JanD's dietchef diary

I hadn't actually thought about that - I have tried slim fast before - but that is not even the same !! - not very successfully tho !! I have a Cardiac OPA at the end of the month so I will check with the boss !

Hello my friends!!!!

3rd weigh-in -3.8lbs!!! YAY!!!! :) Total just over the stone at 1st 0.6lbs - into the 12s by 0.8lb (AND the brown trousers)

I also realised when I changed my ticker that for the first time I have less to lose than I've already lost - if you see what I mean .........

I think you were right Caroline - this does seem to be suiting me!! :):):)

Very late I'm off to bed after a night shift, my swimming lesson and weigh in so I'll check in later.

Good luck to all weighing in today and hope everybody has a great day.

Luv n stuff :) xx

Woohoo :D Go you :D

Of course, the most important thing is fitting in those trousers hehe!

Bet it's fantastic to see that ticker over half-way along.

Thats a fantastic weight loss girl it really does suit you. :)

I've gone off the boil today, got some really bad news and reached for the biscuit barrel and ate and ate and feeling really down now. Will get weighed on wednesday and see how I get on but not holding my breath. Kinds had the wind knocked out of my sails..... :cry::cry:

Thanks folks!

Shep - I'm really sorry, hope it's nothing too bad. It's horrible when these things hit you. Loads of **hugs** and thoughts coming your way. xxx

Hi Jan, how are you doing, all good it looks like from this thread! Just wanted to say the Slim4life book you recommended is fantastic. It all makes sense and funnilly enough I can't wait to eat proper healthy foods agaim. I''m currently craving salmon and avocado's! Secondly I can understand your comment about SW. It is a fab diet that I lost over 2 stone with a few years ago. I became a consultant and after a while found it such hard work what with my day-time job, family, meetings and other group cover, I lost the plot with the diet completely, everything became too stressful, and got on top of me so i decided to leave completely; and then consequently piled on almost 3 stone, and here I am!So I completely understand where you are coming from if you used to help out as often helpers work harder than the leader!
Having said that I am now tempted to re-join to maintain my weight when I get to goal as the plans are fab and people that you meet in group are generally amazingly supportive! I feel ready again now, but I couldn't become a consultant again. it really suits some people but you really have to have the time and inclination! Sorry to go on ! Anyway ;) spk soon, x

Hi Rach! Yes I'm doing great thanks.

That book is fab isn't it? I think this is a really good time to read it too, when we're breaking all those habits and addictions anyway so we're halfway there already! As for what I'm looking forward to eating - I'm just not thinking about it at all yet (although it'll be very nice for avacados to be 'allowed' :)).

I have a good 8-10 weeks to go yet. I agree that SW can be a great way to maintain - I may consider it but at this moment in time I'm thinking I probably wouldn't go to class - not the one I had to leave anyway, but by then I may change my mind ..... never say never. I have diet chef food in which, after refeeding I'll probably use up first.

I don't know how you could have done a 'day job' as well as be an SW consultant. It amazes me what Sue (my SWC and friend) is expected to do. All under the banner of being 'self-employed' too!! Crazy to my mind. I did as much as I could during class to lighten the load a bit - and because I didn't like sitting there doing nothing. I'm still sad I had to leave, I loved doing the weighing and the interaction with the members, but I couldn't have bluffed I had to come clean - ah well - never mind.

At least now the scales have a downward trend - one they haven't seen consistantly for quite some time! :)

You're doing really well too! Are you finding it relatively easy? xx

Hi Rach! Yes I'm doing great thanks.

That book is fab isn't it? I think this is a really good time to read it too, when we're breaking all those habits and addictions anyway so we're halfway there already! As for what I'm looking forward to eating - I'm just not thinking about it at all yet (although it'll be very nice for avacados to be 'allowed' :)).

I have a good 8-10 weeks to go yet. I agree that SW can be a great way to maintain - I may consider it but at this moment in time I'm thinking I probably wouldn't go to class - not the one I had to leave anyway, but by then I may change my mind ..... never say never. I have diet chef food in which, after refeeding I'll probably use up first.

I don't know how you could have done a 'day job' as well as be an SW consultant. It amazes me what Sue (my SWC and friend) is expected to do. All under the banner of being 'self-employed' too!! Crazy to my mind. I did as much as I could during class to lighten the load a bit - and because I didn't like sitting there doing nothing. I'm still sad I had to leave, I loved doing the weighing and the interaction with the members, but I couldn't have bluffed I had to come clean - ah well - never mind.

At least now the scales have a downward trend - one they haven't seen consistantly for quite some time! :)

You're doing really well too! Are you finding it relatively easy? xx

Jan thanks for the hugs, was really bad news and sad news, cant talk about it yet but once got my head straight will be able to.... might need to as well if you get what I am saying

Hi again i just typed a really long reply and just hit the back button and lost it all!!! grrr, dont you hate it when that happens! Yes SW I always kind of felt railroaded into it.i'm not the sort of person who can say no easily, it is hard work, make no bones about it and the best consultants have loads of support from family and group! I became disheartened because I felt other consultants weren't interested in helping people only to get heads through the door to make more money.There was too much competitoon involved! Saying that there was many things I loved about it too!...Anyway pastures new...
Yes I am finding it quite easy...I have discovered a new passion for cooking too which is strange seeing as I cant eat and it has utterley amazed me! I never cooked much for even SW recipes! Also i am enjoying not going to adiet 'group' as such, have done WW/SW/Rosemary Conley for many years and feel such afailure at times!

I only wish i had found LT last year as I went on a one in a lifetime hol with my dad and daughter, a P&O Med Cruise. it was amazing but I was overweight and felt quite miserable with a cozzie on etc with so many skinny minis around me. I was even mistaken for being pregnant at one point v. embarassing!!!! I had thought about doing Lighter Life as a collegue has huge results on it but there was no way I could afford it. It wasn't until a lady in my company seemingly was transformed overnight. (3 stone in 10wks) but I obviously hadn't seen her in a while, she looked amazing and I was gobsmacked when I saw her the first time!! So she introduced me to LT and has been an inspiration. Everytime I see her neat little figure it really motivates me. She has just gone on her hols and was planning to wear a bikini for the first time in almost 30 years. (she is in her mid 50's)..... So yes lets look forward to the new healthier, slimmer us cos that will be us in the summer, roll on warm weather!!!! Good night, speak soon.
PS yes loving the book - I'm Jasey's new biggest fan!!!

Last edited:
AAaaawwwwww Shep I'm really sorry. I know exactly what you mean about talking and you know we'll all be here for you as well as privately - whatever you prefer. Loads more ***hugs***!!! xx

Rach - It was actually someone on here who got me into it. I was playing some of the silly games in the chit chat forum with another person who was working a night and I noticed her losses and asked her about the plan - that was during a thursday night and I started on the monday!
Funnily enough she's another one who is into cooking and adapting recipes ready for when she can eat - Kered - you'll have seen her posts I'm sure.

You know there'll have been a reason you didn't find LT in time for that holiday. I'm a great believer in everything happening for a reason .... maybe that experience will make sure that you never allow the possibility of that happening ever again. If you hadn't actually felt what it was like your resolve may not have been so strong .... just a thought. xx

Oh Shep - I am so sorry - you sound so fed up ! We are all here for you, when you need it.

Back