January 2009 - Starters

:eek: you look fantastic already! Wowee

Wow Em!

You look great, you can really tell the difference.

Louale x

That's an incredible difference Em! You must be thrilled!

:wow::wow::wow::wow:
Em, you look amazing already, and you don't have too much further to go do you.

You'll soon crack it. I think you might do it during Foundation because you should lose another couple of stone before you're done.

Well done :D

looking good em!
you can really tell - well done
daisy x

Wow, fab photo's Em, you really can see a big difference, you'll be there in no time!

Think I might get that book you recommended.

x

Em-----------great loss. You have lost loads.

Lost 4lbs this week and really chuffed as 2 stone already gone but a bit confused.

I am going to mallorca on the 14th march and wanted to start RTM by then so I could eat atleast 1 meal a day.
My target was to lose 3 stones by then(which will be I think). But I have gone really greedy and want to loose another 11 after this by 4th april when technically 14 weeks are over of the foundation programme.

Another family is coming with us and I don't really want to make a big fuss there about food. one meal will keep them quite there.
Please help me decide what I should do.
carry on or stop at 3 stone and hope to loose the rest on RTM. But do you continue to looseon RTM??

very confused.
sukhi

SIIM - wk 5 - 2.5lbs - 25lbs total -108lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 4, 4lb - 20.5lb total. 65lb total to lose
Sean(JSF) - wk 6 - 7lbs - 46lbs total 44lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 4 - 1lb - 15.5lb from 56 lb to lose

JaneyB-5th Jan-wk5 -1.5-19lb-23lb to go
SexyBecks1 - wk 3 - 3lbs off - 21lbs total - 60lbs to loose
Sue_P - wk3 - 5lbs off - 11lbs total - 73 to loose
Susianna - wk5 - 1.8lb - Total 22lb - 68 to go
Daisydoll - wk 5 -3lb off -20lbs total - 33 to go lose
JessicaL - wk4 - 4lb off - 20lbs total - 46lb to go
Westiegirl - wk 5 - 9lbs off - 22lbs total - 47lbs to lose
thin_inside - wk 4 - 4.5lbs off - 25.5lbs total - 100lbs to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.

Yes, I am bored lol!

sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Louale - W5 - 2.5lbs off - 24 total - 69lbs to lose

Em-----------great loss. You have lost loads.

Lost 4lbs this week and really chuffed as 2 stone already gone but a bit confused.

I am going to mallorca on the 14th march and wanted to start RTM by then so I could eat atleast 1 meal a day.
My target was to lose 3 stones by then(which will be I think). But I have gone really greedy and want to loose another 11 after this by 4th april when technically 14 weeks are over of the foundation programme.

Another family is coming with us and I don't really want to make a big fuss there about food. one meal will keep them quite there.
Please help me decide what I should do.
carry on or stop at 3 stone and hope to loose the rest on RTM. But do you continue to looseon RTM??

very confused.
sukhi

I can totally understand why you'd want to eat on holiday but I would think it'll be more detrimental to lapse (even if it is planned) and try and get back on it 100% than to just stick with it 100%. Your family will get used to it. But everyone is different and it's entirely your decision!

Another 4lb weight loss this week = :D and as a treat I bought myself a pair of rollerblades!! Good fun and good exercise, and they were only £6, gotta love charity shops.. They're really nice as well, and with a new pair of laces they'll be like new!

PurpleButterfly - Week 5, 4lb - 24.5lb total from 65lb to lose
Louale - W5 - 2.5lbs off - 24 total - 69lbs to lose

And louale, love the pretty colours!! :D

mmm tricky one sansukh
i think you maybe could post this on the main bit of the board and get some advice from some of the ones who have been doing it longer than us.

PB rollerblades, nice one! ( i take it you can already do it - im hopeless)
daisy x

Ahaha no daisy I haven't got a clue how to! That's the fun bit, learning to do it! :D I can ice skate reasonably well though so there's hope yet. Next week I may try leaving loads of time to get to meeting, and rollerblade there! 5 miles wouldn't be bad.

Suhki, I don't know what to suggest really. Maybe a chat with your LLC will help? My old LLC used to advise starting RTM at your goal because (although everyone is different) you tend to finish the 12 weeks where you started - most people continue to lose more in the first few weeks and then put some back on in the later weeks as you introduce more carbs. Well done on your 4lbs this week :D

PB, well done on your 4lbs. I think you're really brave on the rollerblades - I'd be bricking it lol. Loving your new avatar too - you look stunning :D

PB you are mad, nothing would get me on a pair lol!

loving the new pic, you look great
daisy x

Well done Sansukh and PB (love your pic!).

Thanks guys! It's a (semi) old pic actually so I can't claim it's nice because it's a LL pic..

Holiday -RTM

Hi Sansukh
I haven't been lucky enough to go on holiday since i started LL, however as usual I do have an opinion!
If it was me I would stick on the packs if I still wanted to lose more on development for 2 main reasons.
1. RTM is very structured in the way you re-introduce food.If it works properly you should end the 12 weeks at about the same weight you started.

2. Hopefully you have the confidence now to do what's best for YOU. Not because it's what other people expect.

I have also observed that friends who have gone onto RTM before they've reached their goal have struggled to lose that last bit.
Read BL's Stream of Consciousness Diary. She has dealt with holidays with great success in different ways depending on where she's been on the LL Programme.
You must decide what's best for you. Have you discussed it with your LLC?
Have a fab time in Mallorca. I know the Island well. Lovely time of the year to go.The Mimosa may be in bloom. The Spring flowers are glorious and make the island smell divine.
Good luck.
:character00255::gen157::character00180::airplane::mermaid:

WOW EM!!! Way to go! You're looking fab there.

Sorry I've no advice Sansukh but good luck in whatever you decide.

Good losses this week I see, my weigh in in about an hour.

And Ellie, rollerblades??!!!???!!??? Eeek! You be bloody carefull!:eek::D

EDIT Now had weigh in, 3lb this week.

Last edited:
3lb foxtrot! A good loss, well done you!!

I went out on rollerblades today, was pretty scary but good fun! I was just going round the block & stuff on some of the quieter roads round here, but I will start venturing further afield in future I think. Little by little. Would be nice to know how to stop first though!! :D

Great losses this week people - hopefully this will sweep across the board! :D

PB - Firstly, loving the new Avatar! And regarding roller blades, Stick the rubber heel down slightly if yours have them - if not its pretty much that same as an ice skating stop - lead with one foot into a "circle turn" and you'll stop. Mind your bum on the first few attempts!

Sansukh - It really is what you want to do, and what you are comfortable with - although I agree, I don't think you should go into RTM hoping to lose anymore, and that is not a garuntee as it is in Foundation. However, surely you if you stayed in Developers to lose the extra, do you not think you could then make up your mind there on holiday? That way if you really think you are okay to eat (but not go mental mind) then you can carry with Devlopers once you get back? Instead of officially going into RTM. Personally, I would go with the go into developers and stay abstinent - but if you feel it would be really detrimental to the holiday then its always a way around it.

Someone BL said to me when I asked the same about my holiday in June - "This is your big chance to lose this weight properly, and one holiday in a lifetimes worth of them".

Hope you find something you're happy with.

Back