JanD's dietchef diary

Wow Jan :(

Why would she feel she's failed you? I mean, we all know that when it really comes down to it, only we ourselves can succeed or not on this journey.

Hope things work out, but if not, well imho, losing the weight is the real important thing *hugs*

I know Caroline - I don't really understand why she might feel like that. Would be great if someone else could have that much of an effect on us!!!!!

Losing the weight certainly is THE most important thing so if that's her decision I'll just have to bite the bullet. I'll be really sad about it though :( xxx

Possibly ... She rang before - she doesn't know what to do ... she should 'sack' me ;) but doesn't want to. She's going to think about it and we'll chat when I go on wednesday. I may have to take a sabbatical ...... :(

Off to watch 24 ....... xx

Last edited:
Oh my golly - that all sounds a bit dramatic, Jan to say the least !!!
Obviously the SW Consultant Role is all encompassing??
Seriously, I can see both sides to this and sadly, I think you may end up having to take a sabbatical - but I sense Caroline is quite right when she says go back and maintain - It probably depends on how much she is prepared to 'bend' the SW rules for you to remain a member or a non signed up member perhaps ?? I think rules are made for bending!!
BTW - bumped into my old SW Consultant today and felt great as I obviously looked slimmer than when I was paying to be weighed and not sticking to plan and going in totally the wrong direction !! She sadly totally failed me !!! hee hee (I have to say she wasn't the most inspiring of leaders ?!!)
Well done on the weight loss - that is so good!!

I can see both sides too ....... I suppose I should just leave and have done with it - but it's not that easy as I've said before.
**big sigh** ah well - we'll see!

Bet you felt great meeting SW consultant - I hope she noticed!!!! xxx

Just reporting in to the 'old' friends - ie. those who knew the story that I have, indeed had to leave SW.

I'm sad because I SO enjoy weighing everyone, celebrating/commiserating with them and - if I do say so myself I'm bloody good at it too - sorting out the paperwork for her etc etc. She says herself she doesn't know how she'll manage - but she will - nobody's indispensible when all said and done!

However!! Onward and upward!! I long ago learned to embrace change rather than resist it. A new chapter beginning rather than dwelling on what's gone. I need to find another way to spend time with people - I work alone so apart from close family those people at the club were the only ones I came into contact with.

Something will come up I'm sure. In the meantime I need to concentrate on getting to where I want to be weightwise. I'd better, now I've given up something I loved for it!! :):)

So weigh-day just Monday now - I don't know how the scales at SW and the chemist compare but I think the ones at the chemist weigh heavier as I was the same on them last monday as I was at SW the Wednesday before and I MUST have lost in those 5 days on LT. Ah well, I'll be going by the chemist ones now so have to bite the bullet the first week - ie Monday.

I think I'm waffling a bit now so I'm off. Good luck with what you're doing folks. xxxx

That's a shame :(

Still, imho, you will lose the weight a lot faster on Lipotrim, which is the main thing for you right now.

As long as you both remain friends - that's something :)

*hugs*

Good luck for WI tomorrow :D

Thank you!!!

Lipotrim WI today -3.8lbs so -10.8lbs in 2 weeks :)

It'll be easier to get my head round now with just the one WI a week - every cloud ..... :( xx

Thank you!!!

Lipotrim WI today -3.8lbs so -10.8lbs in 2 weeks :)

It'll be easier to get my head round now with just the one WI a week - every cloud ..... :( xx

WOW good going and how r u finding it??

You will fit into those trousers with your left hand blinding us with the bling thats back on there.

WELL DONE AGAIN :D:D:D

WOW good going and how r u finding it??

You will fit into those trousers with your left hand blinding us with the bling thats back on there.

WELL DONE AGAIN :D:D:D

Ah thanks Shep! I'm touched :heartpump: that you remembered those goals of mine even though I had to get rid of them because apparently my signature was too long to add the results as well :(

I'm finding it okay actually. I only had a few hours yesterday (1st time!) when I actually felt hungry but I think that was more psychological than anything because we took my Mum out for a run and she an DH ended up having a meal and a drink in a pub while I had 2 pints of dish .... sorry .... tap water and a cup of THE strongest coffee on the planet :jelous:. But I was okay when I got home and had my shake. I'm marking off the days on a big chart and relying on the quick passage of time!!! xx

Thanks again for remembering xxx

Woohoo, nearly a whole 4 lbs this week - go you :D

Imho, the advantage of Lipotrim is the speed of loss. You'll soon be at goal.

Thanks Caroline - long may it continue!!!! xx

Hope you're okay! x

Jan that is soooo fantastic !! Do you recommend it ?? Tho' I have shed loads of DC food so will be here forever !!

Thanks Laura!

I would cautiously recommend it....... I think so many things have to be 'right' though.
I think you have to be fairly desperate and therefore willing to try anything.
I think you have to have the right 'head' on. Be in the 'zone' and totally focussed, with a positive 'I'm doing a great thing for myself' attitude and not allowing yourself to feel deprived, jealous of 'normal' eaters or sorry for yourself.
I think you have to think of the 'meals' (shakes, a soup and 'bars') as nutrition or medicine and not expect to enjoy them.
I think you have to have a quiet social calendar for the duration or/and POTS of self-control. Although if you're in the zone it really doesn't bother you.
I think it's more difficult with small children... but people manage.
I think you have to be ready and able to bat away other peoples' opinions - or not tell too many people!

Having said all that it's REALLY suiting me at the mo (but don't forget I'm only in week 3) I haven't been hungry AT ALL (good old ketosis) even though you are likely to be, until ketosis kicks in around day 3 or 4.
On Sunday I thought I was feeling hunger when my mum & DH had a meal out & I sat with them. I couldn't understand why because it wasn't bothering me consciously and I wasn't due a shake. On reflection I think it may have been simple cravings - very mild - but they do feel like hunger don't they? Those I experienced when I gave up smoking 9 years ago did anyway. I was fine when I got home and had had my shake.

I think if you can do it with real food that's really the best way to go. I think TFR (total food replacement) should only be a last resort. Others wouldn't agree I know. Some see it as a quick fix, something to be done now and again to get rid of what they've gained eating 'normally'. I don't think this is right personally but I'm sure they don't care what I think!

I have said 'I think' far too many times - but there you go - that's what I think anyway ;)

It really does look like you've found the diet for you which is great :D

I think you do still get hungry on Lipotrim but it's a different kind of hunger - the belly is empty and ketosis does not always keep appetite at bay - otherwise people would starve to death hehe! And it's terrible sometimes when faced with food - I can still remember the orchestra playing in my stomach when shopping for the hubby lol Horrible experience but it passes quickly.

Keep it up - you are not far from goal at all in Lipotrim terms :)

Thanks Jan for all the info - it may be needed in the future when my weight loss plateaus ?? I am determined to get back to pre children weight !!

You won't necessarily plateau Laura. Even if you do it will probably only take a tweak here and there to set you off again.

Reading what you wrote in Jess's thread about your heart I don't think you'd be able to do a TFR (total food replacement) plan. They're very severe. You could always ask your doctor but I would think a more sensible, healthy eating plan - such as DC is far better for you. xx

Back