~~ January Starters/Re-starters Supportive Thread.. Please Join in ~~

another newie...

Hi, I'm Michelle - 39 and starting Cambridge on Monday.Don't want to be huge for my 40th so decided to start early.Got 11 months to lose just under 4 stone. Should be feasible... I hope! Also got 2 weddings to go to this year - my best mate in March (time to lose 2 stone you reckon??) and brother in law getting married in Spain in May - HUGE MOTIVATION!Did LL several years ago and lost 3 stone and put it all back on gradually.Determined this time to succeed and stay slim forever!!

Hi Everyone

I'm Andria, 31 and starting CD on Monday, had my meeting with cdc today and she is lovely, i am disgusted at myself and my starting weight but guess at least i am now doing something positive about it...

It will be great to support and have support from others in the same boat.

Good luck everyone and hopefully speak soon

Andria xx

Hey Guys,
I'm Sharon, i'm 38 and have been on CD since october I have lost 2 stone so far and have been off plan pretty much the whole of Dec and am struggleing to get my head back to where it was a few weeks ago :wave_cry:
But I am determined to lose another 2 stone, my nephew gets married in Cyprus in August and I am the only large lady in the family :cry: so gotta shift the weight before i hit the beach :eek:

Good luck everyone :D

Hi Sharon
I know how you feel - it is difficult - just keeping visualising that slim bod on the beach in Cyprus - and how great you will look. Just keep focussed on the goal - you can do it

Sharon:):)

Hi guys!

Well, having found this forum, i have hardly been off it for days reading what other people are going through and their motivation for losing weight.
Am currently on my second round of ss, having lost a stone and a half last year on CD but lapsed :sigh:.
Started SS again on the 1st Jan and so far so good..apart from the constant piddling!
Look forward to hearing the stories.

:D

Hi all!!!

I have just had my first meeting with CDC, and I am starting on the diet tomorrow. I am 28 and from the south. I have tried all sorts of diets in the past, although haven't tried a VLCD yet. I am apprehensive and excited and then apprehensive again but i'm sure i'll be fine! I am starting on 810 for a week and then will be going on SS. I hope to find some inspiration and support to help me on my way, so if anyone has a minute...! :wave_cry:

Hi all

Im Marie, I'm 39 and live just around the corner from Kel in Billingham (which is near Middlesbrough).

I did CD 2 years ago and lost over 2.5 stones, but things went a bit pear shaped when me and OH split up.

I got over that pretty quickly and have been living the high life a bit too much over the last year :rolleyes:. I will be 40 on 28th September and dont want to be fat for it lol.

Anyway, started on New Years day on SS weighing in at 18st 2lb, I am 5ft 3.

Hi all
Im Sharon also from the North East. I have just joined the forum today after reading it for months and have just made an appointment with a CDC for Friday. It sounds really hard but the results sound great! Going to get the weight off this time.
Shaz x

Hello all im new too started on the first of jan. Have an 19 month old son and have a stone and a half to lose im on ss at the moment and have no idea how long it will take me to lose it!! Iv semi cheated, my councellor said it wont affect me at this stage but iv had two 10 calorie soups- yes they are 10 cal tomato flavour very little carbohydrate in them, so still not sure if im in ketosis or not feel rough in the mornings and felt very faint this morning- perhaps lack of fluids- iv drunk lots since then though, has any one else been experiencing this? anyway good luck all x

hi all ive only had a short break of about 3 weeks but back on tomorrow, so will keep this thread to inspiration x

Hi all, I am restarting tomorrow after having a week off CD. Was due to get weighed tonight but have a throat infection and feel crap. I am going to be 40:cry:in April and I would like to lose another 3 stone by then {or as near as}.
Am trying to think of a theme for my party any suggestions!

Hi, I am also restarting this week! Having stopped and started with CD throughout 2008, I have decided that 2009 has to be the year that I stick with it til the end!! We are hoping to start fertility treatment this year and I don't want to be doing that at the weight that I am now! So I have a massive incentive to lose weight!!
Am going to do a prep week this week as found that it's really effective for me and then will start SS+ next Monday!

Good luck everyone, new and old! This site is great! The support and guidance is amazing xxx

What about Village People Ali? :D

Well I have got to say, I have had a really good 4 days so far. All the little niggles that have come up I have acknowledged them and just let them pass. Its just so much easier than the first time I did this, and I havnt a clue why?

Hi All,

I'm restarting on Monday so hope I'm welcome here too :wave_cry:

I'm not in a group either, should we start a new one?

Love Dee xx

Hiya Dee,

Of course your welcome chick.. :D

If you want to start a group then I am happy to do so..

xx

Hello all im new too started on the first of jan. Have an 19 month old son and have a stone and a half to lose im on ss at the moment and have no idea how long it will take me to lose it!! Iv semi cheated, my councellor said it wont affect me at this stage but iv had two 10 calorie soups- yes they are 10 cal tomato flavour very little carbohydrate in them, so still not sure if im in ketosis or not feel rough in the mornings and felt very faint this morning- perhaps lack of fluids- iv drunk lots since then though, has any one else been experiencing this? anyway good luck all x

Hiya Babe..

You will know when your in Ketosis as you dont feel hungry, you may experience a weird taste in our mouth too.
You can buy ketone sticks from the chemist which tell you if your in or not, As far as feeling faint please make sure you have had your 3 packs a day & drinking plenty of water, sipping it through the day, if you still feeling faint you may need to add a meal.
The 1st few days are always the hardest, I always suffer with a huge migraine my 1st couple of days.. :mad:

Stick in there chick..
x

Well My re-start is Nearly here & I am Feeling ok, Not looking forward to Weigh in tomorrow morning, I think I have indulged slighty too much these past 2 weeks, :eek:

I can feel my jeans were a little tighter this weekend.

Wanna say a Huge Hello to my Fellow North-Easters too. xx

Starting today

Hi All,

I have started today ready for wedding on the 15th July 2009. I have lost weight before with WW but piled it all back on and then some so this time I am so determined that I won't look back on my wedding pictures and think "if only....." I want to lose up to 6 stone so I have a long way to go but am feeling confident. I have found the forums to be a great inspiration so good luck to everyone and looking forward to making some diet buddies. Angela

Hi there, im kim,im 40 and live in the West Mids.
I started SS on saturday 3/1/09, so far i have had no probs.
i want to lose just over 2 stone, which like everyone really cant believe how it has crept on :)
Good luck everyone

Hi all!!

Danny here - I'm 34 and starting back on SS tomorrow (Tuesday 6th) - and to be honest I can't wait! I lost over 3 stone on CD last year, but sort of gave up in November/Dec as I had loads of parties to go to Etc. But I'm back and I'm really looking forward to jumping back on the wagon again. I've also decided in order to help things along I'm going to join my local leisure centre which has a little gym and I'm going to attack the fattness from both sides!

Good luck to everyone starting again! And I hope we're all still going strong at the end of the month!

Back