January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

My keto stix showed I was in ketosis yesterday which was day 4 for me on LL. Also last night I tried the mousse mix using a blender - put 200ml of sparkling water into blender, add food pack and then add 2 teaspoons of mousse mix. Put in fridge for 10mins and it was a perfect mousse - no strings or lumps x

Hi and thanks for the info regarding ketosis. Tomorrow will be my day 4 so will test again tomorrow & hopefully that'll be me...

Must try the mouse mix when I get paid, sounds good for a change :) x

Morning all

Day 4 for me today, and i peed on the stick again, yesterday I was def in ketosis, but today it shows not?? weird, will check tomorrow when I do a pop in with the LLC. No hunger at all though, so perhaps I wasnt fully into K yesterday??? All very odd... still onwards and forwards. All this talk of mousse mix makes me want to get some next week to try, although I do love the shakes as they are. Have a great day all!!!

J
xx

Hi Ladies, glad to hear that you're all positive and in the groove. Shoot me down in flames, I know I shouldn't do it, but I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 5.5lbs since Tuesday morning - woohoo! My jeans are now bearable to wear, rather than garrotting me in two (probably all the bloating gone). I think my liver loves me again, having seen the reference to foie gras in a programme the other night, it all made sense to me.

I also read back through my notes from last time and still can't believe some of the things I wrote in there about how quickly clothes fitted and then became too big and boots that I could wear and do the zip up. It is clear that I didn't give myself enough time being slim for it to be 'normal' and for me to accept it.

So...has anybody else noticed anything different yet? Skin better from all the water, less bloating? I think we should shout out loud when we get these moments to encourage each other.

Hi Rachel, very inspiring post & glad to hear your feeling better already! :)

I am only on day 3 & don't feel that much difference to be honest :/ I'm sure by tomorrow I'll defo be in ketosis & burning fat! Hopefully by next week I'll feel better but at the moment I'm feeling quite bagged up with the water. I obviously didn't drink enough yesterday as had really bad cramp in my leg during the night!

Now you mentioned the things you noticed like clothes becoming looser & changing clothes sizes quickly it's all coming back to me :)

I was too quick to give up all the recent times I've tried but on it 100% now x

...day 3 for me, there were 'traces' of ketones in my urine judging by ketosticks but don't know 'how' pink the stick needs to go?! Does anyone know? Surely day 3 I should be fully in ketosis or is it day 4?
Jen...

According to our LLC, any traces of pink means you are in ketosis. If you were not, there would be no trace. So light pink is great! The fact that is it light or dark on the stick just indicated how hydrated you are. So, dark purple doesn't mean you're more in ketosis... just that you are a little dehydrated... She likes to see light pink when we pee on the stick for her at our group! :D

Hope that helps... xx

Also last night I tried the mousse mix using a blender - put 200ml of sparkling water into blender, add food pack and then add 2 teaspoons of mousse mix. Put in fridge for 10mins and it was a perfect mousse - no strings or lumps x
Hmm... must have just been me then! Lol...

Can't believe I'm even a bad cook on LL! Old habits die hard I guess! Lol... :rolleyes:

I'll give it another go then! :)

Aww brilliant thanks, that makes sense :) also what day it is I can start having bars? Would really like one but don't want to have one too soon x

Yes, I have noticed lots of changes in my body and skin since starting LL. I'm a bit further in than some of you but I remember after a month or so my skin improved so drastically I could finally swap foundation for a tinted moisturiser for the first time in my life (i'm a make-up artist so it's a big deal for me).
Also bloating went away pretty much straight away and that uncofortable rumbling in the tummy after you eat something really heavy.
The only negative side effect I've noticed (only recently) was hair loss.
I know it's only temporary and I have a lot of it so I'm not that worried (yet)

@Jennifer.. as soon as you're in ketosis, you can start having bars. Although I had one on day 2 and I was still fine.

Hi everyone i'm a posting virgin so please be patient with me.

I started the diet at the end of October had a break over christmas and started back today. I lost 20lb put 2lb back on over christmas (which i am pleased about cause i went mad). A lady at the group last night mentioned this site and how supportive you all are. I wanted to start lighterlife after new year but was so upset with some pictures from friends wedding i just couldn't wait. So glad i did. Its the easiest and the hardest diet i have ever done but you get the best results.

:wavey: Hey Jane...

Welcome! Relative newbie on here myself, although an old pro on forums... ;)

Great news on your loss's so far... and on just having a tiny gain over xmas... Really pleased for you... :)

This forum seems great... everyone is very supportive and clearly have a good sense of humour! Both things are essential with this kinda diet I think! Looking forward to following your progress too!

xx

Good for you Jane,
:welcome2:
You'll soon get used to us.
Good luck. Keep posting.

Just thought i'd have a quick look at site this afternoon and was hooked on everyones journey and how motivating the diaries are. 3hrs later no housework or kids tea sorted ha

Thanks feel really welcome. Looking forward to Ketosis i had a slight headache last time some of you having it much harder but in a few days you will feel great

Can I just make a point about the ketostix. If they go dark pink doesn't mean you're dehydrated I drink 6/7liters of water a day and when I'm in ketosis the sicks go the darkest of dark pinks it's more a purple. So just because it's dark doesn't mean you need to drink more!

Emma x

Can I just make a point about the ketostix. If they go dark pink doesn't mean you're dehydrated I drink 6/7liters of water a day and when I'm in ketosis the sicks go the darkest of dark pinks it's more a purple. So just because it's dark doesn't mean you need to drink more!

Emma x
Ooh, cheers Emma for that... Our LLC had said about the dehydrated thing, so was just quoting her... but happy to be corrected... :)

In fact, last time I weighed in, I'd gone to the loo before I left home, stupidly, so when I arrived and had to pee on the stick for the LLC, I kind of had to force a few drops out! hehe... (sorry to be graphic!) And the stick was purple! And like you say, I was not dehydrated, as had been drinking like a fish all day... So, yes, agree... :D

xx

In fact, last time I weighed in, I'd gone to the loo before I left home, stupidly, so when I arrived and had to pee on the stick for the LLC, I kind of had to force a few drops out! hehe... (sorry to be graphic!)

LOL been there done that :8855:

Thanks magiclove for confirming about bars, think i'll have one for tea as feeling a bit like eating something crunchie.

Since coming home from work, the thought went through my head i could have something to eat :mad: BUT have just gone and got a huge pint of water to bag me up a bit until time for a bar and a cup of mint tea :D *trots off all proud of myself*

Actually REALLY feeling the cold tonight so fingers crossed thats me in ketosis :D

Back