Jaqys - dusting off the diary

Sounds bad, cant find the menu details bit.

Re trousers, its a nightmare, I am currently wearing leggings because my one pair of jeans that fit are in the wash, and all my others are too big, cant find any to fit anywhere

Oh, I think we can all sympathise re the jeans. I bought 2 pairs and they fitted perfectly. Ten days later, they no longer fitted perfectly:mad:. I stayed at the same clothes size - despite dropping kilos - for ages (hence me thinking I could go shopping as I'd reached my ideal size), then it happened really suddenly and 2 pairs of brand-new jeans no longer fit.

So, I'm doing the belt thing too!

(I'm doing no more clothes shopping until conso has been completed.)

I'm not glad the jeans thing is universal(though good to not be alone), shops are clearly forgetting that women want to wear jeans too not just teenagers. Though that said I think we all seen enough teens with ill fitting jeans too.

Sigh.

I really really dont want to buy a new pair my current size but might need to as all current pairs are getting a bit tatty for work.

Some people are dropping out the work do due to menu, its not that bad and its easier to hide the diet if everyone is leaving food :D
I'll eat before I go and probably drink lots.

Starters
Pressed chicken and bacon with pistachio served with a cranberry and port sauce and spelt bread
Or
Organic beetroot and crumbled goats cheese with apple cider brandy chutney and spelt bread
Or
Organic beetroot and caramelised button onions with toasted pumpkin seeds and gluten free bread

Mains
Tenderloin of pork with glazed apple and calvados sauce
Or
Tian of aubergine, roast vine tomatoes and fennel with a white onion sauce
All main dishes come with a family service of rosemary and thyme roasted new potatoes and a panache of market vegetables

Desserts
Circus of Delights: Chocolate truffle cups, red champagne jelly with raspberries and a strawberry dipped in Belgian chocolate
Or
Chocolate and orange torte with rum and raisin syrup

the menu sounds lovely - id have all the starters and all the mains but leave the desserts! some people eh?

Hmm what's wrong with the Menu - except that it sounds very pretentious (sorry sorry my opinion I like 'honest food'!), but looks delicious!

Our 'Christmas Work do' fare (buffet style, at work, not as expensive and subsidised but we each pay something towards) is much more traditional / pedestrian (and very much the same as last year), but includes some lovely veggie options.

I wont eat any of the starters, or either of the mains. Pork, fennel, beetroot, pistachio all things I cant/wont eat. For those who dont eat pork its veg followed by veg with a side of veg, not very christmassy.

We dont have to pay though :D

Would much prefer your pedestrian faire Anja.

It's the "organic" word which bothered me... putting it on two only of the options, made me more conscious that all the other things are obviously not!

Our Christmas do is the Friday evening before Christmas and I'm not missing a weekend away for it, so I'll pass...

(oh and we have Beaujolais Nouveau tasting - with cheese - tomorrow at 5pm, and Thanksgiving lunch next Thursday... grrrrr! I'll pass again there methinks.)

(oh and we have Beaujolais Nouveau tasting - with cheese - tomorrow at 5pm, and Thanksgiving lunch next Thursday... grrrrr! I'll pass again there methinks.)
ill be there please :)

Well done on your new milestone. I have the same problem; I had only two pairs of work trousers that fit - well I could almost do them up:D Now I can take them off without undoing them, but the next size down that I have about 10 pairs of in my wardrobe all seem a little bit tight still and the last thing I want to do is go to work and end up splitting through the bum of my trousers:D

No desire to split trousers either, though think the inseam more at risk than the bum.

Survived last night, the fish wasnt available so had veggie sausages (which turned out to be quorn) with veg which had a fair bit of oil on, left the potato wedges and passed on the pita/hummous starter. Had a glass of wine and 2 tiny tastes of the apple sauce which was fortunatly served on the side. Best of all I didnt pay :)

After staying the same for 2 days the scales were down this morning,
clearly my body likes wine.

Woke up late and needed to come in early so food for the day is a problem. Having coffee now and have a can of tuna but may have to go insearch of yogurt or something too.

Hope everyones having a good day.

After staying the same for 2 days the scales were down this morning,
clearly my body likes wine.
mine too :D
dehydration!!!

well done on being good at meal out!

I am drinking less but I think giving it up just isnt going to happen - at least not before january.

More christmas events being planned :( Have turned down going to the female work lunch but now there will be a team lunch, Arrrrrrrrggh. Dont know when/where yet.

Moaning over, I'm feeling pretty chipper really.

bloomin dieting is a pain isnt it?

ooh all this talk of works Christmas do's and food. What shall I have for mine lol

Yesterday I was VERY irked at all the invitations I was going to have to side swerve OR suffer without eating/drinking. Today I'm more resigned to going for a compensatory method... homemade soup for the other meal of the day. And NO extras. I'm willing to try it...

As for the tighter might split trousers, I need some longer tops for those... (what with tops getting seemingly shorter, and trousers lower, I'll be wearing vests soon to hide the middle bit! daren't reach up to my top shelf here today because there's not much overlap!)

I've noticed that too Jo...feeling slightly long in torso...tops are shrinking :( it's so annoying as even with normal rise trousers I like an overlap...so I can sit down without it all hanging out :D x

ive always been long in the body - swimming cossies have always been a nightmare for me.
i like the longer style of things at the mo - got some nice jumpers that are longer lengths from h and m and dorothy perkins must admit my cowl neck from m and s is short too!

it's a bummer isn't it... jackets generally don't sit at the right length either...so it's coats as a rule...

also prefer tunic tops as they're cut longer x

Back