Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Really sad to hear that Paigesmum but you need to do what keeps you healthy x

That's so strange and sad it's had that effect on you! Did your consultant have much to say on it? Like had she heard that effect before?
Definitely number one thing is for you to be healthy, and hopefully a normal healthy diet will help to clear up the gout and stop it coming back

Paigesmum, sorry to hear your news. I didn't know that gout was even a potential side effect....its such a shame.

Josh, well done!!! Great loss!

Allneedles! Get you with your walking and your skinny trousers!! You rock!

Ginabeany...no worries about the meatball...I'd have probably scoffed the sandwich! I made my husband and son sausage and mash this evening with really nice sausages....wanted to cry !! (And eat everything)...The temptation when you have to cook for others is nigh on overwhelming!

Saw my consultant last night and she read through her book and gout was in there. She actually said I had to come out of ketosis and do a higher level (recommended by Cambridge) but she also said I need to see the doc which I did today. Such a shame but to be fair I'm in absolute agony and won't put myself through this again. I' m only 35 so didn't think I could even get it lol

Paigesmum - so sorry to hear about the gout :( have you considered dukan? I hear weight loss is almost as good...

Ginabeany - well done for stopping at one! You'll be fine on that :)

I finished the cardi today :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I know! I love cooking for people and I miss it! I thought I could be super strong but clearly not! Weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed I have lost at least something!

Definitely Paigesmum nothing's worth ur health! And yes u are so young! My dad got it but he is 50 lol

That's amazing all needles! You are so talented. If you were related to me is constantly be asking you to knit me stuff! Well done for making the deadline!

That's amazing all needles! You are so talented. If you were related to me is constantly be asking you to knit me stuff! Well done for making the deadline!
Thanks!! It has kept me occupied!

So talented!! Lovely bit of work allneedles!!

Wow allneedles... thats fabulous!

Good luck tomorrow Ginabeany!

Evening all! Hope everyone is doing OK

paigesmum, I'm so sorry to hear that you've got gout. It's not age related at all, but it is a known side effect of some VLCDs. That sucks, particularly as you were doing so well. I know that it can be excruciatingly painful - has the doctor given you some gout tablets to eradicate it quickly?

allneedles- that is just fabulous! You are so clever, to knit like this is such a skill. I'm sure everyone on here is hoping you'll knit us all something- can I get in line? !

I cooked a big pan of chili for my husband today and it was so difficult not testing it to check the seasoning. Had a bit of a 'fed up/bored with not eating' sort of day today. Nothing drastic, but I'm glad it's nearly over. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Has anyone tried the Risotto yet? I got one in my supply to try this week. My consultant says it needs soaking for 30 minutes before microwaving! And that it's very Marmite, - love or hate. Anyone tried it? I love the spag bol.

Good luck for tomorrow ginabeany!
X

Everyone seems to be doing so well :) Looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in results!

Paigesmum- sorry about the gout :( Impressed you're still staying committed to weight loss though!

Ginabeany- don't even worry about one meatball, no way that'll have any impact.

Allneedles - I WANT A CARDI!!

Oh no paiges mum thats terrible news hope your ok and can find another diet for u! I never heard of getting gout from the cambride diet :/ bless.

Allneedles OMG thats so awesome i cant believe u can do that it looks fab!!!! Really talented :)

Ginabeany omg 1 meatball u sound like me with eggs ahhaha 1 meatball won't make a blind bit of difference at least u stopped like the other guys said!!
Its good 2 hear about the second week weight loss i am dreading mine tomorrow now :/ feeling so tired too atm!
Ive started ss+ tonight guy's gonna have a small meal off the menu i think this will help me as tonight i had a small prawn salad from the ingredients and i feel satisfied now that ive had tea its psychological i think 4 me. Washing my plates preparing dinner etc helps me ..ordered the bars 2moro too yayaayyaya cannot wait 2 try :) xx

Hun do u ever cook the marrow? Any ideas on how to cook it healthy that taste nice lol. Also do u use the 1 calorie spray instead of oil i was told u can have balamic vinegar and low cal dressing is this right do u know ? I need ideas to make with this food ive asked my nan to see hw much a quorn sauage weighs ahhaha it says any quorn so guessing u can eat one? Xx

I know i haven't commented much, but just wanted to say what fantastic weight losses everyone has had!

I find that reading this forum is so motivating! Ive never tried doing a diet which is so strict and was very nervous to whether id be able
to stick to it, but with determination and reading your encouraging comments i am now on day 11! (i normally fall of the wagon within the first week)

Back