January 2009 - Starters

Erm, I think you're being a little neurotic about this. Stop weighing yourself all the time. The day you stop, the weight will move.

stop weighing yourself!!!
you can't fail to lose on LL
daisy x

Yeah I know it sounds a little neurotic, in the first week I was seeing 2lbs a day come off so I found it motivating, as I said I'm not getting down about it, just wondering if there was a normal trend there that at 11 days it slows down for everyone. Luckily though these last few days I feel brilliant and am no longer thinking of food all day, so there is no way I'm stopping now.

LOL Hellraiser! You are sooo impatient! What other diet gets rid of 16lb in ONE week??

Generally the men lose weight faster than the ladies.

I lost 14lb in week one and then wasn't seeing anything come off on my scales in week 2. I do sympathise - I ended up going to a drop-in session to get weighed during week 2 where I had only lost 1lb in days 8-11, but by the official second week wi it was a 4lb loss.

Weight loss definitely does slow in the second week. A stone a week is really not a great plan. Readjust your expectations and put your scales away! Stick to the programme and you WILL lose weight.

I have to agree with everyone else - put away the scales. As a serial weigher I know where you're coming from, but weighing daily did my head in - now I don't!

Like TI said, you can't maintain the same level of loss as the first week, most of the first week's loss is water and glycogen weight anyway, not fat.

Well done on how you've done so far :D

Yes, well done

I couldn't agree more Westie.
I often see people on these threads saying they are hating becoming obsessed with doing LL and it's replacing the addiction to food.
Seems like they are often the ones who have scales at home and use them.
I only get weighed once a week at the class. It is hard to be focused and laid back at the same time, but it's worth trying.
Find what works best for you. Great losses going on.
Off to the Pier today WG? Lovely weather down here. I'm going out to do some gardening if I can drag myself off here and get my A into G !:D

Wish it was sunny up here. I'm freezing today. Damp and dreary only way to describe the day. Was going to get out on the hills - but tackling the washing mountain instead!

Enjoy your sunny day on the south coast!

1.5 lbs for me today. It's still going down! That also takes me over the 2 stone and over the halfway in weight.

Daisydoll - wk 9 -3lb off -30lbs total - 23 to go
Emveg - W9 - 4lb off - 39lb lost - 20lb to lose.
Foxtrot - Week 9 - 1.5lb - ....28.5lb from 56 lb to lose

JaneyB-5th Jan -wk9 - +1lb -- 24.5lb -- 17.5lb to go.
JazzyB W7 -2.2lb off 30.5lbs lost 10lb to go
JessicaL - wk8 - 2lb off - 30lbs total - 36lb to go
Louale - W8 - 3lbs off - 36total - 60.5lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 7, 1.5lb - 29lb total. 65lb total to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Sean(JSF) - wk 10 - 6lbs - 66lbs total 24lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - wk 8 - 4lb off - 33lbs total - 48lbs to loose
SIIM - wk 9 - STS - 35.5lbs total -97.5lbs to lose
Sue_P - wk 5 - 2lbs off - 16lbs total - 68 to loose
Susianna - wk 9 - 3lb- Total 34lb - 56 to go
thin_inside - wk 8 - 4.5lbs off - 39lbs total - 85lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 9 - 2lbs off - 33.5lbs total - 35.5lbs to lose

TOTAL for January Losers 551lb

well done foxtrot!
Well after 2 slow weeks i'm really pleased to say i lost 4.5lb this week! yeyyy! so i'm now 2stone and 6.5lb down yey!
good luck for everyone's weight in's this week xxx

Daisydoll - wk 9 -3lb off -30lbs total - 23 to go
Emveg - W9 - 4lb off - 39lb lost - 20lb to lose.
Foxtrot - Week 9 - 1.5lb - ....28.5lb from 56 lb to lose

JaneyB-5th Jan -wk9 - +1lb -- 24.5lb -- 17.5lb to go.
JazzyB W7 -2.2lb off 30.5lbs lost 10lb to go
JessicaL - wk9 - 4.5lb off - 34.5lbs total - 31.5lb to go
Louale - W8 - 3lbs off - 36total - 60.5lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 7, 1.5lb - 29lb total. 65lb total to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Sean(JSF) - wk 10 - 6lbs - 66lbs total 24lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - wk 8 - 4lb off - 33lbs total - 48lbs to loose
SIIM - wk 9 - STS - 35.5lbs total -97.5lbs to lose
Sue_P - wk 5 - 2lbs off - 16lbs total - 68 to loose
Susianna - wk 9 - 3lb- Total 34lb - 56 to go
thin_inside - wk 8 - 4.5lbs off - 39lbs total - 85lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 9 - 2lbs off - 33.5lbs total - 35.5lbs to lose

Had a great day today, woke up nice and early and decided to go and watch my nephew play football for his under 11's side, they won 2-0 and he scored a goal :), then went straight after to play 9 holes of golf, feeling fantastic, Mrs and kids eating a Sunday Roast downstairs and I don't even feel tempted, just ate one of my peanut and sawdust bars :D instead, hope you are all having a good day too.

