Jayne's Lipotrim Diary - New Beginnings!

Well done Jayne on getting back into ketosis, can't be easy :)
Emma x

Feeling fab today :) Seem to have had heaps of energy and feeling very happy :) Went to the gym this morning and did body pump class followed by lots of interval runs and incline walking on treadmill. Really enjoyed it all and felt very strong throughout.

Weigh in tomorrow morning. It'll cover 2 weeks, due to last weekend's blip. Not sure what result will be like, but am hoping for 5. Prob get 4 though, ie. usual 3 for this past 'good' week and 2 for last weeks blip! Hope it's not less!

xx

Good luck for tomorrow hun x x

Hi Jayne
Wish you all the best for tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do really especially after all your gym work today.

Suse

Yes! I lost 6 lb :D Very, very happy. Not only because of the loss, but also because my BMI has dropped under 40 for the first time in a VERY long time. I have well and truly said goodbye the 18's as well :) Bring on the 16's! :D

xx

That's great news Jayne - I'm delighted for you! There's nothing like a big loss to give you the encouragement to keep going. Well done!!

Well done xx

Well done Jayne i know how hard it is with kids x

Going to just ramble out some thoughts for the sake of my diary :)

So, week 7 weigh in coming up on Monday. Have to say I feel very much in my stride at the moment :) All the horrid cravings I was having in the first weeks seem to have disappeared. Strangely they were never for chocolate (couldn't go half a day before without some of that!), but more for salty/savoury snacks, pies, pasties, etc. All gone now :) Don't get me wrong, I could still happily eat something like that, but the desire to do so is far less intense, and I'm definitely not craving them :) I feel quite amazed by it really. I feel I've well and truly broken my sugar up/down cycle and have a constant energy supply throughout the day. I don't feel quite as deprived as I did at the beginning either. I sleep better than I have done in many years. I'm more comfortable laying down in bed because I'm not quite so fat! I can breathe again now when I lay on my side, and I don't get such a sore lower back when I lay on my back. I'm about to drop a second dress size (I'd say I'm about a week or 2 away from that), from a 24 (start) to a 20 (soon). I think when I go into this next dress size down, the weight loss will become more obvious to other people. Nobody has really commented yet, other than one comment a few weeks ago about my face looking thinner. Can't say I'm really a fan of 'the face' comments, but hey I guess something's better than nothing! lol. I also need to sort myself a new gym kit out PDQ, as my current one is hanging off me, and obviously now makes me look bigger than I actually am. Not good! I'd like to up my gym sessions by one a week if possible, but am struggling at the moment do do this due to juggling things between work, children, house, etc. Hopefully will find a slot soon though that I can turn into a regular one :) Seem to have permanently cold hands, feet and nose lol. A lovely side effect of ketosis. Don't seem to have dog breath though, which I'm very grateful for lol.

xx

Hi Jayne
We started LT the same day and your diary reflects exactly what's happening to me physically. I no longer have sugar high & lows, which I am relieved about, because there's no doubt about it, but I was heading on the path to becoming a diabetic if I didn't do something to control it. I also have lost the need to have a beer or glass of wine, when I come in from work. Many people come home from work, cook dinner, get kids to bed, whatever & sit down & have a beer or glass of wine in the evening - my need to do this is now gone. I don't miss it one bit. I have never felt this healthy or had as much energy as I have since starting this food reprogramming therepy, as I call it. My sleeping pattern, like yours, has improved with deeper more quality sleeps and no heartburn. I have had to take bisodal antacid tablets for the last 5 years before bed, or during the night because of heartburn and these symptoms are now gone.
BTW, good luck with your weigh in on Monday. Suse

Oh gosh, yes, SSusee, you've just reminded me of wine! I've never been much of a drinker really, but since Christmas last year, I was enjoying a cold glass of sweet white wine of an evening. I really missed it when I started LT, but now I don't think I can quite remember what it even tastes like lol. Also heartburn! I used to have awful heartburn, and did in fact continue to have it until a couple of weeks ago. I've been using antacids for years, along with Ranitidine (which if I took every day would give me headaches, hence the mixture of antacids and ranitidine). I haven't taken anything for at least 2 weeks now I don't think.

Clearly there are plenty of health benefits going on for us both, and not just the physical appearance side of weight loss :) I know in my head as well I'm feeling more positive about myself as I'm taking control again. It sure does feel good :)

Good luck to you for Monday also :)

xx

Sooo coooooold! Flipping ketosis lol. I'm snuggled up in my all in one fluffy thing and under my duvet and still freezing!

Busy day today. Went to gym this morning and did body pump class, and then came home and hubby and I spent about 4 hours cleaning the house non stop.

