Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

EURGH I've just come on! So bloody irritated, I'm on the pill and not on my pill break so this should not be happening. It happened last flipping time too. I think last time I stepped up to Step 2 and it rectified it but I don't want to do Step 2 yet :(

I had exactly the same, when I first started Cambridge I came on but wasn't on my pill break. I've since had 2 pill breaks and had nothing. did u mention it to your CDC??

I had exactly the same, when I first started Cambridge I came on but wasn't on my pill break. I've since had 2 pill breaks and had nothing. did u mention it to your CDC??

Yeah it's a known side effect that cambridge can totally mess up your periods. All to do with hormones stored in fat I think, so rapid weight loss releases a load of extra hormones (that's my understanding anyway).

Tiggemma also said last night its to do with the pill not being properly absorbed on a VLCD and as such, not working properly.

I'm not too worried about using extra protection with my husband (although he might be ha!) but its just massively irritating and I feel weaker for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yeah it's a known side effect that cambridge can totally mess up your periods. All to do with hormones stored in fat I think, so rapid weight loss releases a load of extra hormones (that's my understanding anyway).

Tiggemma also said last night its to do with the pill not being properly absorbed on a VLCD and as such, not working properly.

I'm not too worried about using extra protection with my husband (although he might be ha!) but its just massively irritating and I feel weaker for it.

Oh no didn't realise it wouldn't work properly how scary!!!!! So should we really be having pill breaks?

Feeling really good this morning :) Walked the dog, over 6000 steps which is over 5k and I even managed the big hill! Work this afternoon. Have a good day everyone!

Well I'm not sure really. Its suggested we use extra protection but I went to see a pharmacist this morning and she said she doesn't agree there's any scientific basis for the pill not being absorbed on Cambridge and she thinks its just advised to cover their backs if someone does fall pregnant.

It makes sense that it increases fertility for those not on the pill but I'm not exactly sure of the basis for the pill being less effective. Better safe than sorry I suppose!

OH YESS!!! And who is the skinny b***h who has just got into her skinny fit black work trousers!?!?!?!? :p

Lol allneedles you are on an absolute roll!!!!! Well done you on walk and the skinny jeans!!
Good to know Jo1989! Like you say better safe than sorry! Must admit I haven't been on the pill for yrs! Just never liked being on it :( so am just always careful! Don't necessarily want kids just yet but If it happens im at the age and stage in my life where it wouldn't be a nightmare!
Hope everyone's having a great day!

Lol go u!!!

Pissed off scales at work saying only 2lb loss but ghen agaim i did eat on the weekend even tho it waa off the ss+menu and i have the odd tuna not had egg for ages still. I hope i can do A pound for weigh in tomorrow will b happy with 3lb ish

Then again ive still fot 10 weeks till my hen do thsts still 20 pound at 2 lb a week !

Am feeling hungry today...not sure why...not overwhelmingly so but it's the first day in a few where I've actually noticed its lunchtime...

Did my first weekly weigh in this morning, 10lbs down! VERY pleased with that, I have been very strict and I walk about a mile a day to/from work etc.. and drink plenty of water. Now the trick is to not get too carried away and realistic with next weeks weigh-in, I don't think I'm going to get anywhere near that again due to water loss etc... Well done to everyone else on their losses :)

Well done Josh that's such a good first week result!! It's good that you do all the walking as well!
However big or small the losses are, remember people it's still a loss and still in the right direction :)

I felt like this yday hun i actually ended up crying it got that bad thank god i didn't give in u will get past it

My consultant said that week 2 can be just a loss of half a pound as the body fights against you to keep the fat. But then it will start to come off again as it just has to give up the fight in the end. So I am thinking in my own mind I will only lose the half pound and if it is more then its a bonus.

Maybe I look like I am starving to death and need feeding up because people kept offering me food at school today!! Bacon and egg sandwich, marshmallows, crisps and Haribos!! No thank you people :)

Did my first weekly weigh in this morning, 10lbs down! VERY pleased with that, I have been very strict and I walk about a mile a day to/from work etc.. and drink plenty of water. Now the trick is to not get too carried away and realistic with next weeks weigh-in, I don't think I'm going to get anywhere near that again due to water loss etc... Well done to everyone else on their losses :)

That's brill! Well done! And even though it'll be smaller next week at least you'll know it was fat not water coming off :)

Well done Josh!!

Aww no Paigesmum that's horrible! My dad had that before, hope your ok! Have the docs advised u to not do the cambridge diet again?
Had a weak moment tonight :( iv been perfect for the whole 2 weeks but said to my hubby id make him a homemade meatball sub sandwich (stupid I know) admittedly I had a tiny bit of the meatball to try the taste and see if it was cooked, and a bite turned into the whole meatball :( it was only small and tasted so good but annoyed with myself, such a pointless thing! Grrrrrrr

Yes, she said if I continue it will just keep happening. Never had a problem doing atkins or lighterlife but she did say it was the packs that were doing it, not ketosis. So i'll keep doing low carb and I'm in the zone now.

Don't worry about a meatball, I'm sure it won't be any difference at all. At least you stopped at one! x

Back