Right - I'm back, the licking of the wounds is all complete - I've been lurking but not posting. As SB said, I had started becoming obsessed with it all, and constantly thinking of it.

I've been having a panic with my hips, as they were my main motivator of doing this. Lose the weight, and they will improve I was told - but its been the exact opposite - they have been agony since Jan. And now I've basically been told that unless they allow me to have the op (found out tomorrow btw) I will be in chronic pain all my life. I'm 19, and wanted to exercise, and to run, ect and to be active.

It lead me to questions other reasons of why I am doing this. I felt like my main motivator had been taken away, and I just started to wobble. No lapses, but questioning why I was doing it - what was the point?

My motivation? It's me. Pure and simple, it's me.

It took me a while, but I got there. I am so, so happy with myself. I was going to go into developers for a month - I was sure of it - but I realised that I think I might be there at the end of foundation. But even better, I accept that if I am, I am - and if I'm not, I'm not. I know I'm nearly there - I can feel it, I can SEE it now.

I went shopping - not to buy, just to see where I was - and I was extremely pleasently suprised. A size 12 dress looked gorgeous on me (sorry if that sounds big-headed but its the first time I've ever had that!) and I could even get away with the 10 - especially as I have a stone to go! I can do size 12 jeans up - which was my size I had in mind. Most were FAR FAR too tight - but still the button went in the button hole! I'm a size 10 for most tops now, a 12 for the more fitted - which is what I had in mind at the start. I tried a lot of high street shops - like RiverIsland, Next, New Look, DP and I'm pretty much there in all those places. It amazes me - I never thought I could see anything in there and pick it up - and moe often than not it actually looking pretty nice on me.

I can wait for my end of foundation shop!

Group has been extremely helpful as well in all this the last few weeks - and I have confronted and got past even more issues. Doing the timeline shocked me at how much I had been through that affected me - and my eating.

I feel normal now - I look around and see people that are dressed nicely my size or sometimes a little bigger. Before this week I still felt too big to make an effort. But its in my head and I realise that.

I'm not scared to eat - I've been looking on a pay-for weight management/loss site that my dad has been using - and to maintain the weight I want to finish at I would be on around 1780 cals a day. I've put in "test days" both good and "naughty" and its amazing how much I can actually have.

I know I won't have to deprive myself - but I also know I won't be gorging. I can maintain a balance as long as I keep myself in check.

I have also decided that as I will weigh myself when maintaing - but only once every week or two, I will decide that then. I will moniter it and act before I put 7lb on. I will give myself that cushion, but I won't let myself go past that as I don't want to let it all get out of control. But I also know now that this is do-able, and not as scary as I once imagined.

I can so feel I am nearly there, and its an amazing feeling. I nearly burst into tears in the shop earlier. That wasn't me I've been seeing during foundation - I saw the first look at the me I have wanted to be since I was 11.

I feel pretty good. No fear of failure, no fear of sabotage. No feelings of self-hate.

I'm getting there - it feels like leaps and bounds.

I'm posting this on the main site too as a new thread because its been so important for me, and I want to share.

Keep going guys, you're all doing amazingly well. And, sorry, but you've got me back for good now - no more licking of the wounds from this one!

Missed you all :D

Last edited:
Atta Girl Em!!! That sounds fantastic!!! Well done on crawling out of that hole. xx

Thanking you FT! And my, didn't I make myself a big ol' hole to get out of - but it happened!

Well done for getting yourself through this! Yay! And great to have you back Em.

Emma, welcome back

Hi
Well done you. You sound as though you havw worked through so much in your head, and it's good to congratulate yourself. It's a HUGE achievement. You have been waiting for this for almost half your life! Enjoy trying on the clothes, looking in the mirror, catching sight of yourself (okay - looking!) in windows.
I have cried and laughed out loud in changing rooms in the past couple of months. Never went in them before, either bought from the internet, catalogue (yuk!) or grabbed stuff from Evans to try in the privacy of my own home and then usually took it back!!
How life will change for you. ENJOY every moment. I've also given myself a 7lb. buffer.
If you ever feel things start to slip or think it's not so important remember how you feel NOW.
Congratulations. I'm so proud of you. i'm sure your Dad is too.
:winner::0clapper::superwoman::princess::flowers::girlpower::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Great losses everyone.

Emveg - it's brilliant to see you returned stronger than before. You have definitely been on a journey. Welcome back.

Wow, some good loeese again, well done all.

EmVeg, great to have you back, and really pleased you've got your head straight and are focussed on the real reasons for losing weight, YOU!

Come on everyone, we're all getting really close now.

sean, 6lbs - thats fantastic!!!
did you do anything different this week?
daisy x

Back