January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

Welcome Jane!

RaeB - you'll see me at Val's group on tuesday :)

I'm on Day 8 today and am feeling miles better - skin looks better, dry patches gone, belly deflated because it's not full of rubbish, sleeping better (although must stop drinking water late in the evening!!). I feel great on this diet. I need to capture how "springy" i feel at the moment and remember this in times of weakness!

The ketostix are one of the things that are commonly misinterpreted :) I just hate the thought of anyone drinking too much because of them!

Back again

Hi everyone

I am a returner to LL after some success 4 years ago. I lost 3 stone then and felt good but didn't return after Christmas and now am 21lbs heavier than when I started the last time. I feel really strong at the moment and ready to give this a really good go at this. ;)
Started on Monday and have WI next Monday. 5 days in am not too bad but sometimes hesitate to say it in case I fail again and all these words come back to haunt me. I am hoping using the forum will help and if I can post regularly will help keep me motivated. Time for Project Me!

Well, guys, I'm officially "normal" as of this evening's weigh in. Can't quite believe it. My last week of abstinence and then I'm moving on to Lite to get the last few pounds off before RTM. Wow. I'm a bit emotional and overwhelmed. Got my "before" and "after" photos today and it was a bit of a shocker - need to scan them in next week!

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone on this forum. I'm not going anywhere (!) but just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone's support xxx

Get in!!!!!!
I'm soooo proud of you Hun! And still waiting to make you over! ;)
Go Spangly! :)

That's fantastic! Well done & what an inspiration :) can't wait to see your before & after pics x

welcome all the newbies.... was at work all day yesterday then out with work so wasnt on since early morning and was shocked to see more people. i love the encouragement on here.
well day 3 today, ni stix to test but my goodness im wide eyed and bushy tailed with smelly breath. think the big K is here lol. when my partner gags when giving me my morning kiss, that normally is a sign haha.
i said i was out with work last nyt and was out for a meal ( i took my bar and water flavourings so i could remain totally abstinant and i succeeded!!) i had to defend myself and was feeling quite down that noone could support me, i totally saw that it was more a problem for them that i wasnt eating than me. so i texted my councellor for a wee bit of encouragement and this is what she text back...

"they wont be there to see you looking like the most beautiful bride in the world! but youll be able to show them the photos of your weeding day and remember that by just staying abstinant for this time will make that possible! you know you can do it, just believe in yourself as much as i do!"

how fab is she?? i recited that to them last nyt and that shut them up about my choices. hehe. we were out for a mans retirement after 31 years in the one store (had to retire early as was going blind) and they were all discussing my weight loss!!! i thought we shouldve been concentrating on him.
woke up this morning feeling great for abstaining and as someone said on here food will always be here when im done. one day closer to my goal.
have a good day everyone xx

That's a lovely message of support from
Your counsellor Carrie, she sounds great! Glad you managed to abstain too, I'd have found that tricky.

Yes, have a good weekend everyone. I used to find weekends the hardest but not at the moment while I'm in 'the zone'.....I will succeed this time :D

Off to wrap up warm & walk my dogs, it's been snowing again here.

Hello All

Day 5 for me today and so far so good, no hunger at all which is always a bonus, really had to remind myself to have my 4th pack last night. Last night was interesting as I had a friend over who obviously ate dinner, drank wine, then sat and ate some very naughty things ( shant mention as v tempting) She staid over and ate something even worse for breakfast!!! I am however proud to say I didnt waiver, and stuck to it all 100%. Feel quite proud of myself today, its a silly small thing really, as being a chef I work with food all day, but have been off for a few days so havent had the temptation to deal with. I knew that by starting whilst I was off I would have a whole week to get into it before returning to work which is sensible. Hope you are all having a wonderful wonderful abstinent weekend, and doing fabulous things. I might head out tonight, just for a bit of a confidence boost, as feeling kinda low after the recent man disaster.

J
xx

Whoop 9lb off this week :)

:wavey:Just wanted to say welcome to Jane & hi to millymollyme!

I'm new here myself, 1st time on LL... 5 and a half weeks in so far... We can do it, huh? :D

And congrats spanglymum! That's so great, don't blame you for feeling tad emotional! What an amazing achievement... Well done! Looking forward to the before/after pics too! :)

...and carrie! So great that you got the support you needed, and stuck to your guns at your meal... and yes, the food isn't going anywhere... it'll still be there when you're done! That thought is what helps me stay abstinent, for sure... :)

...and Jezebella! Going well! You should be proud of yourself... and you work as a chef? Wow... really impressed with your determination... hope it's not to tough when you get back to work! :)

...and futuryummymummy!! 9lb's?! Wow! Whooop indeed!! Go you! :D

Nice wrk FYM! 9lb is a fab start!

Hi everyone :)

Carrie well done on abstaining I know its hard but what a kick you get the next day - the feeling is amazing isn't it! :D

Futureyummymummy well done on your weight loss you go girl!

Jennifer no snow here but its a good exercise walking the dogs isn't it, I've got 2 dogs myself both nutters so I can't take them out at the same time, but hey, more exercise!

Spangly - omg bet your really pleased and I'd love to see your pics, I find it amazing seeing all the before and after pics, I had my pic took this week and can't wait to get to the after photo lol!

To everyone else I haven't mentioned hope you are all doing well :)

Well its coming to the end of day 3 for me and I've found this evening difficult but okish, I guess i've got into the routine of having nibbles, treats at the weekend so feeling it a little more, but not to the extent that I would ruin the diet.

I feel like I might be in ketosis, having my half week weigh in tomorrow morning so wish me luck! xx Maxi xx

Oooh, good luck Maxi! :) x

Back