Jayne's Lipotrim Diary - New Beginnings!

((((( big hugs))))) .. You have had an emotional roller-coaster, but you have come through it.. This shows just how strong you really are x x x

Keep it up hunni.. you are doing fab!! x x x

wow you have good friends. some of mine have been very judgemental about this diet!!! i enjoyed reading that post. you are doing so well Jayne. for me this diet is about learning not to turn to food for comfort because im quite simply not allowed to eat. it def is working and teaching me that i dont need food to deal with emotions

Well, I lost 2lb! Bit disappointed if I'm honest, but I do have to keep in mind that I've lost 13lb in 2 weeks, and that's pretty damned good! :D However, if I only lose 2lb next week, I'm giving up lol. No way am I suffering this torment for 2lb! I have a feeling it will be better though as week 2 is usually a bad week for me, as is it for a lot of dieters. The body just goes 'whoa, what's going on here?' and puts the brakes on a touch. I'm back to the gym as of Thurs this week, and will go Sunday also, so both of those things should help :)

xx

dont be disheartened its still a loss. it probably will be more next week. But yeah i know what you mean its torture for only 2lbs a week!!! I only lost 2lbs last week and that was monday-friday. this week i am only really sunday-friday so it might only be a few pounds again. Keep up the good work Jayne you are doing soooooo welll !!! xxx

If i can't have my chocs.. you can't give up!! lol

I have read that 2nd weigh in is often not too good, but it will even itself out.. A loss is a loss hun..It's all going in the right direction!! lol

Good luck at the gym x x x x

Keep it up Jayne, you are doing so well. That's a great loss for your first two weeks. I think it can vary from week to week. There can be many reasons for this. LT states 1st average loss every 4 weeks so you are doing great!
Nice to hear you have friends who are supportive of your diet, it definately helps.
Good luck with your next weigh in. :)
Emma x

Day 17

Been a long day today!

I have the most horrendous tooth ache in a tooth that has a very old filling in it. The filling got replaced about 3 months ago, as I wasn't able to bite down on the tooth anymore due to sensitivity and pain. The re-filling didn't work though, and the tooth continued to feel the same, but I've been ignoring it. However, today it's come to a head and has been AGONY! I've managed to get on top of the pain with 2 hourly paracetamol and ibuprofen, and have dentist appointment at 12.30 tomorrow. It can't come quickly enough! I've been in work all day and hardly able to concentrate.

Then after work this evening I went to the gym for the first time in about 8 weeks or so. It was really hard going! Felt like I was starting from scratch again. Anyhow, did half hour on treadmill (incline walking) and body pump class. Am shattered now lol. Thankfully had saved a shake for afterwards, which was just as well as I was starving!

Had a sneaky weigh this morning and was 3lb down from Monday morning. Am really pleased as last week the scales barely moved! Fingers crossed this loss remains for official weigh in Monday, along with another pound or two :)

xx

Jayne be careful. I used to teach bodypump back in my fitness days and i found it required so much energy (But then i DID lift HEAVY weights as i was superfit then).. i found i needed so much more carbs in me to sustain my energy for teaching it. i had been thinking about doing it again as i still have my dvds from when i used to teach and a pump bar at home but i have been scared to do it on this diet as im scared i will just be TOTALLY shattered after it. my workouts with my PT are mostly weights with cardio intervals and i know i feel totally drained and exhausted for 2 days after, and i know its just cos my calories are SO low. How do you feel after doing it?? let me know how you feel the next few days. am also a bit scared to do it as i havent done it 18 months

Jayne be careful. I used to teach bodypump back in my fitness days and i found it required so much energy (But then i DID lift HEAVY weights as i was superfit then).. i found i needed so much more carbs in me to sustain my energy for teaching it. i had been thinking about doing it again as i still have my dvds from when i used to teach and a pump bar at home but i have been scared to do it on this diet as im scared i will just be TOTALLY shattered after it. my workouts with my PT are mostly weights with cardio intervals and i know i feel totally drained and exhausted for 2 days after, and i know its just cos my calories are SO low. How do you feel after doing it?? let me know how you feel the next few days. am also a bit scared to do it as i havent done it 18 months

Hey Megan, can we 'use' you for PT tips? I used to be really fit too but have had health problems for a few years which has resulted in weight gain.....you forget just how much extra you can eat with regular training! I'm only doing an hour of cardio at a time at the moment but that still uses more than my entire days calorie consumption! How many calories do you think that weights uses up per hour? I was planning on adding a circuit of about 45 mins to my cardio workout now that I'm nearly 4 weeks into LT...I'd really appreciate your opinion! I'd ask at the gym but I don't think that they'd be terribly approving of LT......:(

Hi Sandra, of course you can ask me PT stuff i have been out of the game for 2years now and stuff is always changing but anyhting i am not sure about i can do my best to find out, or i can ask my personal trainer. He is fab and full of knowledge.
You say you do an hours cardio...I take it the calorie measure comes from the machine. one thing you should know is that the machine read out is never 100% accurate, atlho it isnt far off. I use a heart rate monitor to track my workouts and it tells me how many calories i burned based on my heart rate throughout the workout. Last PT session i burned 725 calories. that is based on my weight as well.

