January 2009 - Starters

Smashing dress!! Nice legs too, glad you got them out!!;):D

Hi all

Popping in to catch up with you all, we are all doing so well aren't we!

I agree Foxtrot about having low losses, we are all seeing such great results overall that we know a low loss isn't a problem and are looking at the bigger picture, that's a great feeling as I remember the feeling of panic when I had a couple of low losses a few weeks ago ... how far we have come!

Emveg, you must do what's best for your health and I know it's a little scary but you will be fine hun and you will be so much better off than you are now and deserve to not be living with the pain that you currently are. :hug99:

Welcome back SIIM hope the dog is ok and glad you had good birthday .... and think it was PB's birthday too so belated happy birthday to you both! Hope you've had a great weekend Daisy and you looked fab in that dress, hope you bared those fab legs of yours!

Welcome Loconnor, you will do just great, these boards are such a great support ... good luck!

I've not posted much the last week, been full of cold and feeling sorry for myself :cry:and couldn't really take anything but starting to feel better now! Really noticed that I thought about food more when poorly, honestly thought that I was never a comfort eater but perhaps I was.

The other thing that freaked me out a bit this week was 4 ladies from my meetings have dropped out so we have now dwindled to 4 :( , just can't believe it as we started with 9 and it has unerved me a little and though I have no intention of quitting it does make me wonder if I will be strong enough to see it through to the
end. I know I have always been determined to do this and stick at it as I'm sure all the ladies were who joined my group so I really think that these boards have been instrumental in the fact that I'm still here and can't help thinking that maybe they would still be if they had had this extra support .... sorry rambling a bit!

Anyway, hope you are all ok and enjoying the weekend,good luck for the week ahead! x

Don't worry Susianna

Out of our group BL and I remain. There are 2 other ladies who have been struggling, they've gone back to Returners for a while to try and get back on track (I don't think they come on here, but they may be lurkers - if so, you know who you are H&J!). The differenceseems to be following RTM. We both think it is essential.
Going to the Maintenance group classes also helps me to realise that other people do presevere and keep the weight off long term which is reassuring because I do recognise that feeling of panic you mention Susi.
I'm sure you'll be fine. As my LLC says, a bit of an anxiety about RTM is healthy. It's the commplacent people who worry her. This isn't easy, but having invested so much determination and money into my future I'm not going to let it slip now.
Good luck everyone, you are doing so well. xxxx:copon:

See it's the enthusiasm and excitement that come through from people like you and BL that infects me SB!! You are so enjoying your new found selves, I want to feel that too! This time I am NOT going to ruin it by forgetting the RTM, I AM going to stick to it and enjoy being me again!

1 lb for me this week which I am happy with as I am retaining water like a swimming pool at the mo. It's still downwards!!!

susianna
hope you are feeling better afer your cold. Its good that maybe you have realised things about your eating patterns.

Don't let the drop in group freak you out. at the end of the day if you are the only one still there, so what?!
you can do this - you have us guys in your group - we are not going anywhere!!!

I really think being on this forum is making the whole LL experience soooo much easier than if we were relying on the one meeting a week session to give us all the encouragement and ideas.

The ladies in my group are all lovely, but once a week is not enough for me to be discussing/focussing on LL, i need my daily fix!

daisy x

Susianna, don't worry about the group drop outs. I think we've lost about half of ours, but the rest of us are still plodding on.

I agree completely with SB and FT, RTM is the key. I couldn't do it last time and I think that was my downfall.

Like Daisy says, a daily dose of MMs is certainly helpful (I couldn't survive without it) :)

B****cks...but drawing a line. *F**d talk*

Well, after all the birthday success, I lapsed spectacularly yesterday. I went to collect my dog (£2750 bill!!!!) from the hospital and started driving back but got lost and then caught in successive sets of roadwork jams. After 4 hours of stop n start fun, my middle boy was in need of food and I needed coffee...and then it went wrong. :break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:
I got into nurturing parent mode (8 hours since your last pack and you're dehydrated, you need something) but still tried to order wisely, but it came with (carb-laded sides)....I should've drawn a line there but I got back and had a row with my long-distance new man and then enter rebellious child mode. Funny thing was that as I raided the cupboards most of it didn't appeal at all and even the (fermented grape in bottle) didn't fare well - 2 glasses and I hated it!
So, deeply unhappy with myself this morning :cry::cry::cry: but drawing a line.
BTW I have texted my LLC and 'fessed up, and I will give myself a good talking too and attend the meeting tomorrow night (I wasn't going to go, which would've been really stupid).

My OH has just said that Daisy, I'm getting more out of this forum than I ever did out of the weekly meets last time and he's right. It's here 24/7 if I need it.

