~~ January Starters/Re-starters Supportive Thread.. Please Join in ~~

Shelley,

Being in ketosis after 1 day is bloody fantastic, there is only a small trace this morning for me.. :mad:

I picked yesterday so hope it hasnt affected me..

I drank 7litres of water yesterday too...

On the plus side headache has gone,

yippeee...

Now the test for me is the weekend as I go to my OH's parents and the house is just full of yummy food.. :(

x

Kelly1977-hey hon-a quick question on your water....Is it ok to drink 7 litres a day? Cause I always find myself at 1pm having drunk four litres or so already....was trying to cut down.....
Had a sneaky weigh in today (promised myself I wouldnt but hey ho)
6lbs in 4 days!!!!! Yipppeeeeee
Although-that was on the very unreliable wii fit scales :-///
I did wee abit in excitement haha! Must be the water consumption of course!!!

I'm on day 8 today and have found it ok up to now! I feel so determined that this time I will get to goal (don't know what that is - depends on how I look and what size clothes I am)
Good luck everyone - new year, new start and all that
xxx

Hello All

I am 35, very happily married with a 9 year old. I have always struggled with my weight since i was a teenager - i just love good food and wine and the weight creeps on over time. I lost 2 stone last year and threw away all my old size 14 and 16 clothes - then my mum got diagnosed with cervical cancer (she is ok now) and i took comfort in carbs (pasta and granary bread with butter) and piled on nearly 4 stone in the last 10 months. I am now the biggest i've ever been at a size 18 and miserable as sin!! I have been on Cambridge for 3 days - it feels like a big mountain to climb :sigh: Nice to know you're all there :D

Hello All

I am 35, very happily married with a 9 year old. I have always struggled with my weight since i was a teenager - i just love good food and wine and the weight creeps on over time. I lost 2 stone last year and threw away all my old size 14 and 16 clothes - then my mum got diagnosed with cervical cancer (she is ok now) and i took comfort in carbs (pasta and granary bread with butter) and piled on nearly 4 stone in the last 10 months. I am now the biggest i've ever been at a size 18 and miserable as sin!! I have been on Cambridge for 3 days - it feels like a big mountain to climb :sigh: Nice to know you're all there :D
Best of luck Milli - that mountain will be a molehill before you know it
xxxx

Hey there everyone i'm on my 6th day feeling quite good have lost around 9 pounds by my weigh in but i dont have my offical one til 16th so hoepfully by then i will have hit my stone, the only thing i am finding hard it not eating with my boyfriend and for the first few weeks have made him cook for himself until im ok around food i do miss it very much!

I started at 17st 8 hoping to get down to at least 12 by August in time for my 21st!

Kelly1977-hey hon-a quick question on your water....Is it ok to drink 7 litres a day? Cause I always find myself at 1pm having drunk four litres or so already....was trying to cut down.....
Had a sneaky weigh in today (promised myself I wouldnt but hey ho)
6lbs in 4 days!!!!! Yipppeeeeee
Although-that was on the very unreliable wii fit scales :-///
I did wee abit in excitement haha! Must be the water consumption of course!!!

I dont normally drink that much but for some reason found it quite easy to, I think its between 4/5 litres I drink daily, but the motto is the more you drink the more you shrink I do find that drinking 7 a day would be too extreme.. xx

Day two for me and so far so good. Going to a 40th tonight which is going to be hard as there will be loads of us and i reckon i will be the only sober/driver in the building! I feel if i can get through the weekend then i'm on a roll and can keep going. In current credit crisis our money is tight. OH doesnt mind me doing diet but i have got to stick to it or quit.
I need to lose 1 and half stone ish and as CDC said it could be done in 6 or 7 weeks if i stick to it. Somehow that gave me a bit of inspiration. In 6 weeks the days will be getting longer and I can start to dream of a slim summer and nice clothes for first time in years.
Good luck to all.

Day two for me and so far so good. Going to a 40th tonight which is going to be hard as there will be loads of us and i reckon i will be the only sober/driver in the building! I feel if i can get through the weekend then i'm on a roll and can keep going. In current credit crisis our money is tight. OH doesnt mind me doing diet but i have got to stick to it or quit.
I need to lose 1 and half stone ish and as CDC said it could be done in 6 or 7 weeks if i stick to it. Somehow that gave me a bit of inspiration. In 6 weeks the days will be getting longer and I can start to dream of a slim summer and nice clothes for first time in years.
Good luck to all.

