January 2009 - Starters

Well done Foxtrot, you've done so well getting back into it like that - I think if it had of been me, I would really of got down about it all, but you've just got on with it without a single tantrum lol!

Louale x

thats great foxtrot, well done!
daisy x

Well done everyone with how well you are all doing.

*some mentions of f**ds - none specific but need them to explain the trouble of the past week*

I've copied this from another thread I just replied too.

I was always someone who went into this saying it HAS to be 100% and I stick to it - but I have to admit the last two days have been hard for me. Pub on friday night with the usual pub food (which I love), lots of drink and people enjoying both in excess measures. Yesterday - football where we were in a box, with four large trays of warm comfort type food, plus lots of my big, big weakness. About 30 people in there once again enjoying the food and drink. Then in the evening went to Harlow dogs...where once again a group of 15 or so people enjoying the greasy baskets of food that smelt so nice (but looks so nastily greasy!) and lots of drink again.

Then, finally, sunday dinner with the in-laws this afternoon and parents are getting a take-away tonight.

I could literally feel my resolve chipping away slowly. I don't know how I have got through this weekend so far, and how I'm still going. Still have this evening to go though and I really don't know if I can zone this out much longer.

My family are eating much healthier at the moment and doing so well on this - but I know I won't get the results doing that - but with my OH possibly being made redundant tomorrow (last day then wednesday) and that making the cost of LL a little more of a problem as I'll have to pick everything up.

It's been a hard few days.

My confidence crisis mounts and mounts and its like I'm LOOKING for excuses to why I will fail.

Just read this on the other thread Em. You've survived an amazing amount of temptation, so one more evening shouldn't trouble someone as amazing as you!!! Can you have an early night instead - I think I'd need one after all you've fitted in this weekend.

As to the bit about redundancy, I have no advice because obviously it all comes down to what you can and can't afford. I hope you can stay on it though because you're doing so well.

You have had your doubts all along but look at how many days you have done. Hun you are doing this and I think it's time to put the doubts aside because if you've come this far, you really can go all the way :hug99:

Oh Em! It sounds like your brain has gone into victim mode a bit, like you're being denied all these lovely things because of this stupid diet? Try to think of it as giving yourself an opportunity to learn about yourself and lose weight too! Like you're doing an experiment on your body or something, to see what will happen when you do this. And think of how well you've done so far as well. cos you've done fantastically well. And in the future, if you choose to partake in some of those things (in moderation!), then you'll appreciate them all the more.
Well done for being honest about your struggles though, it means that you are acknowledging them and therefore dealing with them.

Thank you WG. Some times I really can put them aside, but others like this week they come full force in my face.

And PB that is a good way to think about it. ##

I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. I know why I'm doing this and I really, really want to. Hell, if I didn't I had plenty of time to lapse this weekend.

I need to believe in me... And I am so proud in what I have achieved so far.

*Okay I'm getting something off my chest which is also affecting my mood*

I think as well....something happened on Friday that brought up uncomfortable thoughts - which I would have normally gone running to food for. Me and OH have had problems for a while (as you may have seen on my diary thread at one stage). He really doesn't mean to, but he doesn't help my self esteem in anyway. He really makes me feel unnattractive and such. But I saw people I haven't seen for around 9 months on Friday - and one of the blokes who is pretty okay himself (far too out of my league) - basically paid me attention all night. I ended up giving him and his mates a lift home although he was reluctant to let me give them a lift, he wanted just me and him. Have since recieved a message from him saying it was a good thing I did because he would have done something stupid. It just threw me into a bit of a tiz because its the first time I felt like this since the first week of mine and OH relationship - and I really don't know what I would have done. I kind of knew it was leading that way which is why I made sure we wern't alone - but first off, I worked and spoke to this guy every day, I sat next to him and we got on so well. He would never have looked at me that way before - but now he did. It made me feel good - in a way OH hasn't for a long time. I felt guilty of what may have happened - I don't want to be that person. It isn't me. But I haven't been happy for a while - for once I didn't spend the whole evening hating myself. I KNOW I wouldn't have done anything really - its just brought up those feelings with OH and how he makes me feel about me.

