Jayne's Diary - Exante Total Plus. Started 2 Jan 2015

Hi Jayne, hope you're having a good day x

Hi Jayne how are you doing???

Hi all :)

Day 12

All going well. Am still 100%. Am having a few tough moments here and there where I'm really craving food of any kind, feel a bit sorry for myself as food makes me so happy (being fat does not), I wonder if I can do this for as long as I need to, really doubt myself, etc. but I give myself a talking to with all the counter arguments, make some green tea or drink some water, the moments pass and it's okay.

I never usually weigh mid week, but made the mistake of doing so this morning and was quite disappointed to find I'd stayed the same. It's week 2 though. It's not going to come off at the same rate as week 1. Plus, I know come weigh day on Fri it will drop. Thing is, I'm such a slow loser, it's very easy for me to lose only 1-2lb on this diet and then go down the route of wondering why I'm putting myself through such a tough diet when people lose that and more on WW! If I do WW though, I have a perfect week and lose half a lb! lol. So, this diet is the best and quickest for me.

Was proud of myself yesterday at work. Break time and the canteen was empty, there were 2 bags of open mini rolos on the table that had been left for people to help themselves too. I sat on the other table with my back to them with my water. Then when I went back to get some water a couple of hours later, there was one pack with just a few left and it had been moved to right in front of the water dispenser. I had to reach over it to get my water. I didn't take any. It was really hard to resist 'just one' as well. I knew though if I had just that teeny taste, that'd be it. I'd start having more teeny tastes of other things and I'd begin the slippery slope. A day on, and so pleased I stayed strong :)

Still freezing cold. Mouth still tastes yuk. Yep, all is going well :D

I'm suffering from week 2 no weight lost syndrome too :( for 4 mornings this week it's been the same and I've now dropped 1lb :(

But, I'm hoping my body is just in shock and once it lets go I'll have a whoosh... Fingers crossed!

This is about the time people start dropping off this diet (I know I've abandoned a vlcd at this stage twice....) don't let it be you :)

Well done on resisting the rolos. You're right, one is never enough!

Thanks Dietninja. Week 2 is horrid lol. I'm not falling off the wagon though ;) Hope we both get that 'whoosh' come weigh day :)

Well done Jayne. It can be so hard but try and stay focussed on your goals. Some days are a killer but you know you can do it - stay strong. I've got my first week weigh in tomorrow which I'm hoping will be good - but I know next week will be a small one. And although not as motivating, all those small losses do add up. Summer will come whether we do this or not and it'll be great to feel comfortable and enjoy it! Chin up, we're all in this together xx

So true Sparkley. Thank you :) Good luck for weigh in tomorrow :D

Hi all :)

Day 12

All going well. Am still 100%. Am having a few tough moments here and there where I'm really craving food of any kind, feel a bit sorry for myself as food makes me so happy (being fat does not), I wonder if I can do this for as long as I need to, really doubt myself, etc. but I give myself a talking to with all the counter arguments, make some green tea or drink some water, the moments pass and it's okay.

I never usually weigh mid week, but made the mistake of doing so this morning and was quite disappointed to find I'd stayed the same. It's week 2 though. It's not going to come off at the same rate as week 1. Plus, I know come weigh day on Fri it will drop. Thing is, I'm such a slow loser, it's very easy for me to lose only 1-2lb on this diet and then go down the route of wondering why I'm putting myself through such a tough diet when people lose that and more on WW! If I do WW though, I have a perfect week and lose half a lb! lol. So, this diet is the best and quickest for me.

