January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

Hi all, I have been working a few hours today & totally freezing! I am really struggling to not eat :/ this is so difficult :( only on day 4 & I'm thinking about something to eat - not good!

Hiya Jennifer, sorry to hear that your struggling at the mo, horrible isn't it.

I'm wondering if you are drinking enough water? Hang in there, is there anything thats making you want to eat? I know with me the weekends are when I have lots of treats, snacks and wine, so missing them today :rolleyes:

Just hang in there hun, everything will ok, just take one day at a time and I'm sure you'll be fine xx Maxi xx

p.s. Jennifer I'm bloomin freezing too! xx Maxi xx

Yup... Jen, as Maxi says... just hang in there... The food will still be there in a few months... just stick to this now, the weight will fall off, and you will be so glad you did! Other wise, you'll be forever wishing you'd stuck to it, as once you start to pick, I think people can sometimes find it hard to get back into full abstinence... Draw the line, as you have done so far... and just see all food as a 'no go' for now...

It's so hard... but you can do it... as maxi says, just do one day at a time! You're doing so well already... xx

Oh, and for the record, am freezing too! Lol... ;)

Honestly hun... the first week is by far the hardest! You will be absolutely fine this time next week. I promise you!
Eating something now will take you back square one. You're going to have to go though the whole ketosis pilava again. Is it worth it?
Are you really hungry? Or is it boredom, fear, insecurity or any other feelings we normally cope with by comfort eating?
This is where your LLC needs to step in and help you. Give her a call and have a chat with her. It really does help!
Good luck :)

yep i agree, you need to contact your llc. just for a wee confidence boost. we are all or have been where you are. its easy to give in but youll feel amazing tomorrow if you dont. xx

another day down

Hi everyone

There are a great gang on here and everyone seems in the zone. Just completed my 6th day @ 100%. Had a quick weigh in on my scales this morning and seem to have lost 11lb :D. Will wait for wi on Monday and see before I change my ticker.

Keep going everyone and talk tomorrow.

Hi guys just started a valentines day challenge thread :) add your targets!

Oh can I join in please!
Not technically LL anymore, but still am about and owe it all to you guys!!
Daisy x

Course you can I'm w8 not ll but it's busier over here :) and hi x

What about us (or is it just me :() single girls who won't be celebrating Valentines?!!
I hate that day anyway... (sigh)

Day 2 after christmas break and back into ketosis so happy.

Hit the big 40's in 7 weeks (mini goal) and just booked a girls weekend to portugal in 20 weeks to celebrate. Going with a load of skinnies hoping to be a skinny too after being the largest in the group for soooo long.

magiclove...

Just think of it as a 6 week goal from 1st Jan... having spent many valentines days alone, I hear ya... but this one won't be about luuuurve this year, it'll be about how much weight we've lost! Yay! :D

Oh, and Jane... well done! Your trip to Portugal is gonna be immense! :)

xx

Thanks pinkie last time we were all away together we were 19 and i was not scared of the bikini then ha

This valentines day can be about loving yourself for a change x

Thanks all for advice on hanging in there....I got off the bus & had that 10 seconds to decide if I was going into scotmid! While the whole time I was thinking I don't need anything and don't do it, I did :/

I don't why, perhaps feelings of loneliness or insecurity as I was away from home. I decided that if I really HAD to eat I'd get protien. I have demolished 2 packets of ham :( hope it's not knocked me out of ketosis, I'll check in morning :( think I maybe am not drinking enough either because I've already drunk loads but mouth is really dry!

Thanks guys your a great support x c

Ps my lighterlife counsellor off sick with flu so didn't want to bother her :/

Call me if you need to talk hun!!! Inbox me and I'll give you my number :)
As for lapsing... Hey, what's done is done. No point beating yourself up over it now. The main thing is to be able to learn from this experience so next time you get tempted you'll know what the trigger was and you'll be able to control it better.
Treat your lapse as a part of the learning process and your transformation.
I promise you with time you will get stronger. Just be patient and believe in yourself :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Last edited:
all been there

Jen - keep going. We have all lapsed at diets and that's why we are all here now ....but......as a wise old gentleman onec said to me 'never give up on sticking to it'. One lapse is not the end. Take one day at a time - that's what I am doing. I am not thinking too much into the future just about today.

Keep going - we are all in this day together and you never know - sometime in the future you may be saying the same thing to me.:553:

Thanks all ((hugs)). What wonderful people you are & I couldn't do this without you! Today is a fresh day :)

Hope you are all doing well x x

Hiya girlies, well I've had my mid week weigh in and have lost 9lb!! whoop, whoop! So pleased, I had to the weekly shop afterwards and o.h. is cooking some sausages at the minute they smell lovely, but hey I actually feel really good at this minute in time.

Jennifer sending you a big hug, keep going girl, you can do it!

xx Maxi xx

Back