Weighed myself this morning and was down about 5lb since Monday morning. Very much doubt this will hold for tomorrow's weigh in at pharmacy as I was up and down through the night needing a wee every couple of hours. No idea why, but it drove me crazy! lol. It was nice to see such a loss on the scales though today :) They showed 17st 1! I love first thing in the morning, naked weigh ins :) lol

Got one more shake left to have this evening and probably going to hang on until about 8.30 pm and then make it into a thick paste and spend ages licking it off a spoon :)

xx

Last edited:
Jayne. I've got an electric blanket for the sofa not the bed! It's made of lovely fleecy stuff and is brilliant whilst on LT. I think I got it from Lakeland........I get everything from there!

I love that early morning weigh-in, often gets me through the day. TBH that's the weigh in that I record every week, my pharmacist says that it's far more reliable than when she weighs me as the time of day and what I'm wearing tend to differ.

Fingers crossed for you x

Thoroughly disappointed with today's weigh in :(

My scales looked so promising - even this morning - with a 4lb loss, but pharmacy ones only showed 2lb :( I know I must look at the bigger picture, and that it's 2lb gone, how much I've lost so far, next week will prob be better, etc. but for now I want to just lick my wounds. I'm gutted! :(

I'm also a bit hacked off with the pharmacy. I've never seen the actual pharmacist since I signed up (although he did pop his head around today and ask how things were going, which was nice :) ), but just have the shop assistants weighing me in each week. They are lovely people and I don't have a problem with this, but they lost my paperwork in week one, and have still failed to find it. They wanted me to complete more forms today in case they got audited by Lipotrim, but I refused saying that there was lots of confidential information on the original forms and I would prefer that they were found. If they aren't, then it's their hard luck if they get caught out! I don't feel overly concerned that my details have gone missing into the big wide world, but have most likely been mis filed somewhere and will turn up in time. I won't fill out new forms though, so they stop looking for my original ones. Anyhow the atmosphere got a bit frosty after that. The woman (who had done my forms with me originally) was still polite, but didn't wish me luck for the coming week or anything. I shouldn't really let that bother me though I suppose.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about the scales they use. They look absolutely ancient, are all scratched and I doubt have ever been calibrated! Prob feel more this way at the moment though because of poor loss this week lol.

Anyhow, enough of my moaning. Will try and screw my positive head back on for later ;)

xx

Don't be down hun, 2lbs is still 2lbs but if YOUR scales continue to show 4lbs then that's what I'd go by! My pharmacist is absolutely lovely but the scales are ancient and she keeps them in a drawer and I'm sure that you should just keep them on a flat surface......listening to other peoples' posts on here it does seem like a lot of the pharmacies are happy to take the money but not offering much of a service!:(

Come on Jayne.... Positive thinking hun!!

Everyone can tell you till they're blue in the face about how well you have done (and you have!), and it's still 2lb etc. but that isn't what you expected, and when you add in the sloppiness of your pharmacy i am not surprised you are fed up!

But it will get better hun, and it is always nice for someone to wish you good luck, especially if they normally do.. Deep breaths, and rise above it Jayne.. Can you not take your own scales in? If i was that disappointed about their ones i would ask if i could bring my own, cos Noah wants their ones back on his Ark, or if they don't want to do that, tell them Antiques Roadshow is coming into town next week!! lol x x x

Oh Su, you did just make me giggle with Noah's Ark and Antiques Roadshow lol. I've been in a rotten mood all day, so that was good thank you lol.

I half think that AF may surprise me early in the next day or so. I'm so grumpy and my boobies are killing! It could just be that I'm in a bad mood though lol.

I'm just disappointed the results haven't reflected the effort, but give me today to wallow and I'll be good to go again tomorrow ;)

Thanks Sandra :) I think I'll see if pharmacy scales catch up with mine next week, and if not I'll go by mine from then on. Good luck for your weigh in this week hun.

xx

Ok Jayne - DO NOT allow yourself to be wavered off course by the stupidity & insensitivity of people, who lets face it, haven't a clue about your fantastic achievements over the last 7 weeks, they don't know because not being on this diet how could they know how hard it is and just how fantastic your achievement so far is. It's good to let off steam here & get it off your chest - you were right to stand your ground. It is not your problem they lost your forms. You'd imagine with the money they're making from you, they'd invest in a new scales. Not to worry YOU know YOUR scales is the correct one. That's all that counts. Frosty atmosphere or not it's NOT YOUR PROBLEM! Onwards & upwards (downwards?) for Week 8!!!!
Suse

Arghhh now I'm craving chocolate REALLY badly! I want to go and eat a meal, and drink a glass of wine, and it's driving me craaaaazzzzy! It's astonishing how fast emotions can flip on this diet :( I'm going to go and wash my hair and have a bath though, try and get a grip, and hope this will all pass as soon as it's arrived!

xx

Thanks SSusee. Did you weigh today? xx

Back