January 2009 - Starters

well thats done, the wait is finally over - am now officially on the programme!
i have my shaker, bag and food packs
the group seemed really nice - going on saturday for the stop in thingy.
I have got to re-adjust my ticker as i have put on a bit since the info meeting what with christmas and everything!

roll on tomorrow when i make my first shake
daisy x

arrgghh!
can't open my flippin shaker! have been trying to unscrew it for the last 10 mins!!!
any ideas???
daisy x

Just wanted to say 'Good Luck' to everyone starting tomorrow.

Hope you managed to open the shaker Daisy. I did have problems opening my CD one, and had to the leader's husband to do it for me, after having asked about 10 people to try it first.

Louale x

Day 1 is over and I'm doing fine. In fact I feel fantastic and actually quite awake (I'm definately a night owl) but will probably suffer tomorrow when the alarm goes off :(

I must admit I never suffer on day 1 (it's a relief to have a break from feeling bloated) but it's always worse for days 2, 3 and 4 for me.

I'm glad everyone has had a good day. I must try and get to sleep but had to just pop in before I did :D

See you in the morning :D

Hey girls/guys! Remarkably I've survived day 1 without hiccup (except hardly any water and feeling slightly lightheaded!) Day 2 tomorrow,one day at a time, focusing on mini goals. Lets make 09 a slimmer year eh? Nite nite all! Here's to another abstinent day tomorrow! x

Hey girls/guys! Remarkably I've survived day 1 without hiccup (except hardly any water and feeling slightly lightheaded!) Day 2 tomorrow,one day at a time, focusing on mini goals. Lets make 09 a slimmer year eh? Nite nite all! Here's to another abstinent day tomorrow! x

Glad you survived the day, but please make sure you drink the water - it's important!!! :)

Here's to day 2 :D

WW - drink more!:waterbottle:
WG - sleep more!:nightf:

Daisydoll - haven't tried opening my shaker, hope you've managed now (look on it as an upper arm workout).

Indie, Janey, louale - you're all doing great! Here's to a slimmer spring and summer.:scale:

All the best to those starting their packs today, and anyone with their first meeting today.

Me? I'm just fine! Leading a personal revival of Earl Grey tea :coffee:(too cold for water, tried black coffee with sweetener:yuk:) but I'm sure I'm around the 3 litre mark. Enjoyed yesterday's packs except chicken, I might swap that on Thursday for Thai Chilli.

We're doing it!

Last edited:
Just thought I would come in and say well done to everyone on their first day - good luck to those starting their first day.

And also...... *SQUEEEEE* 11 hours to go!

We are doing it.

One thing though, Sharon, I think you need to change your avatar photo. You can't see how beautiful you really are in that one :)

Oh my! *blush blush* - thank you, and while I love your wee doggy I could say the same!

I'll see what I can do...trowel, vaseline for soft focus...photoshop... LOL

well done everyone and welcome to day 2!!!!!!! your doing fab!!

im feeling slightly nervous now, i have my meeting tonight and have a few doubts as to whether i can actually do this or not!!!!! had a chat to a friend that has done this, and she gave me a spur in the right direction, if its not for me then its not!!! but at least i tried and gave it my all!!!!!!!!!!

ive had a nice brekkie and plan of not having much else for the rest of the day, i dont really want to get into the last supper thing, my head isnt in the right place for that!!!!

hope everyone has a good day!!!!!!!!!!

I start today.

Well... I start tomorrow but my first meeting is today.

And you can let me know what I have in store for the coming weeks.

GGF is starting today as well.

I know exactly how you are feeling GGF. I'm just feeling a bit flat today, but with very large butterflies!

I started today and I must say the vanilla shake was nice!! A bit sweet but it was like runnyvanilla ice cream. I think I might have the chocolate one for lunch. Drinking black coffee is not so bad either. I'm feeling positive still - and am so glad I've started! Good luck later
xx

I seem to be alone here having started on the 1st but I am hoping to have a good loss today when I go for my weigh in.
Roll on 1930.
xx
sukhi
Fingers crossed for your weigh-in tonight - report back asap!:fingerscrossed::scale:

Hi guys. Well done on starting. One thing I would suggest is blending the Chocolate shake with Ice, a sweetener and teaspoon of coffee. I've only just started doing it after nearly 20 weeks and I don't know where it's been all my life! I do it with Vanilla too but without the coffee.

mmm sounds good, Guy!

Morning (just!) troopers!
We're all doing SO well, there seems to be a focused vibe around which is great. New Year New Us and all that! Well Day 2 for me and I know I must drink the water today, felt naff yesterday, managed packs but no water....Grr....I have just set myself some goals to get me to 10stone....4 to go! Could only fit 1 on my signature so Im committing the others here

Goal 1 12st 7lb by Valentines Day
Goal 2 11st 7lb by Anniversary
Goal 3 11st by April Fools Day
Goal 4 10st by May Day
Goal 5 size 10/12 by summer
Goal 6 Lighter is for Life not just for summer

Not sure why but using these significant days has helped me to see the weight loss in a structure. Been here before, did the charting etc..I know now its what I do AFTER losing weight that matters! I never did get to my ultimate goal and so this time I'm hoping I can really focus on lighter for Life rather than just for summer! Thinking of all us new starters....we can do it!

Onwards and downwards on those scales

Back