Total Solution Jan 3rd re-starters thread

tulipangel

Hi all,

well its time for me to get my body back and i would love any january re- starters or starters to come and join the thread :)

I feel i need to be completely honest if im going to ask others to; im a mum of 42 who emotionally eats and I really want to break this cycle. I know there are many of us out there and others that eat the wrong things for many other reasons...well welcome everyone :)

My weight has piled on since i lost my 12 yr old daughter to cancer 10 years ago and i tried to lose weight with exante last year but my son who is now 21 has mental health issues and tried to take his life. I realise now that somehow no matter how hard life is I still have to try to look after myself too; if i dont how can I stay positive for others!

So this year with all your support I am going to try to pull myself out of this dark cycle and do something positive for me xx

please come and join me and we will conquer this together...warts and all x

good luck minis and happy new year.

:family2: Vickyx

Last edited:
tulipangel said:
Hi all,

well its time for me to get my body back and i would love any january re- starters or starters to come and join the thread :)

I feel i need to be completely honest if im going to ask others to; im a mum of 42 who emotionally eats and I really want to break this cycle. I know there are many of us out there and others that eat the wrong things for many other reasons...well welcome everyone :)

My weight has piled on since i lost my 12 yr old daughter to cancer 10 years ago and i tried to lose weight with exante last year but my son who is now 21 has mental health issues and tried to take his life. I realise now that somehow no matter how hard life is I still have to try to look after myself too; if i dont how can I stay positive for others!

So this year with all your support I am going to try to pull myself out of this dark cycle and do something positive for me xx

please come and join me and we will conquer this together...warts and all x

good luck minis and happy new year.

:family2: Vickyx

Hey Vicky
I'm Carly and I restarted today. I'm 29 and newly married didn't manage to get to goal for my wedding but I'm sure as hell going to do it this year before my 30th :)
So sorry about your loss x
Really hope 2012 is a happy and positive year for you x

Hi Carly :)

We can get there and well done on how much you have lost already but yes it's important you get to goal we all need that satisfaction x thankyou for your post and kind words :)

tulipangel said:
Hi Carly :)

We can get there and well done on how much you have lost already but yes it's important you get to goal we all need that satisfaction x thankyou for your post and kind words :)

You are welcome Vicky :) and yes we can x

I re-started on 1st jan....new year, new start and new me!! (hopefully haha!)
I am sure with al the support on this site, if we all stick together, we can do it chick!! xx

Miss Mac said:
I re-started on 1st jan....new year, new start and new me!! (hopefully haha!)
I am sure with al the support on this site, if we all stick together, we can do it chick!! xx

I'm sure you will make it :) well done in starting on the 1st x keep going :) and thank you for your post

Well here I am day one of restart ... Feel very positive and enjoying reading all your threads .

Ist shake as a lovely latte 500 mls of water down , bring it on :)

Keep going minis x

Morning weather here in wales dreadful very windy and stormy.
Day 2 of my restart down 2.5 on yest. Together with support we can do this l to am an emotional eater will eat if stressed sad angry happy what evet emotion l turn to food. Be strong hun and take it aday at a time. Mxx

Tulip angel - you have been through so much and my heart goes out to you. You are an amazing lady and I know you will succeed, we are all in this together. Whilst I have not had the tragic loss you have been through I do understand how difficult having a son who is so unwell. My son is 19 and was in a terrible car accident when he was just 17 which resulted in the death of his friend. I do not wish anything like this to happen to anyone - the pain of seeing your own child wanting to kill himself and the worry/sleepless nights is agony. I am soooo glad to see that my son is getting better although I still worry about him and pray that he is learning to deal with his loss/pain. They are still so young to have to cope with so much.
OMIGOD can't believe how much I have rambled on - sorry!
Starting today......wish me luck and gallons of water xxxxxxx

Vicky you sound like you're in a really positive place hun, you're right you have to do things for yourself, if you aren't happy it won't rub off on those around you :) Your post really hit a chord with my, as a mum i can't imagine going through what you have been through, so you must be a tough cookie, this diet will be nothing ;) I'm also an emotional eater, but i find with Exante taking food out of the equation all together is much easier than moderating, hopefully you'll find the same too x