Just done my third set of measurements and in 8 weeks I've lost 3 off bust, 5 off waist and 4 off hips. Inches that is. And I've realised I'm still 1lb off 2 stone!! Bummer!

Oooo Siim!!! Well done on confessing and grabbing parent and child and giving them both a good shake!!! New day today, new week tomorrow, huge hugs from here.

((((Sharon))))

Sorry you felt so cr@p. That bill and all the other sh!t all at once is more than enough for anyone to deal with.

Has our LLC texted back? Hope she's helped. Please make sure you come tomorrow, I'll miss you otherwise. You've done so well and I'm so glad that you've not let one lapse become a complete collapse.

Can I help at all????

Thanks guys!

You are all so right and I am totally convinced that this forum and RTM is the key! I remember at the end of the 1st week I was having a real wobble, feeling very detached from my family as I was isolating myself from them eating food, and the advice I got from the boards particularly SB got me through without a doubt ..... it would have been so much more of a struggle without all the help, support, tips and great great advice here.

What a day for you yesterday SIIM, but you sound very together today with your head in the right place, hope you get some good support from your group and LLC when you go tomorrow, good luck x.

Daisy, did you get any comments on you weight loss last night????

x

no.... but never mind!
one of my friends is about 16 stone and she kept on looking at me when she thought i didn't know!

was a good night out though - am a bit tired today after two nights getting in at 2am - unfortunately the kids don't get up any later to compensate!

daisy x

Ah bless them, I know early mornings after late nights only too well, seems to encourage the little darlings to get up even earlier than they usually do!

Its funny because I have noticed quite a few people I know staring at me too and I think they are probably wondering what it is that's different about me and I suppose it is quite a personal thing to ask someone if they have lost weight, but I bet many people said you looked great as you definitely did in that lovely dress! x

Thank you ladies

Thanks for your kind ocmments. This site is awesome I agree. I didn't know about it till BL mentioned it at a group meeting last summer. When I looked on it and saw the before and after pictures I still thought I could never lose 10 stone which was original aim.But people on MM plus my group and LLC were so inspirational.If my experience can help encourage even 1 other person to see it through then I'll be delighted. We are all here to help each other. Every one of us has difficult times and temptations to return to past habits.If we've built them up over years they don't disappear overnight, but I am hoping that the new way of life and more importantly, enjoying it, will eventually become the "norm" for me. If it doesn't I'll just have to keep reminding myself how I felt before and the positive changes I have experienced. That should do it.

Foxtrot - what do you mean Just under 2 stone - Bummer? Well done you.

Rep, rep, rep everyone. And the sun is shining - hurrah xxx

Aww SIIM, I do feel for you as I know from experience what emotional havoc your scenario brings and what my coping strategy would have been. We are still trying to unlearn habits developed over many years so I guess the occasional lapse at this early stage of our re-education is not unusual. The main thing is that you are back in control and on the programme with a better understanding of your triggers.

SB - I have around 9 stone to lose so it is very motivating to have people like yourself about to spread wisdom.

DD - I have to admit that a daily fix of MM really does help me stay focused. It is a support group as much if not more than my LL group.

Thanks to everyone for being here and posting their nuggets of wisdom. All contribute to my self-understanding and belief that I CAN achieve my goals.

Hi everyone!!

I firstly just wanted to congratulate you all on your fantastic losses :bliss: and after a rough couple of weeks on the Lighter Life diet you have inspired me to 'pick my socks up' and get back on track! Im Very new to this Forum business so please bear with me, hopefully i'll be on here daily........it will keep me out of the fridge!! :)

I CAN do this!!!!

Week 1 9lbs
Week 2 5lbs
Week 3 5lbs
Week 4 2lbs
Week 5 4lbs
Week 6 3lbs
Week 7 4lbs
Week 8 4lbs
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14

My Goals!!

1. To lose 1 stone DONE 21/01/09
2. To lose 2 stone DONE 16/02/09
3. To lose 3 stone
4. To lose 4 stone
5. To lose 5 stone
6. To wear a nice dress to my sisters wedding reception on 22/08/09
7. To get healthy by working out
8. TO BE HAPPY WITH MYSELF!!!

Hi Nickie, and welcome

Loads of help, support and advice here (as you know) and a good refuge in times of weakness.

Good to have you with us

Hi Nickie!! :welcome:

Erm yes well SB, 2 months, 2 stone and all that :eek: Even LLC said is there anything you could take off to get there :rolleyes: :D:D I know I'll do it next week :rolleyes: :p

Hi Nickie - welcome to the forum. Yes, you CAN do this. We're here to help and support each other. Thanks for your comments on our collective weight losses :D

hi nickie
welcome on board!
your losses have been great
keep on visiting here, its great inspiration!
daisy x

Back