JanD's dietchef diary

Aws don't worry about it too much - are you keeping track of your calories each day? As I doubt 3 biscuits will push you over the limit all that much!

I asked m'boyfriend to fetch me baby spinach from town but got a bag mixed with watercress and rocket brought instead, should be nice enough though I'm sure lol

I only keep a rough tally of calories as I don't want to become obsessive about them. More because, if I'm honest I'm pretty sure I'm usually below 1200 and I know if i do a proper total I'll just look for something else to have to take me up to that amount - just because I can.......

It's more the lack of will-power that annoys me, not that I'm doing any real damage!!

Off to work in a minute but back on later.

I'm sure a biscuit won't do any damage, but I know what you mean about will power. I've allowed a bit of chocolate on my plan but wish I could get by without even that. It is daft that these things have become so irresistable.

My boyfriend brought these little egg things around like celebrations called Maltesers and Friends... tsch lol But they were 38 calories each and I only had three and counted them so it should be alright lol

Back again!

So far so good! I got on the scales this am and in 4 days have lost 5 lbs! I know I should only weigh weekly but I need incentive! The diet chef food is really tasty - but usually I would eat double the quantity in the packs! - Yep.... That's the reason I am heavier than I should be! I know.......................
Well we are through the croup now and he is back in his own bed so hopefully we will get more sleep tonight. Spent a couple of hours in A and E tonight with number 1 son - he hurt his ankle at school this pm - luckily just a bad sprain. I seem to always have a drama going on. Anyway once we got the all clear I took him to Mac D's for his supper - I only had a coffee and then had my beef meal and spinich when I got home. How good was I!! OMG it was hard to resist! Then DH came home with son number 2 and 3, from footie having stopped at Coop for milk, with shed loads of mini eggs, cream eggs and ice cream. :sigh: So tempting......
Anyway back to the diet I had goats cheese and red pepper soup for lunch and fruit and water +++++
Jan - Wine also is my downfall, I also don't drink in the week when at work and save all my units for one night at the weekend - usually drinking a couple of glasses or a bottle............
and chocolate.............
So far no wine! We have a busy weekend ahead but no meals out so hopefully it will be ok.
I used to hate nights and to get thro them I would eat all night!
Sorry that wasn't very helpful...:eek:
Anyway off to bed. Night everyone.:4635:

Well hush my mouth - talking about not doing any real damage! :ignore:

Funny that bryal should say about eating all night when on nights! I don't know what came over me last night!! I'd eaten everything I brought with me to work by 12.30 and that meant I ate the soup straight from the tin cold because I don't have access to the microwave that early. So then, of course I was raiding the food here (which isn't mine) for the rest of the night.
LoChan - remember the other day when you said you tried the baby spinach because you kept reading about it in my posts? ...... well - I'm not blaming you ;) but when I went to get my Mum's newspaper this morning they had aero eggs on the counter ......... you can guess the rest, and it was all downhill from there. I won't go into detail.

I think half the trouble was that I couldn't get onto this forum properly nor any of the other sites I might normally pass some time on. There was something wrong with the connection. I ended up on channel 4 catchup watching ER, Brothers & Sisters etc, which was great (although the bad connection made it jumpy and not entirely synchronised) except that doesn't occupy my hands!!

Oh these are just excuses. Fact is my will-power is poo at the moment :sigh: and is at its' worst when I'm working. It's my last night tonight (Fri) so hopefully I can pull things back a bit before weigh-in Wed.

I MUST get my finger out and stop this playing about!!!! I'm going to give myself a good talking to! :rant2:

Thank you all for being there and 'listening' ... :thankyou:

Hope you're getting on better than me!!

If you work rotating shifts it must knock the brain out of sync somewhat - I mean it's not like it's getting up a biorhythm. For me eating at set times has become kind of vital right now. Want to eventually turn to intuitive eating but don't trust myself right now - many lessons to learn before taking that step.

Is it possible that you need a break for a while? Maybe a couple of weeks of maintenance may give you time to reassess.

Or, getting the Internet connection fixed would help :)

Are you back on day shifts this week?

