Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Well done Becksy on your loss even though u had a few days off plan! And ur bday is a gd enough excuse to have a treat, I would!! Probably helped that u got back on plan straight away!

Definitely keep us updated Jo, although I'm sure it will be that ur doing brilliantly still!
Iv been ok and all on track but feeling totally bloated and rubbish, I'm a few days late on my period which is probably why, trying to keep positive but not feeling totally confident about weigh day Saturday, feel like iv put on half a stone in pure bloat! U know the moods where u just feel like dressing in the biggest baggiest clothes! So yeah it's been a scruffy week in work lol. Xx

Well done Becksy on your loss even though u had a few days off plan! And ur bday is a gd enough excuse to have a treat, I would!! Probably helped that u got back on plan straight away!

Definitely keep us updated Jo, although I'm sure it will be that ur doing brilliantly still!
Iv been ok and all on track but feeling totally bloated and rubbish, I'm a few days late on my period which is probably why, trying to keep positive but not feeling totally confident about weigh day Saturday, feel like iv put on half a stone in pure bloat! U know the moods where u just feel like dressing in the biggest baggiest clothes! So yeah it's been a scruffy week in work lol. Xx

Thing is, if you're on plan, at some point your body will have to shed the fat, so even if you have a smaller loss or sts it's only water weight, which will be gone soon enough. I think we always feel much heavier than we are too. Ive noticed from step 3 onwards that I always feel really fully and heavy even though I'm not! I actually 'feel' heavier now than I did 3 stone up but empty due to shakes and no food. It's prob a combo of bloat and that for you.

What I love about that plan is that if you follow it properly, you can't not succeed and lose weight!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yeah totally agree, u can't not lose weight, it's the only thing that's ever worked for me! Although probably the same with any eating plan, the minute u take ur eye off the ball, the weight will pile back on.
I'm normally on time, so being a few days late is probably while I'm feeling so bloated more than normal! I never look forward to totm weigh days but can't be helped! Like u say it will be water and the next week more will drop off!!

Just wanted to share a before and after photo for you all.

This is not just from this time. As in my signature I started this journey in 2013 then had to stop as I fell pregnant. Went back up to my original weight and started again.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1425660481.109699.jpg

Omg what a difference Bikinibody!! Well done!! U look brilliant! U must feel good looking back knowing how far uv come

To be honest I never really realised just how big I was. I really didn't think I had changed that much. But then I saw this photo and I was gobsmacked.
Now I feel so proud of myself for how much I have achieved. x

I know that's it you don't realise like, how unhealthy u/we were until u look back!! I guess people don't say anything at the time for wanting to be nice but sometimes I wish someone had said, u could do with loosing a few lbs!! How much more weight do u want to lose? :)

Yeah I wish someone had said how much weight I had put on but supposed it's hard to turn around and say it.
I'm not really sure. I didn't think I would get this far. I defo want to lose another 7lbs then think about toning up etc. Don't know if I will lose or gain with that. x

Yeah that's it, when I lost the majority of my weight my mum said, well u were quite big before but I didn't want to say too much, so I guess it is a sensitive thing for people to mention! I think aslong as we are healthy bmi's, you feel good in yourself, then that's the main thing! I think sometimes u can get quite obsessive over numbers so I try not to focus too much on the number, as I go through obsessive stages of getting on the scales everyday which isn't gd really! I know around the 9st Mark is when I feel the best so once I get down to that I'm going to concentrate on maintenance! I defo need to get toning tho aswel!

Well done BikiniBody - you look great!

I had to have my photo done this week for the magazine I will be in.image.jpg

I know what you all mean, but deep down, we all knew we needed to lose weight or we wouldn't have ended up here. I'm not sure if comments from other people help to motivate, or just hurt. Suppose it depends on the person really. I do know any comment like 'are you sure you want to eat all that' makes me want to eat twice as much!

Bikini body and allneedles, you're looking fantastic! Must feel great about yourselves.

How you all feeling about being on plan?