You might get to your target before 6 weeks, remember your 1st weigh in is gonna be at least 5lb. Last time I was on CD I lost 8lb & I stuck to it 98%.. Just drink more water you will get there quicker..

Have a fab time tonight chick.. Let me know how it goes..

xx

Day 5 for me and going well so far. Cravings for 'real' food have gone. OH dragged me along to play bingo with the old folks down local footie club (tv has gone for repair) so nothing better to do. I was good and drank 3 pints of tap water. Even won a prize in the raffle and as my number was pulled out 1st I had my choice of a giant box of maltesers (mmhh my fave), wine, choccies, crisps or biscuits. Being determined to stick with this diet I chose some PG Tips, OH couldn't believe it :D but proud of myself. Jumped on the scales this morning and it said I've lost 6 lbs but real weigh-in isn't till Tuesday lunch-time.

Morning everyone.
Not really sure if this is day 3 or 4 as i started wed eve after seeing CDC but i think i'll go with day 3.
Went to party last night and totally avoided the buffet and alcohol:angel09:. Was sticking to water but so many asked why i was drinking it i changed to diet coke. I had 4 tins which is not diet friendly but have used pee stick this morning and it is a lovely shade of pink so no harm done as ketosis has arrived.
Still feeling very positive today although with no work on a Saturday its a long day. I'm going to go and do a Tesco shop, pick kids up from my mum then busy myself with the house. Tonight will be hard as we usually would sit together watch a film, drink a bottle of wine each and eat nibbles but I do feel very positive and focussed especially as scales are on the way down. Having tea at my mum and dad tomorrow. Told mum i'm bringing my own tea with me which will be a new experience as tho they know i'm doing it, they don't realise how little we eat on SS.

Day six and doing really well at least the headache has gone.Weigh in Monday and according to my scales lost 8lb so far.
Fiona x

Day 7 now and had my official weigh in .....

I've lost 10 pounds!!!!!!!!! this has just made me so much more determind to lose all this weight, and i have even stopped wearing my slimming pants as most of my clothes have started to fit again!

x

Well done Kellybeeb, banish those big pants forever! I started Thurs morn as soon as i got up and my first WI is on monday but still hoping for 4 or 5 lbs. Well done on your first week loss that is fab

Well fingers cross Mollydog im sure you can do it have you had a sly look at the scales yet? Thats what kept me going to be honest cos i saw every morning i was losing a little bit.

will keep an eye out for your weigh in x

Day six and doing really well at least the headache has gone.Weigh in Monday and according to my scales lost 8lb so far.
Fiona x

Whoo Hoo, My WI Tomorrow too. Good Luck, Not like you need it by the sounds of it,
x

Day 7 now and had my official weigh in .....

I've lost 10 pounds!!!!!!!!! this has just made me so much more determind to lose all this weight, and i have even stopped wearing my slimming pants as most of my clothes have started to fit again!

x

Whoooo Hoooo, Huge Well Done, FANTASTIC WEIGHT LOSS.. X

hello
this is day 4 of not picking but day 7 of actual restart got weight today and i had lost 5lb in 3 days so all is good
sticking to it like mad this week i want a stone off
good luck everyone xxx

Shelley,

Being in ketosis after 1 day is bloody fantastic, there is only a small trace this morning for me.. :mad:

I picked yesterday so hope it hasnt affected me..

I drank 7litres of water yesterday too...

On the plus side headache has gone,

yippeee...

Now the test for me is the weekend as I go to my OH's parents and the house is just full of yummy food.. :(

x

yes i chuffed to bits about being in ketosis and the lbs are coming off now which is good ....7 litres of water are you sure its ok to drink that much???? be careful chick...
im really focused at the moment and the hunger has gone which is great....just wrote on my diary have got spots thou which im not happy about but thinking its coz im de toxing too?????my tired feeling is almost over and last time i did this i was full of energy so looking fwd to that feeling again....
omg have you tried the new apple and cinnamon porridge??? its sooooooooooooo nice...im tempted to have it for every meal!!!!

Back