January 2009 - Starters

cheers
good on you too - after being away thats great x

well done everyone and it's lovely to see that the slow losses are almost stopping so well done.

i had 3lbs off this week so happy with that. total of 29lbs now so over half way there! :cool:

Yes I am really please because although I was kind of careful I did eat a lot more than I thought I would. I had no problem getting straight back on it though and hope that with 4 weeks left I will lose the 4lbs to my original target and maybe a little bit more.
To be honest I think I will stick around that goal as my skin is getting too big for me and if I lose much more I will look even worse! Time to start saving for a tummy tuck!

Well, I am not surprised at all that I put on 1lb. That will serve myself right for falling off the wagon. But that is all in the past now.

More water and gym this week should help me get a big loss.

As for the milk week T_I, I have been talking with my mum about that as I think that I am going to do it. LLC said that most people who go onto development don't normally do it and they are fine. But I think that it is only a few extra calories but it might help kick start the system to maybe loosing more the week after. I might just see how I feel when I get there as I still have another 5 weeks yet.

Well done everyone on some brilliant losses again this week. 5lbs is great DD well done.

Fingers crossed for a good week this week for everyone and myself.

Wow Daisy ! Impressive! I bet you are feeling good inside about that one.

Well done on the loss on holiday too Jazzy, I hope I can do the same in May.

Great for you too Catgirl.

Big hugs Becks but I'm glad you've put it behind you.

Well I've now been given another motivator. As we are sponsoring a main event I have now been told I have to start the races, to do the press interviews and give out the prizes. Talk about throwing in the spotlight! I'm not the most photogenic or confident person and this will be in front of a couple of thousand people including certain ex wife and prob ex husband too. To say I will need new trousers will not be just because I will be smaller!! I am biting my nails already and I have until July. Anyone got Cathrine Zeta Jones' number? Perhaps she could do it instead.:wave_cry:

TI, glad to hear you're seeing a pattern to your losses - it certainly helps you cope with the slow weeks! Hope the people in your group are back on track :)

Re milk week, I don't think I'll do it. It didn't exist last time I did LL and I did 6 months straight without any problems. I actually hate milk and don't drink it even when I'm not on this.

Well done JazzyB - you're doing really well :)

Fantastic loss Daisy, glad you had a big loss after your little ones. It's funny how you learn to worry less about the ups and downs though :)

Well done on getting back on track Becky. That 1lb and plenty more will soon be gone :)

Great losses again Ladies, well done. It does look like the slow losses were a pattern mid-course though doesn't it.

I'm not planning on having a milk week as I only plan on being in abstinance for another 5 weeks so it doesn't seem worth it. FYI, one of the guys in my group did milk week and lost 3lbs in the process, so it doesn't have to be detrimental to the losses.

WI tonight & hoping for 4lb as that will take me to exactly 5 stone..

thanks guys
foxtrot you will look stunning by then - don't worry about it!!!
daisy x

Daisy that is fantastic, I bet you were dancing around the room!

Well done everyone else too!

1lb is nothing Becks and will be gone in a flash!

Not sure about milk week either think I will keep an open mind at the moment.

Foxtrot I bet you will look gorg and hopefully having lost the weight you have, will give you the extra bit of confidence you need.

x

Thanks Foxtrot (and Westiegirl)- I'm sure you'll do fine in may and you will knock em dead in July. Thats more than enough time to lose a couple more stone!!! (did i read yr tracker right?)
I have found a bit more confidence doing things now I have nearly reached target - only minor stuff like jumping in the pool to do water aerobics but before hand I wouldnt have done anything where people would have looked at me. Its funny but I always thought I wanted to be invisible but I think I blend in more now and I dont feel people are looking at me! Which is actually kind of nice! A bit liberating!

Daisydoll - wk 10 -5lb off -35lbs total - 18 to go
Emveg - W9 - 4lb off - 39lb lost - 20lb to lose.

