Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Yeah! I'm sure my consultant may have the odd shake or the odd CD ready meal in her day to day life just to sort of stay on track and monitor it, and also weighs herself once a week so that if she starts to go up at all due to any occasions such as a holiday, she then catches it early so that she knows not to maybe have as many carbs etc! So yeah I hope it's something we all get to learn and do, as the whole yo yo dieting can't be good!

Some consultants are super inspirational aren't they! I really like mine, we're sort of friends now, but she goes through binge / fast phases to maintain and ideally I wouldn't do that! Having said that, she's still within 1/2 stone of her target 3 years on so I'd rather do that than what I'm doing now! How you feeling?

I think my family are trying to kill me - currently at posh pub (for research in theory - we're licensing one this year) and they have ordered all the scruptious food in the universe!

be strong!!! you can do it!

I think my family are trying to kill me - currently at posh pub (for research in theory - we're licensing one this year) and they have ordered all the scruptious food in the universe!

You can stay strong - you know from experience that the feeling you get from the food will be totally overwhelmed by the guilt after. You'll be so happy tomorrow having stayed on plan.

:sigh:Oh dear!! Just talkin to.my fella cuddled up watching darts and he turns his head and says OMG YOUR BREATH STINKS OF SHI*!!!! LOL... ive had to brush my teeth lucky he sees the funny side

Oh wow yes MissAma as all the girls have said stay strong, the more of these hard moments u go for, the stronger u feel for the next!
Yeah i know! My consultant is in her 50's I would say and I think she has her bmi limit say, 10 stone and never let's herself go above that! Over the Christmas period she limited herself to like 3 glasses of wine a day and like, one naughty treat a day or something along them lines! So that's the kinda constraint I would love to have for special occasions rather than completely falling off the wagon if it's someone's birthday or a night out or ,meal.
Also not sure if everyone's consultant does it but something mine does is even once your at goal weight and maintenance, she suggests to go for monthly weigh ins rather than weekly, ur still welcome to buy products if u want one on the odd occasion but having the monthly weigh ins should hopefully at the back of ur head make u want to be gd and stay on track! I may try and do that when I first hit maintenance until I am confident in managing it on my own!
Yeah it's hard coz everyone knows their own body and knows what works but like u say fast/bingeing doesn't sound the healthiest!

Haha Skellybob!!! On the plus side that's a sign of ketosis :D silver lining!! X

Oops Skellybob :rolleyes:

Just spoken to The Hubster. He is in a hotel in Manchester, the fog is at his destination so that's why he's stuck.

:sigh2::9529:I know lol my ketostix are very purple so defo in ketosis i told him to shut it n went n brushed my teeth lol bless. Its bad tho im a phlebotomist so have to get close to people and when they talk to me i have to reply so im gonna stink errrrrr

Lol Awww maybe get some sugar free gum just for work if ur feeling conscious! Lucky I work behind a desk and phone so no one has to suffer haha

I get SO paranoid about my breath especially as my husband is more than happy to tell me when it reeks ha. To be fair though, there are worse side effects!

Definitely! It's a small price to pay!

Not sure about anyone else but other than hunger I feel like the evenings are quite boring! Not sure if it is a come down since christmas but our evenings are like cooking a nice meal or going out for dinner or any type of social plans but, as have to put a stop to that for a while I'm sorta scraping for things to do, spesh being fri or sat night :(

Lol defo i know what you mean guys bita bad breath is a small price ive not felt hungry at all 2day quite impressed! Its the feelin of not eating and being full thats the killer how u lot getting on 2day??

Not sure about anyone else but other than hunger I feel like the evenings are quite boring! Not sure if it is a come down since christmas but our evenings are like cooking a nice meal or going out for dinner or any type of social plans but, as have to put a stop to that for a while I'm sorta scraping for things to do, spesh being fri or sat night :(

Without a doubt, thats exactly what I'm feeling too. We love going for pub lunches and dinners and having 'date nights' with food and cinema and its hard going without that! While we could just do the cinema, cinema food is so tempting and I'm too early on in plan to deal with that. BUT like I've said a few times (to convince myself more than anything!) all of those things will still be there in a couple of months, and guilt free.

Yeah ur so right, that's what I said to my fella, it's only going to be a short while, moving up the steps we can start to go out for meals I just need to trust myself to make the right choices etc. it will be interesting as we all move up the steps how we all handle the social aspect, what we have chosen to eat and drink etc. as for the first step it's pretty much no food and no life lol

Yeah ur so right, that's what I said to my fella, it's only going to be a short while, moving up the steps we can start to go out for meals I just need to trust myself to make the right choices etc. it will be interesting as we all move up the steps how we all handle the social aspect, what we have chosen to eat and drink etc. as for the first step it's pretty much no food and no life lol

Yes I do think it's easier in a way on this step, as there are no hard choices to make. I might continue to avoid meals out on the steps as its sooo hard to stick to cals even with 'healthy' meals in restaurants. Theres no harm in big meals every so often once we're at goal, its just not having the big meal and then pick and mix in the cinema!!

Yeah definitely! Even salads have dressings ect. As I moved up the steps last time I did eat out on the odd occasion and make good choices (diet cokes, fish dishes etc) but it did slow down weight losses, it's the compromise ya make I guess! We just need to do woteva works and stick to it! :)

Back