Mmn, the aero eggs ...:drool:... lol sorry. Nah I could take but mostly leave wine and stuff but chocolate mmph that hasn't got a recommended number of 'units' per week at the moment as far as I know.

I think I'd fall on m'behind in shock if I was walking into Mnchester and saw a giant creme egg on a bill board with it's foil coiled into a menacing 5 like the booze posters!

I know what you mean about struggling while at work, I only do 2-3 days a week but it's my worst time for wanting to boredom-nibble, think I managed okay yesterday as I waited until 11am to start eating but that's not very practical lol Don't beat yourself up about it as I'm sure most people have the same trouble, I know having self-control is something to strive for but 100% of the time is a bit of a tall order :) You're losing weight anyway so all in all things are adding up right!

Hi again - I've gone green ! Envious at the chocolate my lot are consuming this pm. My number 4, age 3 has returned from a party with cake, chocolate and more chocolate............. I always raid the party bags as they tend to leave it !! DH has just done me a bowl of apple and satsuma all chopped up - so sweet.....Guilt for the choc he is eating. Anyway the diet is going well, since no wine last night we were all up (including me..........) at 7 am. We were in Exeter by 9 am as the boys needed new shoes and had a coffee in starbucks and back to the party.........
I feel really well on DC so much so my ma now on plan! She doesn't need to lose much but is off on hols soon and so wants to feel good about herself.
Today I have had granola and yoghurt, banana, pepsi max, pea and ham soup. Haven't drunk enough today as out and about, so will need to get guzzling the H2O................
I don't feel particularily hungry but I miss my bad habit of snacking!!! The food is great, tasty and actually filling, but I have found that if I am late with a meal I am ravenous!!
Sorry Jan about the comment about the nights !! Thank you Caroline for your concern for my croupy son - he is largely better but now has an infection on his face so had a trip to docs for antiobiotic cream !! Not too dramatic, but it needs to be under control for school on monday! and Hi Lochan hope all going well! I so wish I could take or leave the wine!
Will prob be back tomorrow now as have a mountain of ironing this evening!:eek:

Isn't this just a fantastic forum??? It's really heartwarming :heartpump: to come on and find supportive messages from people you've never met but who understand you more than most people you've known for years ... apart from those who just take the mick at your type-os (sorry Caroline ... honest :p )

I've finished work till Wed night now - I've been up since 4.30 - it's 9pm now and all I've had is a little banana. I'm going to have a braised beef 'weight to go' meal soon - I'm not depriving myself, I just haven't wanted anything yet. I'm not having my usual wine tonight as I'm babysitting my 2 new grandsons at my son's house :family2:so I have to drive home later. I say 'new' because my son and his husband (not a typo - they're civil partners) are adopting them. They've only been in the family since 7th Nov. They're such sweeties, my heart melts, they're 4 and 7 - brothers and absolutely gorgeous ...... anyway .... sorry :rolleyes: ...... where was I ...... ???

I'm not saying I won't have a couple when I get home but certainly not as much as a normal not-working-saturday-night.:party0036:

I'm NOT on days this week Caroline - I do permanent nights and have done for ...... it'll be 24 years this year...... (God - how OLD am I?? :sigh: )

I can usually cope, I don't know what's up with me at the moment .... as LoChan said though, I have still lost up to now so it must be evening itelf out somewhere. I can only be grateful for that and stop beating myself up for feeling out of control. I'll call it my TOTM - even though I don't have them any more :D

I've just been up to look at my 2 sleeping little charges and think - what the heck am I worrying about??

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Aw that's so lovely, good on your son and his partner! 4 and 7 are great ages too, up for lots of playing :) Great that they're sleeping well already, I've just got the one who's 7 in March and he's still not asleep, glued to Pingu upstairs now lol

What sort of work do you do? Can imagine it must be hectic fitting in balanced eating when your pattern doesn't match the rest around you! Maybe you could think about trying some exercise activity you could do at home and slowly build it up? I use that to be able to increase my daily calories but the actual activity will be helping muscles build too - you lose more muscle when you get older (don't be offended please!) so doing some activity to counteract that would help with your overall metabolism, the old muscle burns more than fat line y'know?