I also think people you see all the time who would be able to say something without offending you don't really notice like as it creeps on slowly.
I'm feeling good finding it much easier on step 2 knowing I'm getting a bit of food later and it's not seeming to have any effect on my losses x

I also think people you see all the time who would be able to say something without offending you don't really notice like as it creeps on slowly.
I'm feeling good finding it much easier on step 2 knowing I'm getting a bit of food later and it's not seeming to have any effect on my losses x

Yeah agreed. And you def don't want the random you see once a month to say 'bloody hell you've got fat' ha!! My mum likes to say 'how's the diet going' when I've put on weight and it drives me crazy because I know what she's getting at but she never directly says it.

It's a bit scary going up a step isn't it. I was always worried I'd have too much or it'd mess up my losses but it's amazing how quickly your body adjusts to what is still ultimately very low calorie. Glad you're finding it easier :)

Everyone's doing so well :) whatever made us make the start on this journey, for me it was my wedding, it's bought us here and making the best choices for ourselves now! Had my weigh in today and stayed the same, which at time of the month I'm happy with that, the way I'm feeling I half expected a gain so, bring on next week once the bloats gone down :)

Everyone's doing so well :) whatever made us make the start on this journey, for me it was my wedding, it's bought us here and making the best choices for ourselves now! Had my weigh in today and stayed the same, which at time of the month I'm happy with that, the way I'm feeling I half expected a gain so, bring on next week once the bloats gone down :)

Yeah all different motivations but what I think we all have in common is we're so much happier for tackling the issue :)

STS is perfect on Step 3 at totm! Id be well happy with that. You should get an amazing WI next week. You've had a very social couple of weeks too haven't you?

Definitely all so much happier!! Yeah that's the thing while on CD I tend to have no social life for the first 2 months to proper kick start, then when I'm up to step 3, I try not to make too many but if things crop up I just make the best choice possible and although it may hinder the weight losses slightly, I haven't had a gain while doing it so I think it works ok for me. Don't get me wrong it can be hard looking at everyone eating and drinking all what they want but, vodka sodas are suiting me ok for the moment lol

Definitely all so much happier!! Yeah that's the thing while on CD I tend to have no social life for the first 2 months to proper kick start, then when I'm up to step 3, I try not to make too many but if things crop up I just make the best choice possible and although it may hinder the weight losses slightly, I haven't had a gain while doing it so I think it works ok for me. Don't get me wrong it can be hard looking at everyone eating and drinking all what they want but, vodka sodas are suiting me ok for the moment lol

Yep it's all about balancing your life and what you feel you need to do to enjoy it with the plan and you're the perfect example of doing it really well!

I'm so looking forward to going out to dinner again after 11 solid weeks on plan! Only 1 week to go whoop! I'll be interested to see what water gain I get given I have followed the steps through. Think I'm going to still do a weekly weigh in here to keep on track.

Any big plans for March?

How long is the recommended time for each step. I have done step one for about 10 weeks with cheats and have now done step 2 for a week (no cheats)
How long should I stay on this step before moving onto step 3?
Also what type of food should I be eating on step 3 is it anything as long as it's under calories stated or is it still low carb? And from allowed food list only?
Sorry been searching website but can't find a clear answer x

I lost another lb on Step 5 taking me to 1lb below goal :)

Bikinibody - I did Step 2 for two weeks then did a week on each step. My plan was that if I stayed the same or gained on a step I'd do it for another week as my body would need more time to adjust. As it happened I lost 2 lb each week on Step2,3,4 and 1 lb on Step 5. Technically, you're supposed to do 2 weeks on each step, and if I'd been further from goal I would've done that.

As far as what you eat, carbs are really really important as the main point of the steps is the reintroduction of carbs so your body gets used to them again and doesn't retain a load of water. I don't follow the 'allowed foods' strictly but I am super strict about the cals/carbs being the same as the recommended food on each step. Its worked really well for me doing it that way, and I'd say if you've got the time, do 2 weeks each step to properly adjust.

Back