January 2009 - Starters

Oh no, you shout out from the rooftops!

Only if they are comedy whispers.

:D

Hi guys

Missed this so I'll try and answer a few of the questions.

It depends on the person how long it takes to get into ketosis. Usually 3-5 days.

I'm not sure about hiding it from workmates. Last time I told them, this time in my new job, I'm not going to. However it won't be long until they notice the weightloss so we might all have to come clean :D

Stirring mugs - never tried them - as a gadget freak I might have to investigate!!!

Jazzy, the shakes and soups are ok. Can take a bit of getting used to but you will find your favourite flavours and stick to them - but be aware your tastes change and you find you come to hate ones you loved in the beginning and vice versa. IMO I'm not sure soups would be any better at mixing at work, but you have the added factor that you are trying to mix hot liquid. Unfortunately they don't dissolve as easily as a cup a soup!

Sukhi, did your LLC mean taking the soups already made up in the tupperware pot? Unless it's changed from when I did it originally you are supposed to have a pack within 15 minutes of making it otherwise the vits and mins deteriorate. :confused:

EmVeg, not sure whether giving up smoking and doing LL all at once is a good idea - certainly don't put any extra pressure on yourself!!!! Rome wasn't built in a day!

And finally Sukhi - well done on the 6lbs - imagine how much that's going to be by Wednesday :D:D:D

Np, she did say take the dry soup not already made but then just put it in hot water. Will check with her again.

I have ordered a self stirring mug and will let you know he it goes.

Any yes, I can't wait to get eighed this week. Only thing is she is going to weigh me in the evening. I was weighed last time in the day. so it might not be as great.But looking forward to it anyway.

Thanks for the support, advice and the encouragement.
xxx
sukhi

hi there
just back from the last party of the christmas/new year season - i feel sick, and am so ready for abstinance after the crap I have been eating over the last few weeks.

I'm back at work tomorrow - was thinking of low carbing it mon and tues as my meeting is tues night - then i will be ready to start on wednesday morning.

Im so excited about starting, I will be worse than being a kid on christmas eve tomorrow night lol

daisy x

Woohoo! I cannot believe that this time tomorrow I'll be getting ready to go to my first meeting. It seemed so long to wait when my LLC said "January" - six weeks! - but it's flown by and I am so glad now that I've had time to adjust to the idea and of course to get to know people on here.
I had a belated Christmas lunch today with some friends, ate what I wanted without guilt and didn't duck the camera when one of the girls produced it. She'll email the pics to me, so I'll post the ones with me as a baseline for the day before my life changes forever!
Well done again to sansukh for a great start, and all the success in the world to those of you starting LL this week...

Last edited:
Hi all

Another January newbie to add to the collection!

My first meeting is tomorrow and I just can't wait.... the cupboards are bare and just finished the last of the Quality Street! I'm quite scared as I desparately want this to work and hope I can do it as I see this as a bit of a "last chance saloon" as if I can't do it with LL then what are my chances of ever doing it (have lost 3st before with SW and less with WW but like many of us have put it back on).

So I wish all you fellow newbies all the luck in the world but with all your determination and the support on here I'm sure you won't need it!

Susianna - 5th Jan 09 - Goal - 6.5 loss

Sue xx

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb -10 stones loss
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 2st[initially]
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose

Welcome! Just added you to our list!

I hope you get everything you wish for on this journey - and we are here as a community to help you through it - and to share all of our victories!

Why do I suddenly feel like Mel Gibson in Braveheart?!?!

Welcome! Just added you to our list!

I hope you get everything you wish for on this journey - and we are here as a community to help you through it - and to share all of our victories!

Why do I suddenly feel like Mel Gibson in Braveheart?!?!

This is just so exciting and cosy. I love the fact that we all start so close together and are already all supporting each other. It's the main reason I decided on LL in the first place (and came back again) :D:D:D

Look at everyone starting tomorrow! So exciting!

If I don't manage to come on here during lunch or before you all go I just want to say the very, very best of luck.

Don't forget your starting pictures and measurments if you're looking to follow it through the journey as a motivation.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - WE CAN DO THIS!

:4635::553::bliss::talk017::hug99::gen126::grouphugg::superwoman::whacky068::innocent0001:

*slightly excited.*

Last edited:
Just want to add my best wishes & good luck to all Monday starters. I agree Westiegirl it feels really cosy and comfortable here!!!!
Janey x

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

can't quite resist saying...
IT'S MONDAY!!!!!!!
:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:
oh, and welcome to Sue!

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow (Monday), and best wishes for everyone starting this week.

We can do this, if we want to!

Can't wait to see how everyone gets on tomorrow, I'll be on tomorrow evening to let you know how I got on to catch up on all the Monday starters.

Best wishes to us all and our new slimmer futures.

Louale x

Sooo Jealousy

Just wanted to wish all the Monday starters well for their first meeting, Im sure most of you are a little nervous but so will everyone else in your group be. Keep smiling and let us know what you think of your first few packs.

I'm soooo jealousy I cant wait till Thursday !!

Good luck to all of you starting going to your meeting tonight. Please let us know what to expect as myself and my mum have never done this before. I am so jelous of you all as I have to wait until next week to start.

2009 - the year of change :queen::princess::character00116::coffee::whacky068::angel09::sick0019::woohoo::party0049::happy096::clap:

can't believe this week is finally here!
good luck all who start tonight - i've got one more day to wait!!!
daisy x

Wow - this thread is incredible! The passion and excitement really is palpable... for those of you that have started, I hope you're ok and not having any withdrawal symptions... if you are, fear not - they do pass... for those going to their first meeting today, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! The first day really is very exciting!

I am here if you have any questions for an, ummmm, old hand (not as experienced as some on here, and you are lucky to have Westie in your 'gang' as she knows all about it) feel free to message me (just click my name and choose 'Send Private Message'. I'm on here farrrr too much in the day anyway.... :p (Don't tell my boss!)

In many ways I feel like today is my first day - I've had a real struggle over December with lapses etc... I was fine until then - so a good 3.5/4 months without even considering it... but I've decided to leap on your bandwagon and get going again PROPERLY... so I might hang around here a little bit and channel a bit of the 'new starter' energy that is abundant on this thread (if that's ok?)

Honestly, you are going to be stunned by how quickly the changes start to happen - you'll love it, but your head won't actually 'understand' and 'believe' it for a long time yet - try and keep taking photos - preferably in underwear (password functions on folders is always a useful tip!)... and don't breath in - be natural. Do it each week... and then you'll always be able to see how far you have come... keep them in a scrapbook (if you're ok risking other's seeing them) and write about how you've felt and cut out pics of inspiring people, clothes you love, things you want to do etc... this will be your bible and will get you through some tough times.

This isn't called a rollercoaster for nothing - it has ups and it has downs - the first 'down' is usually around week 3 (according to my LLC) when the novelty starts to wear off and the road ahead looks really long... but I PROMISE you, it flies by and it is so incredible looking back.... and you've got it all to come!!!!

Get in touch if you want to... there are pics (one of which is VERY scary but quite motivating) in my album - you may need 50 posts to view it... check the links under my pic...

I'm here rooting for every single one of you - you CAN do this, you ARE doing this, you are CHOOSING your destiny, you are TAKING CONTROL and you WILL succeed!! GO JANUARY STARTERS!!!

Anna xxxx

size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose

it would be great to have you as an 'honorary' starter member anna, i'm sure everyone will agree that your pics and posts are inspiring!
daisy x

Back