Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Skellybob don't worry you will be fine!! What I would do is treat it as step 2 so today still have your 3 products but have your small meal so basically a small bit of meat and veg and yes avoid the carbs! That won't set you back at all! Iv been on step 2, so doing exactly that since Thursday and I had a sneak on the scales and have lost 2lbs already so you will be fine!! Just feel lovely all dressed up today knowing your on your way to the slim new you :)

Sorry haven't been online much this week, work has been so crazy!!

Had my weigh in yesterday and delighted to say that I have lost 9lbs!! Woohoo :) I still have a lot to lose but my mini goal is to get back to 12 stone 11 which was as far as I managed to get last time, so less that a stone to go now which is great.

Am feeling so much better, not really craving any food and managed to go to the pub with friends last night, not drink and not eat any of the massive bowl of mini cheddars which were on the table and listen to how they've all been pigging out all week whilst feeling quite smug!!!

Skellybob don't panic about today, order whatever the most fish or meat heavy option is, even if it's steak or something, and just don't eat the sides. I have often been in situations like that and I always just say I'll have the steak or lamb or whatever but just with salad. That definitely won't take you out of Ketosis so don't panic. It might slow your weight loss down marginally due to slightly higher calories but really not a lot.

My overall goal is feeling a bit daunting at the moment- I am so in the zone but have to go to Milan for 2 weeks with work, where I will be on my feet for a minimum of 12 hours a day and I really don't think I will be able to stick to sole source, and more importantly no wine- we always drink when we go onsite. I just need to be careful not to end up on a binge like normal! Hoping to do packs during the day, a low carb meal in the eve and then no more than 2 glasses of wine a night- hopefully with all the exercise I won't put on any weight that way.

Am going for a walk with a friend today (we would normally go out for lunch on a saturday) so that's hopefully a good way not to be bothered about food :) I'm actually finding sticking to the diet a lot easier this time round with the mix of the exante and the Cambridge because I feel like I've got so much more choice. Will be having Exante pancakes for breakfast today and then spaghetti bolognaise with some chilli in it for lunch which actually feel like real meals :)

Glad to hear everyone else has had great first weeks as well! I am determined not to buy new clothes until I reach my first mini goal of 12 stone 11... hope that comes around quick as I am a shopping addict!!!!!

Oh that's good to know as normally they are quite strict. I am going to Singapore, when I asked my consultant she just said take them in your hand luggage encase, I was only going to take the shake packets, nothing ready made.
Oh yes definitely you will loose weight and feel 10 times better, although you will consume more on the higher steps, it's will be all good calories that your body needs and none of the rubbish our body was used to!
I would have thought you were better to put them in your hold luggage as they are so strict about what you can take in your hand luggage?

Well done!!!

Oh and I take products with me every time I fly in my hold luggage and have never had a problem- fly every month or two for work so really don't think you'll have an issue. The only place I would be dubious about is the US as they are SO strict.

Thanks so much guys ok so ill have the meat or fish then and just no carbs at all and im on water fuk them ill still have a good time! Im going to feel ao awkward sayin can i have meat n veg ill ask for it plane too no sauces or anything i jist dont wanna end up with a dicky tummy to! Thanks girls again sorry i havent bin on its none stop atm xx

That's great Dawnvalentine sounds like you are doing so well!!! Well done on being good at the pub and going for a walk today! All them changes are what makes a huge difference and on the right track to a healthy new lifestyle! Yeah for Milan maybe take yourself up a few steps and still avoid heavy carbs. Be careful with the wine only was on CD for 5 weeks before my hen do, I was on step 3 and I went to Marbella, went out drinking the first night and I was so so ill, think my body wasn't used to the alcohol calories and calories in general! So like you say maybe limit yourself to the odd glass if you can :)

Yeh, think that will be the hardest bit- all the boys love the fact that I as big a drinker as they are and they full expect me to get trashed with the every night and get on the tables dancing or something crazy :) will be hard to be a bit more boring but worth it in the long run! Hopefully I won't feel quite so awful getting up at 5am every morning! Think I will load my Ipad up with lots of programmes to watch so if I do need to take myself off to bed to avoid these situations then I won't be sat there feeling like I am missing out!! This job does not lend itself well to the diet as people know what you are eating 24 hours a day and feel the need to comment! Will just need to keep a strong head :)

Yeah I'm in two minds really allneedles, I know it's extreme but I wouldn't want to put them in my hold luggage then I end up getting my entire case checked and pulled aside etc, that's why I was thinking if I put them in my hand luggage and I do have to have them confiscated, then it will be less dramas if that makes sense.

Dawnvalentine that sounds quite positive then if that's what you normally do, I'm flying to singapore and cruising to a few diff destinations so, hopefully I'm ok. I'm not too fussed about the money or even having them taken off me aspect, it's more the drama of getting all my case searched and making the whole process more stressful than it needs to be! Bit of a worrier when it comes to travelling lol

I second everyone's advice Skellybob. Have a great time!!

Day 6 for me. I walked the dog this morning but could feel I was running out of steam so the poor girl got a much shorter walk than normal. Need to work my way back up to the distances I used to take her.

Does anyone else have really achy legs? I am barely doing anything compared to what I am used to, yet I lie in bed at night feeling like I have ran 10 marathons!?!?

