January 2009 - Starters

Thanks for the help misswee and welcome,this forum is THE place to be, everone is so supportive.
Good Luck for your 1st weighin on Friday.
Janey x

Thank you Janey! My first message of support!

I have my mum's 60th birthday party to get through on fri before I leave early for my weigh in! My weigh in will be my motivation to get through the party!

welcome misswee,your find all the info and support you need here!!!

well i have weigh in tonight, im really scared cos i weighed myself just now, i know i shouldnt have and it says im a lb heavier than yest! how the hell can i gain weight when im not eating anything but my packs :(

welcome misswee,your find all the info and support you need here!!!

well i have weigh in tonight, im really scared cos i weighed myself just now, i know i shouldnt have and it says im a lb heavier than yest! how the hell can i gain weight when im not eating anything but my packs :(

thanks!

hey don't stress, before starting LL I often find when using the wii fit that my weight fluctuates up to 4lbs during a whole day even though I had not eaten differently. It all depends on the time of day, how much water you body is hanging on too at the mo, ect.

I am sure you will be surprised with a different result at your weigh in!!
Chuck out your scales or get someone to hide them!!!!

good luck tonight

yeah thanks, i should no better really, its just this week has been really really hard and if i find out it was all for nothing i will be devastated. fingers crossed eh!!!!!!!

well im defo in cos ive not changed anything since my drop in,the only thing i can think of is that ive not um......been to a number 2 since last thurday!! sorry TMI. i hope and pray i will be rewarded a little bit though, but i guess next week is a new week!

Welcome Misswee, keep posting - looking forward to hearing how you're doing :D

Emma, please don't worry. Weighing in the day is such a bad thing. Keep to your LLC's scales or if at home once a week, first thing in the morning, that's the only way you know it's consistent and stop driving yourself mad.

Had a bit of a scale hop week this week and I was gutted to have stayed the same from Thursday until Monday. Today I just didn't bother. I know I'm following the programme 100% so it has to be working :) I'm not gonna wish you luck for tonight because your result tonight will be the result of hard work and determination :D

aww Westie same thing happened to me last week i weighed myself on sunday then again on a friday

No shift. But i found that all scales are different so you weigh differently on LL scales then you do at home. Dont go by it infact use Boots they have a good scale that is only 1lbs off at the worst of times and accurate normally

aww Westie same thing happened to me last week i weighed myself on sunday then again on a friday

No shift. But i found that all scales are different so you weigh differently on LL scales then you do at home. Dont go by it infact use Boots they have a good scale that is only 1lbs off at the worst of times and accurate normally

My scales are usually pretty good and I weighed before I went to LL meeting and they were only 0.1kg different to LLC's. I've always weighed once a week at home - a proper weigh with measurement etc etc - always first thing in the morning before having a pack/drinking anything.

I just got a bit obsessed this week, being the first week and all :eek:

What are we obsessive weighers like :sigh: , this is so apt because I jumped on the scales today and it showed I had gained 1/2 lb from yesterday so I jumped off them in disgust and vowed not to go near them till Monday (my WI night) however I know what i'm like and i'll be itching to get back on them tomorrow!

Welcome misswee!

x

Welcome misswee!:)
Fingers crossed for tonight GGF.:scale:

No further comments - in a grumpy mood.:mad:

S.x

Not too geared up for WI tonight.

Not too geared up for anything right now.

Oh my GOD! First day today. Please say it gets easier than this. I'm famished and I would kill for anything with cheese.:eatdrink012: And I have a cracking headache (have been ok all day though). Come on ketosis. Kick in soon please! I seriously admire you people having gone through this already and come out the other side.
I suppose I should congratulate myself, I managed to sit between 2 people munching on those mini chocolates between them today and not even have one.
And on the other bright side, I was worried I'd think all the packs were :yuk: but I've had 2 shakes and liked them both, even the soup was drinkable with lots of tabasco.
I keep going back and looking at the beautiful size 10 dress I've bought as an incentive. One day.

Sorry I'm not really making a point here am I? I just needed to get it off my chest!

good luck emveg and GGF for tonight, it will be fine!
welcome misswee!

daisy x

Oops, forgot this bit. :)

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 7lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8.5lb -10 stones to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan--Week 1 -8.5lb - 2st 5.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan:fingerscrossed: - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan (pending medical) - week 0 - 3 stones to lose (and extra is a bonus)
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to loose

Have formally fallen out with the Dr's - on hold for 20 mins, couldn't find out who has my form :)() - spoke to 3 different assistants! Very frustrated!!!! Have decided that I need to do something whilst I am still determined to do it (all the stress of sorting is getting to me!!) plus the waiting, so have ordered some W8 packs for the interim until I know I have a class (not telling them that though!) Has anyone tried these?

Also, have bought a "horse riding machine" as chiropractor has recommended due to my back problems (partly brought on by my weight problems.....) Does anyone have one, they look like fun anyway!!

Can someone help me with something.

What is 86.8 kg, 83.6kg and 82kg in stones?

According to LLC I've lost 9lb (happy with that) but have gone from 13-9 to 12-13 which is 10... confused.

Okay. Confused..but I know I've lost at least 9lb, so happy.

According to LLC
Wed - 86.8kg = 13 stone 9 lb
Sat - 83.8kg = 13 stone 2 lbs (=6lb loss.... doesn't work!)
Wed - 82kg = 12 stone 13.

So according to conversions I've lost 9 lb but gone down by 10.

Plus, my conversions from KG are WAY out because the one I use has me starting at 13stone 7lb and today at 12stone 9.

Someone who knows what they are talking about help me...it's far too confusing for me and I want to focus on being happy about it!

Hi everyone!
It seems like everyone has had some brilliant losses this week well done!
I just had my first stop in session tonight, i've been on lighterlife since monday and have somehow managed to shift 5.5lb!!!
I'm over the moon!!!
Hope everyone is well xxxx

Back