Was proud of myself yesterday at work. Break time and the canteen was empty, there were 2 bags of open mini rolos on the table that had been left for people to help themselves too. I sat on the other table with my back to them with my water. Then when I went back to get some water a couple of hours later, there was one pack with just a few left and it had been moved to right in front of the water dispenser. I had to reach over it to get my water. I didn't take any. It was really hard to resist 'just one' as well. I knew though if I had just that teeny taste, that'd be it. I'd start having more teeny tastes of other things and I'd begin the slippery slope. A day on, and so pleased I stayed strong :)

Still freezing cold. Mouth still tastes yuk. Yep, all is going well :D

Jayne, I was amazed when I read this

.....I could have written the same, word for word

I lose slowly too, and have gone through all the thoughts and emotions you describe :)

I was doing really well on Exante a while ago, and lost 5 stone. Emotions got the better of me - I had a difficult family situation to deal with - and I put it all back on, and more :cry:

.......but, this is our year, I know it :D

Well done for resisting the temptations.

Ah Darcy, it's so hard sometimes. I really miss the excitement around food. We know it's temporary though, and is only there whilst we plan it and then eat it. The misery that comes with the weight really isn't worth it. At the moment I'm definitely grumpier whilst not on eating lol. I don't know why as sensible, intelligent human beings we continue to over eat as we do, but I like to think that this diet and the total break from food that comes with it will help us learn to be different. Can totally relate to the losing loads and then something derailing you and it slowly but surely all goes back on. This time we'll make it ;)

You did so well to resist Jayne, especially with it being chocolate :happy096:.

Are you planning any mini breaks while on this plan?

I applaud you leaving those chocs on the table. :clap: You definitely have the stuff to succeed at this diet. It's hard but worth it because you know it's fat you're losing and not muscle mass which can happen on other diets.

Week 2 I always stay the same. Don't be disheartened if you do, it's just your body adjusting. I've lost nearly 3 stone in 3 months and that includes a nine LB gain over Christmas. I took December off for a trip to London and various parties. I also lose slowly as I don't really exercise and gain weight rapidly.

Set mini goals and have a list of non food treats to reward yourself with. I have a charm bracelet and will buy a charm for every stone I lose. It's a reminder of how far I've come when I just don't feel any different. When I'm craving food I ask myself what emotion I'm feeling or trying to bury. Then I try to actually feel it instead of taking comfort in food which leads to more misery.

I find by week 4 it all becomes a normal way of life and the hunger pangs stop if I've been 100%. My energy goes up and I don't get tempted at all. It's getting back on after planned breaks that I find hard.

The bonus is your stomach will shrink so you'll get fuller faster if you do eat and also taking food out of the equation for me has really helped me notice if it's hunger or just an emotional reaction. I can't watch TV adverts because I automatically want it but I can watch cookery programmes no problem. Weird huh.

We can so do this! I hope tomorrow's better for you. Well done staying 100% so far. X

Hi Susie :) No, no planned breaks, but think it will be a miracle if I do get through to my holiday in August without some sort of break.

Thanks Angel, wise words :) I definitely need to set myself some mini goals. I like the idea of treats too :) I also have a charm bracelet and think buying a new charm for every stone lost is a lovely idea :) Not long until my first one then :D

Thanks everybody. Your support is amazing, and has definitely helped me through this evening. Pleased to say I've made it without a slip :) I felt very dodgy around tea time lol. Heading to bed shortly. One thing I am definitely doing on this diet is sleeping a lot better! I'm a bit of an insomniac usually, and whilst sleep still isn't perfect, it is much improved the past 3 or 4 nights :) I'm also feeling a lot more comfortable in general. So, all positive signs things are working for the better :)

Definately positive things happening for you. You'll be wearing that charm in no time. Take measurements too because when I don't lose I find inches go anyway. I'm using a calender to record losses and measurements so I can see the months progress all at once. That really helps on difficult days.

Have a a super day today, we are kind of in competition as we've the same weight to go (you're currently winning) :)

Hi Jayne, great diary have just read the whole thing. Some really good support and information from others that we can all use to motivate and encourage us on our journey. Seems like this is the year for alot of us and there is alot of determination out there at the moment.

Hope you have a great day, good luck x

Glad to see you made it through the day Jayne.That idea about the charms is brilliant, nothing like a good incentive to keep us on track.
Improved sleep has got to be a bonus. x

How was your day Jayne? My hunger seems to be subsiding a bit. Although I'm blown up like a balloon with all the sparkling water I've been having. X

Back