Hi Megan, thanks- you're a star! I know its's not accurate but it's a good enough indicator for me at the moment! I'm using about 500 calories an hour, depending upon how I split my cardio, treadmill, bike, x-trainer or rowing machine. That's gone down from 700(ish) an hour as I just can't manage aany sort of 'pace' with my hip as bad as it is. That's why I thought that I might reduce my cardio and do more weights until my op, either way I guess that it's better than sitting on my ar8e!

see im not sure how it all works with the ketosis etc as well... if our bodies are in a fat burning state then surely our calories for exercise are coming directly from our fat stores i think. so either way whether you do weights or cardio you will tone up because you are burning fat...i think !!!

Megan just got back from the gym, had a great workout but you know what? I am starving! Seriously there's some cold meat in the fridge and I took the pack out the minute that I walked through the door, logged on here and contemplated eating it....read all the info on the pack etc and decided that I would eat it instead of my last shake.......

The good news is that I've got a grip of myself and put the pack back in the fridge...phew....going to have a nice long bath to get me through the next hour or so until OH gets home..

A bit worried that exercise is making me hungry, I'm definitely in ketosis so how does that work? Anyone else feel like this after a workout?

see i am not exercising every day but i def notice the days after the days that i do exercise, i am definitely more hungry. it seems it would be logic that if your body is in ketosis then the energy for exercise is coming from the stored fat in your body, however if that is the case then i do not understand the hunger thing!!! i will have to ask my personal trainer

Megan, my weights were pretty low last night for pump as I've lost lots of fitness in the past weeks of not doing anything. I only did 8 kilo bar for warm up, 10 kilo for squats, and then back to 8 for everything else. I was fine energy wise in completing everything. It just felt difficult as I'd not been for ages. I've been fine today energy wise, and surprisingly not to sore (yet!).

I use a Ki Fit band for monitoring calorie expenditurehttp://www.kiperformance.co.uk/

Usually burn 260 calories in a pump class and burnt 200 on the treadmill, but really wasn't pushing myself!

Anyhow .....

Day 19

All going fine with the diet. Didn't get to have my first pack today until gone 5 pm, which was ridiculous, but was really busy in work first thing, and then I went to the dentist. That was a total nightmare. Had to have 3 full doses of local anaesthetic to get the tooth numb and he took out the yuk and put in a temporary filling. Got to go back on 5 October for X-rays, and assessment and then on to root canal. When the numbness wore off I still have lots of pain in the tooth and am feeling very sorry for myself this evening. Am dosed back up on pain killers :( :sigh:

Have just had my second shake and will have another in a couple of hours before bed. I usually have them at 9 am, 2.30 pm and 8.30 pm. Don't like clumping them together in the evening.

xx

I saw a 17 on the scales this evening for the first time in years! Woohooo :D I hope it stays! Was nice to see it regardless :) More excited about seeing that number than any of the weight loss so far :)

Felt lots better today with my tooth. It's still very sensitive and a bit sore, but the awful toothache has subsided. Fingers crossed it remains that way now until my next appointment on the 5th.

Right, best get to bed. This is the first time I've managed to be on here today, although did log on earlier, didn't get around to reading/posting. Off to the gym first thing :) Surprisingly not too sore after Thursday's session. Maybe my muscles are using their memory :p Cannot wait to get this weight off and back to the fitness I had years ago pre depression, broken bones, surgery, etc. I'm getting there, and it feels damned good! :)

xx

Day 21

Gym this morning was fab, and it's so nice to be getting back into a routine with it. Feel very good about myself :) I didn't kill myself there though, and it was great to not feel guilty about not doing loads. I usually do as I have to burn off excess calories I've eaten, but of course there's no need now. It's purely to increase fitness :) I did pump class and then a 20 min, random incline walk on treadmill and then a casual stroll whilst listening to my music lol. Was very enjoyable :)

The 17's were also still showing on the scale this morning :) Official weigh in tomorrow, which of course is fully dressed, so wondering if the 17's will show up on Pharmacy scales. So long as they remain on the home ones I'm happy, although can't wait until I'm well down into the 17's so no chance of the 18's popping up anywhere again! Hoping to shift 3-4lb officially this week.

xx

Good luck for tomorrow hun ♥ ♥

Meet you here tomorrow as it's my day too, as well as a few others.... I am looking for 4lb too, so fingers crossed for all of us x x x

Good luck Su :) xx

Well, what can I say. 3lb off. Must admit I'm a tad disappointed (again). Yesterday I wanted 3-4, but think I really would've liked 4 or 5! This is just such a hard diet to do for 3lb :( and to lose 14lb in 4 weeks (excluding the first week's huge loss), I would now have to shift 4.5lb each week for the next 2 weeks. I feel a bit despondent.

On the positive, I've lost 16lb in 3 weeks which is a lot more than I would on a conventional diet, I'm generally a very slow loser anyhow - shifting only 1 to 1.5lb a week when being super good and doing heaps of exercise on something like Slimming World, so a 3lb loss for my body is pretty good. Plus it's 3lb of pure fat. That's got to be good :)

Anyhow, onwards and upwards for the coming week :)

xx

Back