Jamie Oliver: Eat to Save Your Life Tonight (Wed) 10:00pm

KD

Gone fishing
Jamie Oliver: Eat to Save Your Life

Wednesday 16 January

10:00pm - 11:40pm
Channel 4

Here's a piece of guilt-inducing television for anyone who's looking back fondly on a corpulent Christmas or who's already broken their "I must eat healthily" New Year resolution. Jamie Oliver prepares to scare the hell out of us by looking very closely at a typically British diet, and examining "how it could be killing us". Frankly, just the sight of the weird Dr Gunther von Hagens (the anatomist who wears a silly hat) would be enough to make me forswear chocolate biscuits. But watching him perform a postmortem on a 25-stone man "who ate himself to death", as we are promised here (no preview DVDs were available), might even make me spend the rest of my life eating cress. The aim is to look at what a bad diet can do to the human body, while Oliver sets out some easy diet-changes.

My...gotta watch this. I loved watching
Dr Gunther von Hagens cut up dead people in the Autopsy programme. What a fab programme that was :clap:

Am making hubby watch this with me. He has the most APPALLING diet - no fruit or veg, lots of junk food and ready meals, snacks and crisps. Hopefully will make a difference!

I was wondering when this was coming on and thought I may have missed it!!! Will definitely be watching this!! Thanks KD! :D

I CANT WAIT for this to come on tonight.. :D

I have watched ALL the Autopsy shows that have been on in the past with Dr Gunther von Hagens..

I have to say I have really wanted to get into that industry since I was about 17yrs old, it's so interesting.
I know some people may thing I am sad.. :eek:

I CANT WAIT for this to come on tonight.. :D

I have watched ALL the Autopsy shows that have been on in the past with Dr Gunther von Hagens..

They're fascinating aren't they. Did you see the one where they sliced the chap with a sort of heavy duty industrial food slicer?

Was that before or after the chopped off his leg?

It's so interesting isn't it. Managed to get son and his young girlfriend (both aged 15) watching it. Thought the girlfriend would go all silly, but they were riveted to it.:clap:

I heard there were loads of complaints about the programme, but the complaints were dismissed :clap: Very educational :cool:

OMG!!! How fascinating and enlightening is this!!! :eek:

Brilliant so far...

bit annoyed now, my gran is approx same weight and age as tina. only lost my grandad last year, dont want to lose her 2.

I'm still watching it. Started watching late!

Brilliant so far. First thing I noticed was hasn't Jamie lost loads of weight!!! Wow!! Good on him :clap:

I'm still watching it. Started watching late!

Brilliant so far. First thing I noticed was hasn't Jamie lost loads of weight!!! Wow!! Good on him :clap:

That's exactly what I said....he looks FANTASTIC!! :D

You and me both Aurora! :eek: I can't wait until after the break to see the dissection...I'm usually so squeamish about this sort of thing as well, but I really need to SEE the facts!

OMG! OMG!!! I'm the same!!! OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG Diva. Now I feel sick!

Why can't I stop watching?

Because it's so interesting, and you don't want to close your eyes to facts....being an intelligent person yourself;)

Please tell me this isn't a real person well/body???

Back