I think I'm going to explain more about OH in the diary thread as I doubt everyone here will want the full details posted.

Last edited:
Hi Em, I hear where you're coming from! Firstly dont give up! You are doing amazingly amazingly well! You are doing it and you're doing it for you. I think maybe today has been the first day that I have found a bit difficult because I have been finding it far easier than I thought. We started on the same day so maybe its the 3 week boredom setting in (temporarily) or maybe its because its starting to show so we are both feeling a bit uncomfortable. In the past I have dieted and lost a bit, started looking reasonably ok and people have started to notice and then guess what? I give up! But NOT this time!

As for the problems with the OH - maybe this diet is different because it starts making you face up to the problems in your life and why you turned to food in the first place???? My OH has been so unsupportive since day 1 and I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with the situation. But one thing for sure is how much he trys to put me down, belittle the diet, blame everything on the diet and tell me I'm stupid for doing it HE WONT STOP ME!!!

hi there
sorry to hear you are in a bit of a tizz emotionally emveg.

just to add my OH is 'blaming everything on the diet' at the mo too jazzyb.
i admit i am more grumpy than usual - but i did warn him this might happen - we are falling out and bickering constantly at the moment.
He works away in the week and everything is fine with me and the 3 kids all week, but i have started dreading weekends as it just turns into a massive arguement.

hey ho..... i hope things get better.

76 days of foundation to go, nearly 1/4 way through!

I think he is just sulking cos I am not eating and he likes his food!!
I suppose its not much fun going out to dinner on your own - not that he is of cours!!
Funny thing is I feel happier most of the time. Not sure I am even having mood swings!

It's not easy when you have others to cook for is it. I have made some of my favourite meals for the family this weekend, and the temptation was overwhelming at times. But in my mind I can see myself at the end of my LL journey and I want that soo much more than the food and drink that is tempting me.

Stay with it. We know how much better we'll feel at the end of the journey.

Em,Don't give up on LL as you have done so well. F**d is never far from my thoughts either but am not really wanting it really.
My OH is very supportive on LL(he wasn't on WW or SW) . I think he loves making his own meals & is even trying to loose a bit of weight himself:sigh: .
I have spent this afternoon trying on clothes & have found loads too big :D , some that now fit me (they were too small & lots that Becky has given me as although we are nearly the same weight (give or take a couple of pounds)she is alot taller than me & is a size smaller . So one of the good things going to LL is I get her clothes that are too big for her:clap:.
When we get nearer goal we are going to sell the clothes that are too big as there are hundreds of them (mine & Beckys together.
Feeling full of energy today so think laxatives are working.

Oh boy!!:grouphugg:

Of course you know men can be the most stubborn things and hate change most of all! Even mine has to be fed and watered on a regular basis but he is so supportive, I wish I could share that around a bit with some of you. This has so got to be a journey you make for yourselves and you have to be selfish about it I'm affraid.

Sue, you sound like you and Becky are having fun with the clothes! I'm back on the laxatives too after last week :rolleyes:

Well done Foxtrot, that's brilliant after stopping and starting!

Sue P - I do hope that the laxatives help on a (ahem) regular basis; it must've been disheartening for you, but keep (ahem) going.

EmVeg - well done for sticking to it despite everything. I'll look at your diary and see if I can add anything there.

Hope you're all doing fine and surviving the snow!

hi emveg

i really feel for you as LL is bringing up some quite big emotional thoughts for me to especcially around my OH. We've also had our problems in the last year or so and although he has been very supportive so far I can see he's missing the attention I used to give him by cooking all his food. I also think he is beginning to feel threatened a bit by the weight loss. While I was fat he had nothing to worry about because I suppose I was always too desperate to think about leaving him or nobody else would have me. He knows that in a few weeks/months I'm going to be a lot slimmer and that means potential competition so he will need to make more of an effort. It also means that i'm starting already to feel more attractive and confident again which is great but I still need to get my head around it as it's still change.