Hope you enjoy the break from work, I'm not on until thursday now either, got naughty food coming up on tuesday but also hoping to take m'first 2009 visit to the swimming pool too to help my back :)

What sort of work do you do? Can imagine it must be hectic fitting in balanced eating when your pattern doesn't match the rest around you! Maybe you could think about trying some exercise activity you could do at home and slowly build it up? I use that to be able to increase my daily calories but the actual activity will be helping muscles build too - you lose more muscle when you get older (don't be offended please!) so doing some activity to counteract that would help with your overall metabolism, the old muscle burns more than fat line y'know?

I do care work which involves a lot of sitting around watching machinery! If nothing goes wrong I only get off my bum once an hour to do obs.

Me & exercise don't get on very well. I HAVE got a Wii fit and the dance mat but I haven't been on either for literally months .... again - don't know what's up with me. It always annoys me when people say they don't have time because I think if you WANT to do something you find time - that's the trouble isn't it?? WANTING to do it rather than just knowing that you should... :rolleyes: . I AM learning to swim, I go on a Monday morning for a 1 to 1 lesson but it's a very slow process. I didn't think it would take me this long, I've had 14 lessons up to now and I don't feel much further on at all. I know I should go in between to practice but I can't make myself go when there are other people around as well. It won't be so bad when I can swim but I feel stupid at my age and my size floundering about. I also know that shouldn't matter but it does (so there :p:p!)

I got up VERY late today so didn't have breakfast. I've had soup and an apple.

My step-daughter gave us a Mamas & Papas kids bed/cot thing for when any of the grandchildren stay which my wonderful, patient, calm, methodical, stoical (NOT) husband has been putting together - or at least trying to. I have changed my mood to stressed because of fighting my way through the blue clouds ..... :rant2::flamingmad:(God I HATE it when he's doing anything like that!!!!!!!)

Going to the pub later ....... :rolleyes:

Hope the weekend's going well for all of you!

Ooooo sorry - big writing!! Don't know what I did ... okay now! :)

Well it's a bit small but I've changed my avatar to a pic of me with my eldest son and the 'new' grandsons.

You'll probably identify with the way I have arranged the kids around me to hide as much of me as possible! ;) :)

I'll look for a facial one of me cos it's nice to know what we look like isn't it? But there are very few photos of me around!

I know what you mean about pictures, I avoid getting my picture taken at the moment! Its a lovely pic, grandkids are gorgeous!

hi jand how much did you lose on dc in the 5 weeks leading up to xmas? just curious as only relatively new dieters on this x well my wii fit says im down by another 3lbs so thats 6lbs in total in 11 days!! chuffed with that x

Hiya Kelfie,

I lost 12.5 lbs in 4 weeks - I slid gradually off the wagon on the run up to xmas (as we do!!) which I was a bit annoyed about as I really was 'on a roll' and am finding it hard to get back there! I HAVE lost 1 and 1.5 in last 2 weeks but with only very half-hearted attempts at it!

Well done on your loss .... brilliant!!

Love your avatar Jan!

Hi again!
When I am allowed - I will post my avator I have a family one I was trying to do the other night when it wouldn't work!! I also have very few pics of me!
Children all in bed - have had another good day - completely inspired, by my so far, day 5 weight loss of 10 lbs ......... I have never lost this much weight in a week !!:8855:But then I put almost a stone on during December and early January trying to eat Christmas..............
And I have loads to go so hopefully it continue even if it is much slower. Had a mad day yesterday here, there and everywhere and ended up having my soup and fruit late for lunch in the afternoon and by 10 30 pm realised I hadn't eaten dinner but decided it was too late to eat a full meal and so had another bag of granola and 0%fat yog - which may account for the big loss. I expect I may go up a bit tomorrow as I also had roast chicken, veg gravy and a small small piece of stuffing and NO roasties at all ! My DH always cooks on a sunday (while I do all the household chores as we both are working in the week - no time for the cleaning etc) and he thought I'd be having roasties and so dry roasted them in frylite - bless him!! I had fruit for pud while the rest had ice cream and I have just had my soup - parsnip and honey and it was yummy!
I look forward to catching up with you all each day and seeing how it is going for everyone else out there!

Back