Hi Everyone, I'm restarting today too after a 2 day Xmas break that turned pretty much into 2 weeks!!! :(
Still have weighed this morning and the gain is about 3lb so I'm hoping to have lost that by my official weigh in day on Saturday. Good luck to you all....we can do this and may 2012 be our year!!!! :D

Tumpty 3lb is not too much damage! Well done on restarting and let's all help each other xxxx

Morning weather here in wales dreadful very windy and stormy.
Day 2 of my restart down 2.5 on yest. Together with support we can do this l to am an emotional eater will eat if stressed sad angry happy what evet emotion l turn to food. Be strong hun and take it aday at a time. Mxx

Hi Springer mad :)

well done on your loss so far thats fantastic x yes emotional eaters eat everything in site ehh but were going to get this weight off :)

thankyou I will take it one day at a time ... take carex

Tulip angel - you have been through so much and my heart goes out to you. You are an amazing lady and I know you will succeed, we are all in this together. Whilst I have not had the tragic loss you have been through I do understand how difficult having a son who is so unwell. My son is 19 and was in a terrible car accident when he was just 17 which resulted in the death of his friend. I do not wish anything like this to happen to anyone - the pain of seeing your own child wanting to kill himself and the worry/sleepless nights is agony. I am soooo glad to see that my son is getting better although I still worry about him and pray that he is learning to deal with his loss/pain. They are still so young to have to cope with so much.
OMIGOD can't believe how much I have rambled on - sorry!
Starting today......wish me luck and gallons of water xxxxxxx

Hi dexters mum

thankyou for your reply you havent rambled at all x its so nice to hear that others understand the pain of motherhood x im so sorry that your son has been so much at such a young age... they are just big little boys!

I wish you all the luck in the world x we can do this :)

Hi Everyone, I'm restarting today too after a 2 day Xmas break that turned pretty much into 2 weeks!!! :(
Still have weighed this morning and the gain is about 3lb so I'm hoping to have lost that by my official weigh in day on Saturday. Good luck to you all....we can do this and may 2012 be our year!!!! :D

3lb on is fantastic and you will shed that in a flash :) probably just water love x

welcome and lets get this weight off :)

Vicky you sound like you're in a really positive place hun, you're right you have to do things for yourself, if you aren't happy it won't rub off on those around you :) Your post really hit a chord with my, as a mum i can't imagine going through what you have been through, so you must be a tough cookie, this diet will be nothing ;) I'm also an emotional eater, but i find with Exante taking food out of the equation all together is much easier than moderating, hopefully you'll find the same too x

Hi Steph

bless you for your post and lovely comments... hardest job in the world this parenting lark ehh

I think your right taking food out of the equation is going to help me im sure :) hope you have a good day :)

hey hun x your post hits a chord with all us parents I am sure , I am very lucky to have 2 very healthy girls so far and cannot imagine how life could go on without them , am sure your DD would be very proud of you x

I restarted yesterday , 6 weeks off plan and 22lb gain :( but 24 hours in and 4lb gone already :) keep up the good work and glug that water xxxx

hey hun x your post hits a chord with all us parents I am sure , I am very lucky to have 2 very healthy girls so far and cannot imagine how life could go on without them , am sure your DD would be very proud of you x

I restarted yesterday , 6 weeks off plan and 22lb gain :( but 24 hours in and 4lb gone already :) keep up the good work and glug that water xxxx

Hi Katie

well done on your loss so far ...4lb is great you will soon see the back of those lbs you have put on im surex

your girls are lovely ive seen them on fb x its good to have you as a friend on there :) (victoria proud)

keep strong hun x we can dooo this :)

Thanks Vicky - feeling really motivated and good to know we are not alone xx
Have had a banana shake which is yummy - think banana and vanilla are my favourites.
Really struggle with drinking enough water - so forcing it down !! Also bought some peppermint tea which may be an acquired taste. Any one else any suggestions?
Xxxxx

Back