Jayne's Diary - Exante Total Plus. Started 2 Jan 2015

Just caught up with your diary. You're doing great, well done xx

Evening are the hardest. I find its much easier to resist food if I stick to a strict routine & by saving my last pack to as late as possible & having a savoury drink at times when I struggle.

You will more than likely get a bit more loss by Friday Jayne :) x

Evenings are the hardest for me, too. Once you've had your last pack of the day - and breakfast seems such a long way away - it can stress you out big time LOL. I've tried halving the bars and so forth but that never lasts for long because the bars are so yummy I always want to eat the lot x

Day 19

Today has been a complete mare! Cravings so bad. All I've been able to think of is food. Almost broken a few times. I know it's worse because AF is due. Was due yesterday, but I'm hoping by how I've been feeling and how my mood has been today it will arrive tomorrow. Glad to be heading to bed now, and the day over with! Just want to stuff my face! (I won't). Night xx

Oh Jayne, I feel for you. Hope you've woken up feeling better. It's so wired how this diet can be the easiest thing when going well and the hardest thing when those food demons take a hold.

I felt similar yesterday evening, just wanted to eat, eat, eat. It was only the fact it was my weigh in day today that stopped me. And so glad it did as another 4lb off for me! So pleased with that, so yes - the salty piece of gammon on Sunday did make me retain a few pounds of water that has now gone.

And that loss has spurred me on for another week - although two meals out this coming week so hoping I can keep a grip. Its birthday season in our family!

Hope you have a good day Jayne - you're doing great! x

Keep going Jayne...the pain is temporary, the skinny you will be forever! I'm with you today as I'm on a fast day, so nothing til lunch then a pack, followed by a pack, followed by a pack!!! Washed down with, yes, you guessed it...water!

Day 18 for me Jayne and i still feel like you do for an hour or so on most evenings, but like you, im due AF anytime too. Watching the soaps on Tv and anytime there is food in the picture i think 'you lucky bugger!' lol! I glug a pint of water and have a mug of bouillon to ease it if it gets torturous. Last time i did this for 6 months 100% TS and i didnt feel like this at all, it breezed past with no interest in food, so its different this time. But you have done 19 days of fighting and resisting the strongest food thoughts and cravings, and that is NOT easy. Well done!

The end result is far too amazing to lose though, So cling on, hang in there, keep on keeping on. Have a great day xxx

Hi Jayne,

I hope you're feeling better today and no craving too much, you're doing great, keep going x

Hi Jayne, horrible when days like that show their face. Really hope today has been a better one for you x

Hi all. Thanks for replies and support. Thankfully had a much easier day yesterday, but today's had a few tough moments. I literally can smell food when it isn't even there lol. :crazy: I'm digging in and getting through it though! Trying to not allow the negative thoughts of how long I have to endure this torture to get on top of me, and trying to keep focussed on the positives, of which there are a lot more!

Have my third weigh in tomorrow morning and then next week (week 4), I can take photos again. I'm taking them every 4 weeks. Expecting to see a good change in the pics, as my clothes are a lot looser now, I'm starting to fit into clothes that were too tight, and I'm generally feeling lighter and finding things easier moving around :) There's also a bit more room in the car seatbelt. All positive signs things are going in the right direction and it's all worth it! :)

Oh, Jayne! Brave Soldier. The rewards are great as you say and feeling your clothes loosen is one key prize. But the days can be long on a VLCD. Here's hoping your WI tomorrow will make you smile x

Jayne,
You're doing great. I just posted the exact same about my clothes being looser. Keep up the good work it will be sooo rewarding x

Good luck for your weigh in. Hope its a good one :)

Day 22

Week 3 weigh in. OMG I lost 5.5lb! Am in shock. Wondering if need new scales lol. Honestly, I've never lost so much in 3 weeks on a vlcd before! What's going on? lol. I'm notoriously a slow loser. The only thing I'm doing differently this time is I've yet to kick my butt into doing some decent exercise. In the past I always exercised (dieting or not), and so was already exercising once starting the diet and just continued. I got lazy in the last year or so - along with a couple of injury excuses. Fully intend to restart again at some point, but for now, despite the torture the diet is putting me through, it's working! Woohoo! :D

Amazing! Stunning! That buys into my theory that the more weight you lose in a week the harder the diet is because your body fights it...you really fought your cravings this week with such determination and what a reward! (Ok so I completely made up this theory but what the hell!)

Well done you!

OMG Jayne that's fantastic! Makes all the hard work worth it x Here's to another week :clap:

Back