January 2009 - Starters

I am feeling actually quite hungry this morning. I am beginning to wonder if I've not actually got into ketosis yet, although today is day 5. I have dog breath though, but I'm not cold. Surely I must be by now!!! I must keep remembering that I felt like this for the first week last time so it's no big deal. Don't worry I'll just tough it out :)
I know you'll get through it, and yes you have your previous experiences to reassure you that this is ok.
I'm no expert but I suppose there are all sorts of factors at play in the beginning - abstinence from solid food, change of eating habits/times, any specific withdrawals, emotional choices, plus it is B****y cold anyway, and there are other bugs and germs out there.

Every day we get through gets us nearer to our goals.

I know you'll get through it, and yes you have your previous experiences to reassure you that this is ok.
I'm no expert but I suppose there are all sorts of factors at play in the beginning - abstinence from solid food, change of eating habits/times, any specific withdrawals, emotional choices, plus it is B****y cold anyway, and there are other bugs and germs out there.

Every day we get through gets us nearer to our goals.

You're so right, although I'm not cold at all! I keep thinking maybe I'm not in ketosis but I've followed the plan to the letter so I must be. Toughing it out :D:D:D

Firtsly, WG, you probably are in K but thirsty or "craving" more than hunger. I'm sure you are in K.. but if you stick to this there is nothing that will mean it doesn't work...so keep smiling :d

Well...its day 3 for me and just had my check with LLC.

Well into ketosis (really dark burgundy - but I've been having at least 4 L both days - think it may have been because I had a lay in, and so really had only had my shake this morning and not much water)

Also...lost 6lb on the first 2 days. Really, don't believe this....it can't be right.

Want to run around screaming.

Hi everyone, I have only managed to pop on and off here over the last few days so have a lot of catching up to do with the posts!! Well done to all who have had a pop in weigh in your all doing really well and I am so pleased for you,I can remember that great feeling. My group are not having a pop in but I am looking forward to Tuesday evening for my 1st weigh in,[I did go to my 1st class last Monday but my group is to be a Tuesday], I can't believe after all my stops and starts over last 6 mths trying to go it alone, that I am so focused, I really believe that for me anyway I need the support of a group and LLC.
WG, can i ask you if it was Tracys class in meadowbank edinburgh that you attended last time,was looking at your photos and the door and surroundings look very familiar to mine!!!
Good Luck to all who have a pop in today and to all the others in the Jan starters well done,we are nearly at the end of our 1st week and for that we should give ourselves a huge pat on the back!!!!!!
Janey.x

Firtsly, WG, you probably are in K but thirsty or "craving" more than hunger. I'm sure you are in K.. but if you stick to this there is nothing that will mean it doesn't work...so keep smiling :d

Well...its day 3 for me and just had my check with LLC.

Well into ketosis (really dark burgundy - but I've been having at least 4 L both days - think it may have been because I had a lay in, and so really had only had my shake this morning and not much water)

Also...lost 6lb on the first 2 days. Really, don't believe this....it can't be right.

Want to run around screaming.

Well done Em - run around and scream - you deserve it :D:D:D

You would probably have a very dark stick because the ketones would be concentrated. They are diluted by water to make them paler - and that's how you can tell if you're drinking enough. If you hadn't had any water this morning then they will be concentrated :)

Thanks for your support, I am feeling better now. I think I get hungry when I'm getting close to needing a pack - whether that's physical or habit I'm not sure but the hunger is in the run up to "traditional" meal times.

