January 2016 exercise challenge

Damn, I now have a chest infection from the cold I have had. Have to shelve my fitness for it to clear a bit. Did anyone see BBC2 Michael Mosley last night? Interesting stuff on exercise.

Erghhh what do you know... I didn't go to the gym this morning. These mornings are killing me!!

Didn't get up yesterday or go last night, the weather just makes me want to be home drinking tea on the sofa :(

I need some motivation...

signed up for a 10k in april! need to pull my finger out running wise

Skipped yesterday...I mean I didn't do anything, not that I actually skipped!....as I felt like absolute you know what. Only a cold but felt rotten. I'm back to work today and hoping to feel up to some bouncing around later.

Damn, I now have a chest infection from the cold I have had. Have to shelve my fitness for it to clear a bit. Did anyone see BBC2 Michael Mosley last night? Interesting stuff on exercise.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Will look up the programme....please tell me that it confirms sitting on the sofa is all the exercise you need???!!

Erghhh what do you know... I didn't go to the gym this morning. These mornings are killing me!!

Didn't get up yesterday or go last night, the weather just makes me want to be home drinking tea on the sofa :(

I need some motivation...

How about something that's easier to maintain for now? Something you could do at home maybe?

signed up for a 10k in april! need to pull my finger out running wise

I'd struggle to walk 10K at the moment :(

Just about managed to get out of bed this morning. Feel ghastly.
That program was Trust me I'm a Doctor or I'm a Doctor Trust Me. Worth a watch. BBC2 Wednesday 8 p.m.
Monday 11th 8 p.m. is about the most effective diets. Not sure which channel.
Can't miss that.
We seem to be suffering from a general demise all round!!

How about something that's easier to maintain for now? Something you could do at home maybe?

I have plans to go to the gym tonight with a friend, then I need to go this weekend to make my three. Next week I have two classes booked in with a work friend so we are going straight from work, plus the place is just down the road so no excuse.... I want to find some fun classes to do, I fancy hula hooping or some kind of dancing....

Plan is to try and do a minimum of 30 mins on the Wii every day and try to complete the Beginner's Shred too.

Wii Workouts so far - 4/28 (started on 4 Jan!!)
Beginner's Shred - Day 3/30 completed

I have done nothing so far but the shaky legs have gone and feel slightly more human! Am going to check out Zumba is still running in the hall through the hedge 2 mins away. No excuses then!

Plan is to try and do a minimum of 30 mins on the Wii every day and try to complete the Beginner's Shred too.

Wii Workouts so far - 5/28 (started on 4 Jan!!)
Beginner's Shred - Day 3/30 completed

I started with a running group last February but have really only been able to do the full 5k in the last few weeks I developed severe shin splints when I was training to do ultra distance walks for charity last year. my fitness level was fairly good last year but I let it slip a bit at the end of the year

Really peed off here. Woke up at midnight and could barely swallow! May be good for some weight loss!! Every cloud has a silver lining. :cool:

Really peed off here. Woke up at midnight and could barely swallow! May be good for some weight loss!! Every cloud has a silver lining. :cool:
Hope you're feeling better soon x

I have done nothing for 2 days. Had a disappointing first week's loss so have been sulking today and in a "what's the point" kind of mood!

Steady MLH! I know that feeling only too well. Had a wisdom tooth out yesterday that was infected and had been giving me bother for about 2 years. Hoping my general health and energy will improve now. :rolleyes:

Steady MLH! I know that feeling only too well. Had a wisdom tooth out yesterday that was infected and had been giving me bother for about 2 years. Hoping my general health and energy will improve now. :rolleyes:
Ouch! That sounds painful.

I've managed to stay on track food wise - which is a major achievement when I'm in the 'sod it' mood - but still not got my ass moving just yet!

Wii Workouts so far - 6/28 (started on 4 Jan!!) - way behind schedule but still trying!
Beginner's Shred - Day 4/30 completed

Wii Workouts so far - 7/28 (started on 4 Jan!!) - way behind schedule but still trying!
Beginner's Shred - Day 5/30 completed

I'm working on the Wii too. I use Fitness Coach. The beginners was easy, but the next stage is a bit knackering. Because of 'life' I can't manage everyday.

Back