Yeh, think that will be the hardest bit- all the boys love the fact that I as big a drinker as they are and they full expect me to get trashed with the every night and get on the tables dancing or something crazy :) will be hard to be a bit more boring but worth it in the long run! Hopefully I won't feel quite so awful getting up at 5am every morning! Think I will load my Ipad up with lots of programmes to watch so if I do need to take myself off to bed to avoid these situations then I won't be sat there feeling like I am missing out!! This job does not lend itself well to the diet as people know what you are eating 24 hours a day and feel the need to comment! Will just need to keep a strong head :)
I hate the way people are so judgemental about your diet and your body. Well done for staying determined!

I know what you mean you don't want people to think ur the party pooper etc but, there's no reason to still not go out and have a good time as like you say have an early night and watch a few movies if need be! It will be so worth it in the end when you can join them for a few drinks in a few months time all fit slim and healthy :) it will all be there when you finish

Haha yes very!!! Everyone thinks they're a bloody expert in nutrition!!! Everyone needs to find what works for them- not push what they think is best on everyone else!

Well done lubilu! Great loss.

Skellybob - I second the advice already offered. Protein (preferably chicken breast) and salad. Eat that and drink water or sparkling water and you'll be fine!

Ginabeany - great loss so far!! I'm a sneaky weigher too ha.

Dawnvalentine - great loss!! I'm glad you're sounding so positive and doing so well. Id say just low carb on your trip but try not to drink, just make an excuse like you're having a dry January if you don't want to mention the diet.

Allneedles - glad you're feeling good! I get very achy legs the first couple of weeks and do no exercise so I googled it and its to do with ketosis (I can't remember why!)

Weigh in for me soon ladies, ill update after :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I'm feeling rubbish and v sorry for myself today...lacking in energy, generally feeling blurgh, finding it hard to concentrate on anything :(

I have that little voice in my head saying "you wouldn't feel like this on a diet with food..." But hanging on in there.

Dawn valentine...what job do you do?ive used the dry January excuse a few times!

Skellybob, protein meal fine, good luck :)

I'm going out to dinner later and was going to treat myself to a protein meal but we're going to Pizza Hut :/ and I don't think they do anything suitable! Maybe salad bar, or more likely, a bar...

I'm also going to the cinema, but may be a real saddo and take a flask of tea with sweetener to keep me warm and full.

I really feel the need to be out of the house today, not sure why, so now I'm sitting in costa with a book and a black tea. I'm not bothered by the food, tbh. I'm not sure why I couldn't settle at home. Just feeling weird today.

Seriously, I read threads on here about people running and all sorts on this diet...how do they get the energy????

I'm flopped in an armchair with just enough energy to lift my book!!!

Seriously, I read threads on here about people running and all sorts on this diet...how do they get the energy????

I'm flopped in an armchair with just enough energy to lift my book!!!
Keep going Dietninja! You are doing so well. I was really craving some food earlier but it seems to have passed with the help of a huge bucket of tea.

i know what you mean about the energy. My poor dog! We would usually do about 7000 steps on our daily walk. She didn't get one at all Thursday and Friday and only managed less than 3000 this morning.

Good of job knitting is a sedentary pastime!!

Dawn valentine...what job do you do?ive used the dry January excuse a few times!

Skellybob, protein meal fine, good luck :)

I'm going out to dinner later and was going to treat myself to a protein meal but we're going to Pizza Hut :/ and I don't think they do anything suitable! Maybe salad bar, or more likely, a bar...

I'm also going to the cinema, but may be a real saddo and take a flask of tea with sweetener to keep me warm and full.

I really feel the need to be out of the house today, not sure why, so now I'm sitting in costa with a book and a black tea. I'm not bothered by the food, tbh. I'm not sure why I couldn't settle at home. Just feeling weird today.

I am a freelance logistics manager for large corporate events- we have over 8000 people coming to Milan and my job is to look after all the flights/ catering/ hotel and transfers for the 500 crew who are working on it, a little on the stressful side :) It's a funny industry- we work so hard but also people like to party very hard too! Maybe I will try and save myself for our crew party on the last night, that is one opportunity that I'm not missing out on! I will still need to take it easy on the wine though, as I don't want to end up on the floor!!! I find it quite hard because I love wine more than food so if I am surrounded by people drinking I don't think I will be able to say no! Everyone knows this as well which doesn't help!! I will be happy if I manage to not drink on say half the nights I am there- it will still be a huge improvement on the normal bottle of wine a night for 10 days! I think I just need to get through the week having not put on any weight (not fussed about losing any whilst away) and I will be over the moon!

Have you tired the exante carbonara yet? Think that's my new fave product!!!

My energy levels have gone back up today (Day 9)- hopefully yours will too! Haven't really tried doing much exercise though as I want to be able to just stay awake and feel ok for now! Pizza hut is going to be a huge challenge but I'm sure the salad bar will be fine and maybe treat yourself to a diet coke for something different! I took a bar into the cinema before but chopped it up into lots of small pieces and put it in the fridge before hand so it was really chewy and that was good to feel like I was having a bit of a treat in there still :)

Its a funny one, the energy thing, I've got tons of motivation and 'mental energy' to get stuff done, but I can't manage much physical stuff without getting tired. Some people will disagree but I really really don't think exercise is worth it on SS - exhausting and seems for most people to lead to smaller losses as the muscles retain water for recovery.

Dawnvalentine - you just have to do what feels right for you. I know from personal experience even 1 day off plan (whether that's SS or attempting a higher step just for the day) is lethal for me, and I end up going totally off the rails. If you've had days off in the past, enjoyed them, and got straight back on track then its worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back