Hi everyone, I have only managed to pop on and off here over the last few days so have a lot of catching up to do with the posts!! Well done to all who have had a pop in weigh in your all doing really well and I am so pleased for you,I can remember that great feeling. My group are not having a pop in but I am looking forward to Tuesday evening for my 1st weigh in,[I did go to my 1st class last Monday but my group is to be a Tuesday], I can't believe after all my stops and starts over last 6 mths trying to go it alone, that I am so focused, I really believe that for me anyway I need the support of a group and LLC.
WG, can i ask you if it was Tracys class in meadowbank edinburgh that you attended last time,was looking at your photos and the door and surroundings look very familiar to mine!!!
Good Luck to all who have a pop in today and to all the others in the Jan starters well done,we are nearly at the end of our 1st week and for that we should give ourselves a huge pat on the back!!!!!!
Janey.x

Hi Janey

I saw your comment on my photo and did reply there, but you probably didn't get a notification, like I did when you posted. Yes it was Tracey's group. Is she your LLC now, or previously (or both I suppose :)).

I think Tracey is a great LLC. She helped me so much. I was gutted when I had to leave her classes to move here. She offered to support me by phone (and sent me packs) but with all the stress my head wasn't in a good enough place to have the necessary focus.

If you are in her group please could you say hello from me (I was a January 06 starter). Tell her I miss her and that without her guidance I slipped up, but I'm back on track now :D

When did you first do LL?

Westigirl, can i ask you if it was Tracys class in meadowbank edinburgh that you attended last time,was looking at your photos and the door and surroundings look very familiar to mine!!! xx

tomato soup - one word

yuk!

daisy x

Sorry forget that last post, was trying to qoute but it went all wrong!!!
I attended Tracys class around summer of 2006, must have been around time you went away, She was a terrific LLC over and beyond the support that is standard. I had to do a 5hr round trip to go as there were no other classes near! I still keep in touch with her and it was her who let me knowthat another lady who had been in my group had set up as LLC only 3mls away from me!!
Net time i see her i will pass on your message,[what is your first name?] sorry bout mix up on posts.
Janey x

Sorry forget that last post, was trying to qoute but it went all wrong!!!
I attended Tracys class around summer of 2006, must have been around time you went away, She was a terrific LLC over and beyond the support that is standard. I had to do a 5hr round trip to go as there were no other classes near! I still keep in touch with her and it was her who let me knowthat another lady who had been in my group had set up as LLC only 3mls away from me!!
Net time i see her i will pass on your message,[what is your first name?] sorry bout mix up on posts.
Janey x

We probably passed in the corridor and never knew as it was autumn 2006 when I left.

My name is Sarah.

It's good that there's a LLC so close. Mine is about half an hour away so that's not too bad :)

Well done Em

You are off to a fabulous start. Be sure to drink the water gradually through the day. Start as early as you can. I take 2 to bed, one to drink at night and the other for first thing when I wake up.

hi everyone - i didnt have time to log in yesterday and I cant believe how many posts there are to read!! I wont have time to think about eating anymore if i keep trying to read them all!!
Well done everyone who has had their pop in weigh in. I have just had mine and have lost 6lbs. I'm so pleased!!!:bliss:

Well done Jazzy

Hurrah - fabulous start *****:)

Thank you - I'm really pleased. I've been feeling fine too, apart from one headache on day 2 but thats nothing new for me as I suffer from them lots and it wasnt bad enough to take pills, and i felt light headed for about ten minutes the same day.
I definitely prefer the soups to the shakes though - i swapped some of mine over today. The thai chilli and veg are my fave!

Well done JazzyB! Snap!

Thanks SB. Still can't believe it... it's ridiculous that my mind is searching for reasons why LLC might be wrong!

BUT I'm going to be getting used to it...yes it won't be this extreme every week at all, but still... it will be getting used to me atually losing any weight at all!!!

Hi All, can't believe that this time next week i will be a Lighterlifer too! Roll on next Saturday yay!

Thanks Em, woohoo -we're on our way!! Give yr OH another slap and say "I'm doing it" again! That did make me chuckle!!:8855:

WOOHOOO

Can i join the 6lb lost club tooooooo!
Just got back, am in keto and have lost 6lbs

Roll on proper weigh in night
daisy x

Woohoo! How amazing do you feel!!

Oh and Jazzy, I think he might start wearing shoulder pads if I carry on going :D

Back