Hang in there. This is all about learning how to manage change in our relationships, changing roles and about us starting to have more of a choice in so many areas of our life.

in a way getting attention from a male friend is probably something most slim people are used to having but it's going to be new for us and we have to find a way of dealing with it. I've got some friends who have lost loads of weight and they say they found this new attention really difficult to cope with so you're definitely not alone in this. If you can, try to enjoy it and be flattered - it's what 'normal' people have all the time!

catgirl x

Hi all, I don't feel like I should say much as I don't really know you all very well however I have got to say to....
Emveg, well done you have done fantastic to be surrounded by so much food and being out on social events and sticking to it, that is strength and power, go girl you can do it, do it for you. Same to jazzyB and all others, we are doing this for ourselves and no one else, I guess other issues are going to come up. I'm sure our life's are going to change and our view on things, I am also having problems with dh and have been for some time but for the minute I am dealing with me and what I want for a change and the first thing is to lose this weight.

Keep up the good work, I think weekends are the hardest, so far I have not had social events to contend with I don;t think I'm strong enough and so far dh has not questioned the diet although I don;t think he is keen on cooking for himself he he (shame) I cook for my dd who is four years old at 6pm but he wants to eat later at 8-9pm so he does this himself.

love to all
wilbeslim

Hope you are all OK today and had fun in the snow!

Em hope things are looking a bit brighter today, you are doing fantastically, hope you manage to get your head round your emotional issues.

No class tonight due to the snow but popped in to get weighed and collect packs and lost 2.2lb. Must be honest and admit i'm not happy with that but am happy with the bigger picture which is 20lb in 4 weeks. So fingers crossed for a bigger loss next week.

Good luck all for this week!

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 6lbs - 18lbs Total - 5.11 stones to lose
Somewhere - 5th Jan - Week 3 - 5lbs - 18.5lb - 7st 9.5lb left to lose

Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 3lbs - 13lb total - 4 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan-Week3 -3lb---15.5lb - 1st 12.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 2.2lb - Total - 20lb - 73lb to go
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 3 3lbs. total = 1.1stone - 2.4 stones left to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Cream Crackered - 6th Jan - Week 3 5lb. Total 19lb - 2 stone 10lb to go.
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - 19lb total - 42lb to left to lose
sansukh - 1st Jan - Week 4-- 20lb - 1 1/2stones to lose
JazzyB - 7th Jan - Week 3 -3.5 lbs 18lbs total 24bs to go!
DeckingJim - 7th Jan - Week 1-3 = 22lbs - 48 lbs left to goal
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 2 - 12lb - 4.3 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 2 - 4lb - 13lb - 3 st 11 lbs left to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 3 - 5lb - 1 stone .5lb from 4 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 5lb - Total 18lbs - 4st 10lb stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 3, 4lb, total 16.5lb - roughly 4st to lose
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 1 - 4lb total 6lbs- 6 stone to lose
wilbeslim - 14th Jan Week 2 - 5lbs - total 10 lbs - 4 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 2 - 18lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 1 - 12lb - 12lb - 6st 2lb stone to lose
Becca - 20th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stone to lose
Sean(JSF) - 2 Jan - week 4 - 6lbs, 34lbs total - 4 stone 1lb to lose

well done
as you say 20lbs in 4 weeks is great
daisy x

Don't worry, it'll all even out, cos it might be water weight you're holding or something! People say that you can have a few weeks running at a low loss, then suddenly a 5lb loss or something. And 20lb in 4 weeks is amazing!
4 weeks... We're a month into it already pretty much, it's gone so quickly so far.

Back