January 2009 - Starters

I got my food packs tonight. I'm now feeling not just a little bit scared and apprehensive about what I've taken on....

I know I can do this, but please re-assure me it's do-able and stick-able?!

I start tomorrow morning so I've officially had my last supper!

Go Ellie

Look at my picture on the left.This time last year I hadn't startrd LL.
Look at BL's pictures.
It is possible and stick - able and you will sort out so many other things in your life too.
You can do it.

:) Thanks....

It's like, I've seen how you and other amazing people like BL have done incredible things on this diet. It's just that I need to realise that I can do it as well if that makes sense! Once I get through the first week I'll be ok about that.

I am like my daughter Becky. I have got my first meeting tomorrow night & am getting the first day nervous ( will i be able to drink all the water) . Will I like the flavours .
Has anyone else on LL got IBS ? I am just wondering what effect that will have on me .Also I am still not 100% recovered from being ill & have already lost 8lbs .
I don't know why but I am watching Extreme Slimmers on ITV. These people have lost loads but through surgery etc. I don't think I could go that far. ( In fact it is a bit gross).
Anyway congrats to all of you who have had great weight losses I hope I will be able to keep up with you lot.
Anyway look forward to hearing from you.
Sue

Well i'm back from my meeting and first thing i did was bin my scales.

For anybody who didn't read my post last night i had weighed myself at home and was bitterly dissapointed as i had only lost 4lbs!!!
Now after my 1st weighin i am delighted at my loss!

Well no more of doing that to myself i have binned the scales and will go only by my LLC ones. I know if i do this 100% i will lose weight, maybe some weeks low loss,other weeks great losses.

So i will end this by saying well done to everyone with your losses and good luck to all who have weighins tomorrow.

Janey x

8.5lbs! Thats brilliant!!

Oh forgot to say i lost 8.5lbs. Yipeeeeee!!
wow, that's fantastic, well done!

PB and Sue P we all felt worried and aprehensive and but I am sure with the support from your group, LLC and on here you will be fine....keep posting to let us know how you are doing and good luck! x

8lbs off for me!!!

really pleased. I'd lost the least of the new starters - the LLC said it was cos i'm a short arse - well not her exact words (i'm just over 5ft)

still happy tho - it would have taken me 5 or 6 weeks to lose that on SW or WW

well done to all the other folk who have lost too
daisy x

Well done Daisy

Fabulous start. Well done you.
Welcome Sue,So many of your questions will vbe answered at the first meeting. BUT I would be surprised if you IBS doesn't improve. Your general recovery and well-being is likely to improve rapidly too because you'll be getting balanced nutrients and minerals as well as plenty of water. I don't see how you can lose. (apart from weight!)>
Don't forget LL has a medical team too if you get anxious you can always ask their advice.
Good luck.
Janey well done, fabulous start.
GO GIRLS XXXX

wow!!!
Really fab results.
I think we are all doing well.
And we will all get there.
I guess our loss is going to vary from week to week but the most important thin is with LL its always going to be loss.
So no gains it loss always.
Isin't that great.
sleep well tonight everybody. we are going to peel that fat slowly and steadily.

My 2nd WI in tomorrow and you have all inspired me already. I Am feeling more energetic and that is a great feeling
Daisydoll--nice o see a pic. I should do mine soon too. Thanks for your words to.
xx
sukhi

Well i'm back from my meeting and first thing i did was bin my scales.

For anybody who didn't read my post last night i had weighed myself at home and was bitterly dissapointed as i had only lost 4lbs!!!
Now after my 1st weighin i am delighted at my loss!

Well no more of doing that to myself i have binned the scales and will go only by my LLC ones. I know if i do this 100% i will lose weight, maybe some weeks low loss,other weeks great losses.

So i will end this by saying well done to everyone with your losses and good luck to all who have weighins tomorrow.

Janey x

I will bin the scales too hun!!
great loss
sukhi

I'm back from first weigh in - 8lbs off :D:D:D

Another moral - I've been weighing at home and STS since Thursday - major depression today.

I feel so much better with my LLC's scales!

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 7lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8.5lb -10 stones to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 2st[initially]
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan:fingerscrossed: - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan (pending medical) - week 0 - 3 stones to lose (and extra is a bonus)
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose

Suhki, I had a very low loss once every 4 weeks - usually about 0.2-0.5lbs in that week, with another lesser one on another week. I never cheated once so it was other factors - usually due to being a woman!!!!

Well done all you other Monday weighers :D

Week 2 starts tomorrow :D:D:D

That has definately put my mind to rest.
WI tomorrow and I will update.

Where is jazzyb???
xx
sukhi

Well done everyone on fabulous losses!

Sue and Becky and Ellie - hope your first days go well - think of your goals because you can achieve them.
S.x

Hello! I'm misswee, pleased to meet you all.

I started LL last friday, 9th jan. I only discovered this forum last night, but know I am going to find the support invaluble!
I've added my self to end of the list (is that right?)

to give you a quick up date on my position:

I only went to a LL introduction meeting 6th of Jan and joined 3 days later, so had not much time to brood before starting! Thrown in at the deep end!!
So far I am pretty positive- on my 5th day now, not too hungry.
Just had my first frappe style shake - vanilla, coffee, ice- felt like a real treat!!

I've got wii fit and was trying not to weigh myself. Gave in yesterday and it says I have lost 7lbs and 3 points on my BMI since I last weighed myself on 3rd DEC!!
I know that must mostly be down to LL because lets face it, we had xmas in between the dates I weighed myself.
Have promised myself not to weigh on the wii fit again till a week later.

sorry for the long winded intro!

Janey B - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 2st[initially]
JessicaL
- 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose

PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan (pending medical) - week 0 - 3 stones to lose (and extra is a bonus)
misswee -
09 Jan - week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to loose

Last edited:
Hiya, can anyone tell me how to put update my cdetails on the Jan starters list please.

Hiya, can anyone tell me how to put update my cdetails on the Jan starters list please.

Hi

I quoted the last post of this list, added myself, then removed the quote commands.

so you could quote my post above and do the same.

I think I should have put myself in order of start date though? Everyone else seems to have! and I couldn't work out how to do blue text!

good luck!

Janey B - 5th Jan--Week 1 -8.5lb - 2st 5.5 to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to loose

Thanks for the help misswee and welcome,this forum is THE place to be, everone is so supportive.
Good Luck for your 1st weighin on Friday.
Janey x

Back