. Glad you are feeling a bit more positive and having some time to yourself over the weekend sounds like an excellent plan.

What is this "cake friday" thing you always mention? There was never anything like that in my sixth form!

Well, I had one biscuit in Philosophy and carrot cake at home :p Basically, in Philosophy and English every Friday, someone different brings in cake for everyone, we have 'biscuit tuesday' and 'chocolate wednesday' in philosophy too lol :p

Gave zumba a miss, just feeling so tired!

A dieters nightmare lol. Well done for being so disciplined :)

When are we sending the secret santa presents to our recipients? I've bought mine but wondered when are we posting them?

Have a lovely weekend and try to relax!! xxx

Thanks Hazel! :) xx I ordered mine and it got straight to the recipient's house and she opened it, oopsy! Plus it had my name on the invoice address :$ I'm maybe not so good at this secret santa business after all, hehe.

Whenever you want to, it really doesn't matter xx Preferably wrap it inside though so when they do open the outer paper, they realise it's the secret santa gift and don't open it before Christmas thinking it's something they've ordered :p

Tomorrow I'm going shopping and making my sis a birthday cake so it should be quite a nice day! Not sure what cake i'll make but preferably something simple as it's my first ever attempt at a 'novelty cake' :p I'm thinking of trying a converse shoe as it's her main present from Mum, shouldn't be "too" tricky :p or a high heel with a shoebox, hm! Perhaps an Xbox as that's what my Grandad was joking about buying her, hmm! :p

Breakfast: Pear, Banana, Apple + Blueberry OSS
Morning: Celebration choc from advent calendar, Mango
Lunch: Activia yog, Scotch broth soup, Mushrooms
Afternoon: 2 clementines
Dinner: Realised I hadn't eaten nearly enough today so - Green beans, carrots, 1 slice wholemeal bread, soft-boiled egg and a cheese + ham toastie on 2 slices best of both bread :p
Supper: Pear, Activia yog, Muesli/Rice krispies and SS milk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back