Foxtrot - Week 9 - 1.5lb - ....28.5lb from 56 lb to lose
JaneyB-5th Jan -wk9 - +1lb -- 24.5lb -- 17.5lb to go.
JazzyB W10 -3lbs off 38lbs lost 4lb to go
JessicaL - wk9 - 4.5lb off - 34.5lbs total - 31.5lb to go
Louale - W10 - 7lbs off - 41total - 53.5lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 7, 1.5lb - 29lb total. 65lb total to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Sean(JSF) - wk 10 - 6lbs - 66lbs total 24lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - wk 9 - 1lb on:cry: :copon:- 32lbs total - 49lbs to loose
SIIM - wk 9 - STS - 35.5lbs total -97.5lbs to lose
Sue_P - wk 5 - 2lbs off - 16lbs total - 68 to loose
Susianna - wk 10 - 1.6lb- Total 35.6lb - 54.4 to go
thin_inside - wk 9 - 2.5lbs off - 41.5lbs total - 91lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 9 - 2.5lbs off - 36lbs total - 33lbs to lose

Thank you Daisy, Susianna and Jazzy. At least I have a few months to start the focus process!!! And borrow a Flack jacket from daughter as OH's ex is on record as wanting to hire a hit man. Mind you I had never considered the fact of being 'normal' as being invisible Jazzy. Great thought! I felt my mind set shift slightly. My size won't be something they will be looking at by then. :D:D

On a lighter note.... I bought a few bits of clothing online and they arrived today. Size 14 jeans fit like a dream, I'm sending two dresses back and I have another which I love to bits and it fits well but I will probably have to take that in before hols too and I even found an old pair of 12 linen trousers that I haven't been able to wear for at least 5 years and they fit great! Mind you linen can be forgiving!! :D

size 12 linen trousers

- well done Foxy - and so
me good successes for others too. xx:wave_cry:

Lost 4lb this week...had the mentality that this was going to be a slow week so pleasently suprised.

Oh...and I've now lost 3 stone 1 lb....ANNNNNNNNDDD I'M HEALTHY!!!! BMI now under 25! Whoop whoop.

Emveg - W10 - 4lb off - 43lb lost - 12lb to lose.
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Sean(JSF) - wk 10 - 6lbs - 66lbs total 24lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - wk 9 - 1lb on:cry: :copon:- 32lbs total - 49lbs to loose

wooooooo hoooooooo!!!!!!
Fantastic em!!!!!!!!!
daisy x

Great result Em
I LOVE LIGHTER LIFE

WI last night, and I knew I'd had a good loss as my new "small" trousers are falling down! So week 11 registers an amazing 7lb loss!!! :eek::D:eek::D

Thats 5 stone, 3lb in 11 weeks - where else would that happen??

I'm on cloud 9 today, and can see 100% on target to finish at goal shortly after Easter ;)

Starting to look closely at f##d choices in preparation, but for now I'm the lightest I've EVER been (since school age)

Hooray for LL - I'm off to buy some smaller trousers today (10" smaller than wearing at Christmas)

Emveg - W10 - 4lb off - 43lb lost - 12lb to lose.
Sean(JSF) - wk 11 - 7lbs - 73lbs total 17lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - wk 9 - 1lb on - 32lbs total - 49lbs to loose

TOTAL JAN LOSERS - 571 lb (40 stone, 11 lbs)

Last edited:
Hi folks, I wasn't able to go to my WI or meeting or pop-in this week I've had so much on. I have enough packs left over to do me until the next WI though so I should be ok. I text my LLC to say that I couldn't make it but had enough packs and she text back saying that I would have to pay twice next week (for 2 weeks worth). This doesn't make any sense to me, why would I need to buy 2 weeks worth for one week? is it simply the money side of things?

Hi folks, I wasn't able to go to my WI or meeting or pop-in this week I've had so much on. I have enough packs left over to do me until the next WI though so I should be ok. I text my LLC to say that I couldn't make it but had enough packs and she text back saying that I would have to pay twice next week (for 2 weeks worth). This doesn't make any sense to me, why would I need to buy 2 weeks worth for one week? is it simply the money side of things?

All LLCs run their own business so can make their own policies (except cost I think) but I think this is bang out of order. I believe that you are paying for packs and the counselling is an additional free benefit (hence why you pay £66 even if you don't stay for the meetings) so therefore you shouldn't have to pay to just go to the meeting.

Is there another group nearby you go to because you could always use that and say that you are disappointed that she is treating you that way and you will attend another class? I wouldn't burn my bridges though because this really is a great diet!

Lost 4lb this week...had the mentality that this was going to be a slow week so pleasently suprised.

Oh...and I've now lost 3 stone 1 lb....ANNNNNNNNDDD I'M HEALTHY!!!! BMI now under 25! Whoop whoop.

Emveg - absolutely delighted for you. :0clapper:You so deserve to be a healthy weight - and what a motivator for all those of us still heading for that target.
Tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me. xx

Hi folks, I wasn't able to go to my WI or meeting or pop-in this week I've had so much on. I have enough packs left over to do me until the next WI though so I should be ok.

loconnor - Not sure how you have any packs left over?? :confused:

Back