JanD's dietchef diary

Hi Jan,

I have just restarted after the Christmas break. I find it useful to put everything I eat into an online diary at www.fitday.com it measures for you and you can track that you are staying around or under the 1200 calorie goal for diet chef. I also started to notice how many "extras" I was adding without noticing. Good luck, I am finding it hard too, just need to get that motivation going again!

Hi Estelle,

Oh believe me I'm NOTICING the extras!!! ;) :)

I'll bear the website you recommend in mind ..... thanks for that.

Well I've made it through the day!

Had soup for lunch, a slice of ham to stop me passing out at about 5pm and Lamb hot pot with baby spinach tonight.

I AM having a couple of vodkas though - with Lilt z but still WELL within calories.

Feel more in control today .. thankfully :)

You've got me on the baby spinach too Jan lol Keep seeing it on your menus so had some with the pork meatballs last night, it went really well together :)

I didn't want to eat it raw though so I just stuck it in a colander and poured boiled water on it from the kettle to wilt it down a bit - I don't think it would've fitted on my plate raw either :D

Glad you like it - I try to pour the meal from the pouch over as much of it as poss and that wilts it although I do like the crunch of it raw too. I'm just lazy and as my meal takes 2 mins in the micro I don't want to be having to cook veggies ;)

:woohoo: Very pleased to report a 1.5lb loss despite not being 100% .... far from it in fact! (Of course the personal critic in me kicks herself thinking of how much it COULD have been ... but there we are .. never happy :rolleyes: )

I have renewed incentive for the next week now .... watch this space!

Thanks Caroline - yes I noticed that just now when I was altering my ticker ..... a goal I never even thought of setting!! .7 or .8 depending which one you look at .... I wonder how much weight that means ... I must try & work that out.

Today I had my granola, blueberries and yoghurt at lunchtime - got up late and had someone coming for a treatment so didn't get a chance to eat before she came.

I had the beef & basil meatballs & baby spinach for tea when I got back from SW (where embarrassingly I was slimmer of the week and came home with a huge bag of fruit and groceries!!) and have packed a soup, nak'd bar & small nectarine, satsuma, banana and apple (they really are TINY!!!) to take to work .... they should see me through till morning!!

Thanks again! :)

Fab news Jan well done :)

Be sure to do virtual jumps for joy when your BMI drops below 30 so we can record it as an NSV, it's a biggie :D

NSV?? (sorry to be thick!)

I've just worked out (with the help of the NHS BMI calculator) that I need to be 13st 2lbs to get under 30 - which is the target I set myself for my 8 wk challenge, funnily enough ..... AND - when I reach that I apparently go from being obese to merely overweight ..... so never mind 'virtual' jumps for joy - I shall be doing REAL ones!!!!! :) :) :)

Even MORE incentive!!

I have just joined today and wanted to say well done Jan ! I did SW last summer and lost 2st 7lbs, however I have managed to put most back on. I gave up when I was paying to go each week and was just getting heavier ! I started DC yesterday on the recommendation of a friend and so far I am enjoying the food. I have 4 kids and work everyday so I need the convenience of DC ! I would like to lose 5 stone - we are off to USA in July this year and would love to look ok in a swimsuit! I plan to try and stay in touch with you to gain some inspiration! I hope thats ok.

Hi bryal - of course it's okay! I don't know about inspiration from me though! I had my anniversary at SW last week - 4yrs!!!! And although I'd been up to 3.5st off I'm back to only 2st which is why I needed the boost of a new focus and started DC. It's really convenient and certainly works! I still go to SW though.

If you look at my posts you'll see I've been nowhere near perfect so perhaps you'd better not take too much notice of what I do!! ;)

I look forward to hearing how you're getting on, feel free to post here and/or get in touch any other way! I work nights so can be on here at odd times but I'll always get back to you.

What have you had up to now?

Jan I was off to bed but found your second reply! So far I have had the granola on each day with M and S fat free van yog, 1 x banana, 1 x apple, some grapes, lots of black coffee, 1 x can zero coke, pea and ham soup yesterday and a bean one today, mushroom something and I added spinich, broccoli and a 1/4 carrot, chilli and added kale (not a veg I would normally eat but mixed it all up together and was yummy!) lots of water and today a nakd berry bar yesterday an oat bisc thingy........ oh yep and lots of water and lots of pees.................. So far so good feel ok and not partic hungry - always can manage chocs - so far have not succumbed despite the childrens Xmas choc still around - my kids are not really bothered about choc,,,:jelous: Anyway little one is now coughing so off to give him more meds. Speak soon.

Ah - hope he's okay.

Not a lover of Kale - but if it works for you! ...... I eat a LOT of baby spinach and have at least 2 portions of fruit a day - usually more.

My downfall is enjoying a tipple the nights I don't work - but up to now I've got away with it!

Good Luck!

Ate everything I brought with me tonight except the apple. I'll be leaving work in 5 mins and am still firm in resolve to resisit temptation at my mothers'!!!

Have a good day all!! I shall be spending it in bed!! zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hello Bryal :)

Ooh, sorry to hear your little one has croup - poor baby :(

Jan is right - DC definitely works. And it is not too complicated.

Looking forward to hearing about your successes :D

Jan :) Hope you managed to resist the temptations. Do you find that working nights makes it more difficult to lose weight? I seem to remember reading somewhere about night shifts and weight gain but my brain might be getting muddled.

Ah - hope he's okay.

Not a lover of Kale - but if it works for you! ...... I eat a LOT of baby spinach and have at least 2 portions of fruit a day - usually more.

My downfall is enjoying a tipple the nights I don't work - but up to now I've got away with it!

Good Luck!

Yeah, its hard when you like a tipple lol. I too like a cold dry white wine when I am not working. So far it does not seem to make a whole lot of difference, I just try to keep the calories in mind for the next day. Though that is hard cause the day after a few drinks is when I like to have a takeaway:8855:

Jan :) Hope you managed to resist the temptations. Do you find that working nights makes it more difficult to lose weight? I seem to remember reading somewhere about night shifts and weight gain but my brain might be getting muddled.

I could blame the nights ;)- but I really don't think it makes any difference. There are still 24 hrs in a day, count calories/points/allowances over that time and I can't see it makes any difference. Yes I eat more the day I start because I'm up for over 24 hrs but the day I finish I'm only up for about 8 hrs so everything evens itself out.
Nights doesn't affect my physical activity - I never do any anyway! :8855:
I shouldn't laugh - that's bad!!! :eek:

I didn't ENTIRELY manage to resist temptation but will post about that in my diary.

Ha Ha how stupid am I!! I AM in my diary!!! DUR!!!

I was annoyed with myself because - despite my resolve I ate a biscuit at my mothers' .... I was kicking myself but actually that was an awful lot better than last week with the buttered toast and chocolate.

Then of course I was so busy thinking it was alright after all that after I had my granola when got home I ate another 2 :( :(

For goodness' sake!!!!! But still ....... an improvement on last week so I'm not going to beat myself up too much. If you keep on kicking yourself you just end up falling over!!!

I've had the Beef in Black Velvet Porter - with the trusty old baby spinach for tea and have packed a tin of Baxters Healthy choice smoked bacon and 3 bean soup (which is yummy) and TINY - banana, apple, nectarine & satsumas for work.

Let's see if I can improve on last week EVEN MORE tomorrow!!

Hope you've all had good days xx

Back