Jaqys - dusting off the diary

Oh guess what everyone, going back to the talk of split trousers etc, I tried on a pair of jeans that I bought ages ago and have never been able to get on - (they are a size smaller than the work trousers that are still a bit tight) and they did up fine!:D

Excellent Mouse! That's great news!

Whoop, for free new jeans.

Jo I've been turning some invitations down and wish I hadnt already agreed to the non work ones before this extra one popped up. I am no social butterfly! For me I think I'll just pp extra and pp any other meals on going out days.

Team meal i'm opting for the parsnip soup, fish (i know honey roast salmon is bad but, mmmmm) and cheese(figure fat better than sugar for cravings/bloat after).

Tell yourself it's Atkins fodder! At least if you stick to low carb, you're doing all you can. It's harder for you guys in ketosis of course, cos you've gotta get back in afterwards and suffer meanwhile. (Those of us not in ketosis just suffer all the time!!)

It is frustrating having to be Billy No Mates though. Some people don't bother inviting me to things anymore cos I always say no or whine at the menu :-(

Tell yourself it's Atkins fodder
Jos motto of the week :)
tbh i feel for you dukanners its going to be extra hard to be good over xmas.
im hoping im at goal then (if i dont change it) and goin to eat 2 atkins friendly meals per day and 1 x not atkins friendly. thats how the guru Jim maintains that what im going to try. so Xmas day for me could be atkins friendly??

p.s. where we will be going for xmas do

Ciara's Restaurant - Yarm | A la Carte | A la Carte

and we dont do the xmas menu!

That menu looks great. I do miss rissotto, I'd make it and live on it for days, about the only 'fancy' thing I can cook.

I so have been toying with a return to Atkins but know the structure of Dukan is easier for my head. Xmas will be hard though.

My Xmas goal is conservative for me when I'm in losing mode partly as an aim for my weight come january when I'll have no excuses but to be back on track.

I have never made it - not that fussed on it or rice in general to be honest (rice crispies maybe ;) )
is it just the cheese and cream thats swaying you jaq or all the fatty meats too?

Cheese. Being able to have cheese at lunch would be wonderful.
An mayo.
And maybe duck now and then, its the only meat I wanted when not eating meat.

hmm that sounds good Jaqys :)

did a bad thing and bought a special loaf while out the other day was a little celebration for me thing :)

now it's sat on top of the fridge calling my name...that and the block of butter in the fridge OMG :( :) x

One of my fave food moments on holiday was being presented with the (free) warm bagette and dish of butter, soooo bad, soooo good.
Had been 'on carbs' for a few days when it happened and I didnt think twice about tucking in. I think the butter pleased me more than the bread (though it was lovely and fresh).

GO PUT IT IN THE FREEZER, forget about it, feed the ducks with it.

I can't feed t'ducks with it lol...!

too good for ducks and small children :D... I might conso for a few days...lol [speak to you on Monday! :D] x

hmm that sounds good Jaqys :)

did a bad thing and bought a special loaf while out the other day was a little celebration for me thing :)

now it's sat on top of the fridge calling my name...that and the block of butter in the fridge OMG :( :) x

Ooh, toast it! Yumsville.

Dukan over Christmas - OK in an ideal world, we'd all stick to it 100%, stay home, refuse all invitations and be miserable.

BUT realistically, what I'm going to try, is to have days with and days without and hope the balance at least helps limit the damage. I regain half a stone (of water) very quickly, and can gain a stone in a week... I now know not to weigh in first day back - no point seeing that water gain!

Jaqs - your signature has gone? Are you back in the zone? Thought of trying adding in cheese (to Atkins quantities) and seeing if you stay in ketosis? If you're not having other tolerated items, you may well... worth a try?

I'm in the zone just not using sig every post, if I remember to switch it off.
Just over 3lbs down this week so in the zone.

I won't add cheese regularly just have some for treats over Xmas and instead of dessert to help avoid sugar.

Maybe next year if I need to change things up a bit. Have enough treats to look forward to for now.

Finally Friday :D

Hope to see Harry potter tomorrow, have been teetering on allowing myself popcorn but will stick to a pepsi max. No other plans, sleep, chores, xfactor ;)

Jaqys - not that I'm encouraging you to stray, but I've been OK with cheese (I just have a small piece). I think my problem before was that I had it 3 times a day generally:eek:. I'm sure a few treats here and there won't have any adverse effect.

Enjoy the film tomorrow (popcorn is over-rated anyway;)).

The thing with cheese is just having a small piece, and theres just me, I freeze grated cheese but not keen on freezing the block stuff.
So when I had it pre dukan it would be eating a block (with a loaf) in a weekend.
When I was on Atkins it wasnt just me there to eat it so it was easier not to over indulge. I dont want to buy food that I can eat and eat and eat. Not yet. I dont particularly like meat or yogurt so not over eating is easy.

I totally get you. Though I just dont buy any of the 'special offers anymore. I just buy one small block of cheese, or the ones in net bags wth individual portions of different cheeses. I am eating a bit of cheese now instead of eggs, as I had a reaction to scrambled egg last week, but sometimes need something to take place of the boiled eggs I would keep in the fridge. I have a prtion of cheese and eat it really slowly and savour it, usually at night so it feels like a guilty pleasure lol.

Back